• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 1200 paddock stand

geordielad

Just got it firing!
Hi.
Does anyone know if the paddock stand that fits the Griso will fit my Breva 1200?

I know where there is one for sale and was wondering if it would do.

Cheers :cool:

Since you've had no replies, I will chime in with this contribution.

I wanted a centre-stand substitution for my 1200 Sport which I believe is almost identical to your Breva 1200.

At first I considered installing the stock centre stand, but then remembered it hangs up when getting ambitious in the corners. So I devised a paddock stand to lift on bobbins located at the pillion footrest location. The stand is an expansion of a standard rear stand with some extentions welded in to increase height, width and length. Front stand is as purchased.

SportonPaddockStands-2.jpg

Initially, I tried a pipe through the "hole in the frame" but the lifting point is too far forward, resulting in too much leverage required to raise the bike at this point. The bobbins at the pillion rest location was the only place I could find to lift that also allowed the rear wheel to be removed simultaneously.

Hope this helps.

GrahamNZ said:
Dave

i hope that casting is strong enough...... Weight plus impact loading can get serious.

What casting are you referring to, Graham? Are you referring to the pillion footrest plates?
(MG05443530NA & MG05446030NA in the parts list.)

Thanks for the info guys - I didn't want to go down the route of the stock centre stand as I do try to make "spirited progress" when possible but I want a method to lift her up.
Can't find an Abba fitment for mine either.

I also, was thinking of using the "hole in the frame" but wasn't too keen on its position.

Will have a look at the bobbins as suggested. :)

Hi Geordielad,

I have a Griso 1200 8v and he is standing on a "Becker Technik" stand.
I modified the attachment points, they are bigger now.
But it stil is a great stand and easy to use.
I don't know if you can use this stand on your Breva. Maybe with some modification(s).
This is the Becker site:
http://www.becker-technik.de/

I hope this can help you.
Regards
Ad

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 1,965
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 1,971
Hi Ad

Does the stand stay permanently on the bike, or do you install it when you want the rear wheel off the ground? If the latter, how easy is it to attach and detach?

Hi Ad, I have the same Becker Technik lifter on my Griso too. Can you share the modification that you have done to the attachment point?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Phang

PDSCN6543.jpg

Hi,

the "Becker" stand isn't permanent on the bike, you have to detach it. Like the movy explains.
It is very easy to attach and to detach. It's also very easy to put the bike on this stand.
You can get the bike on and off the stand by yourself, alone. That's safe.
It works like a normal central stand like some bikes have.

I modified this stand because I didn't trust it to set my bike on something wich hangs on only a few milimeters...
So I made bigger bushings.

This is the adapter at the bike, with M8 in it at the motorside.

A bigger bushing at the stand.

Now the bike hangs onto Ø 18 mm x 20 mm on each side.
That's bigger and safer

Regards.
Ad

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    994.7 KB · Views: 844
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    801.8 KB · Views: 843
Hi Phang and others,

ha, ha, ha,... Of course I don't mind...
Please use it.
I made a bit of a drawing for those who like it...

all is in mm... I'm of Europe...
I made it of stainless steel

Regards
Ad

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 810
  • bushing.jpg
    bushing.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 809
Thanks Ad, do you use some form of threadlocker (ie. Loctite) to secure the M8 threaded rod to the stud :?:

Phang

Hi Phang,
Yes, I use loctite on it. The green one, loctite 648.
That's (at this moment) the only one I have at home...
But others will be good too...

Ad

Ad B said:
Hi,

I modified this stand because I didn't trust it to set my bike on something wich hangs on only a few milimeters...
So I made bigger bushings.

This is the adapter at the bike, with M8 in it at the motorside.

A bigger bushing at the stand.

Now the bike hangs onto Ø 18 mm x 20 mm on each side.
That's bigger and safer

Regards.
Ad

Ad B

Let me get this straight: The first drawing is the adapter and the second drawing is the bushing? I would need two of each? I'm having a hard time understanding the setup but maybe I need to see the motorcycle and see the stand to figure it out? I haven't picked up my Griso yet, I want to wait until the end of winter. But I would like to get the stand ahead of time so I'll have it when the bike arrives.

One more thing. Can I order the Becker stand online or do I call or do mail order? The Becker web site is difficult for me to understand since part of it seems to be in German or something.

Thanks!

Hi Apexal,

Yes, the first "drawing" is the adapter. This is on the bike, it replaces the original bolt (M8 x 75 mm long without head).
The rod M8 is 75 mm out of the adapter...
The second "drawing" is the bushing. This is attached with M10 at the Becker stand.
And yes Apexal, you need two of both. At each side of your bike.

The use of the Becker site should be easy. At each page you should push the English flag button.
The page will change into English language.
You can order online, but you have to arrange the paying yourself, as far as I know.
The best thing to do is sending a email with the question how much the sending to your place will be.
Add this amount to the €82,- (~$ 109,-) what the Griso stand (number 22 on the order form) cost.

I'm very satisfied with the Becker stand now.
My darling Griso will stand onto it till the end of our winter, probably till next February or March :( :cry: :(
If you have more problems, I'm gladly willing to help.
Just ask.

Regards.
Ad B

Ad B,

Thank you very much. I was asking those questions so I could decide on which stand to get. I'm going to get the Becker!

I'd like to get the stand before I pick up my bike in the spring, especially if it takes a long time to get a stand from Germany. I'll do the mods after I have both the bike and the stand.

Thanks again!

I wrote an email to Becker through their web site asking about shipping costs to the USA. Their reply is below. Has anybody in the US been able to buy a Becker stand or am I sh*t out of luck?

Dear Al,
Thank you for you inquity.
Sorry, but we don´t sell our products to the USA (and Canada also) because we have no product insurance for these countrys.
Kind regards

Simon Becker
Becker-Technik, Speckenstr. 7, D-37434 Bodensee, Tel.: 05507-3127

Back