• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Twin pipes on a Griso

wetcoast_griso

Tuned and Synch'ed
The mild and woolly suburbs of Vancouver Canada
Has anyone done twin pipes in a Griso? I'm curious because I've never been happy with the BMWesque exhaust note on my G1100. One of the things that drew me to Moto Guzzi was the sound of the California and I've been thinking if that sound was possible on a Griso. 'Course it may all be a (pardon the pun) pipe dream since cost is always an object.

http://daes-mototec.de/ ;)
15236z1.jpg

"BMWesque" exhaust note?
What kind of muffler do you have?
My Griso (with Todds right side exit pipe) sounds like a muscle car with a V8.
Even when it had the stock pipe the only thing it had in common with a BMW exhaust note was being quiet.
Well, anyway, running two mufflers would have limited impact on the sound unless you get ride of the collector. That is what makes the Griso sound like it does.

GuzziMoto said:
"BMWesque" exhaust note?
Even when it had the stock pipe the only thing it had in common with a BMW exhaust note was being quiet.
Well, anyway, running two mufflers would have limited impact on the sound unless you get ride of the collector. That is what makes the Griso sound like it does.

Griso doesn't use a collector. Cat and all 'silencing' is all taken care of in the silencer. The 'Loop' pipe i just that, a loop. Not too important on the 2VPC models but vital for the 8VG.

pete

Pete, I am sure it is just a question of different names for the same part, but here in the USA that section of pipe where the two header pipes join into one is called the collector.
I am sure there are other names for it, call it what you will, that piece that joins the two pipes into one changes the sound you get from the boom of a two pipe system (even with a cross over) like the V11 to a snarl as the two pressure wave patterns merge into one stream.

GuzziMoto said:
"BMWesque" exhaust note?

I have the stock can, and it muffles so well that the clutch (when engaged) makes more noise than the engine. (OK maybe that's a bit hyperbolic ;)

GuzziMoto said:
Pete, I am sure it is just a question of different names for the same part, but here in the USA that section of pipe where the two header pipes join into one is called the collector.
I am sure there are other names for it, call it what you will, that piece that joins the two pipes into one changes the sound you get from the boom of a two pipe system (even with a cross over) like the V11 to a snarl as the two pressure wave patterns merge into one stream.

Right, gotcha! The newer 8V designs DO actually use a 'collector' and it contains the Cat. Just a matter of how they're described.

pete

Just catching this one too... we can custom build any exhaust combo you'd like, but $1850 USD sounds about right with twin carbon mufflers. Stainless would be ~$300 less. Contact me direct if you're interested. This would be a complete new set-up from the 2-1 "collector" back.

with that wtin, underseat, system you also have to buy a different tailpiece from memory. I was really interested in that system because it looked drop-dead gorgeous but it was very expensive when I was looking, (With the current exchange rate it might be worth looking again!) and the bloke in Germany wouldn't answer emails so it all became a bit moot!

Todd? I've got a spare set of cams. If you'd like to get a pair of these German cams to play with I'm more than happy to do the exchange and you can bung 'em in someone's Griso in California and then do the magic with the PCV/AT. I'll cover the cost of the cams. As you know it is my belief that you have to re-cam to get the best out of the PCV/AT with a less restrictive exhaust system and while I'm perfectly happy with how my bike runs at present if re-camming coupled with PCV/AT tuning delivers the goods I might yet be swayed to fit one to my bike.

pete

Back