• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Australia Stelvio Owners Thread

THE BONESHAKER

Tuned and Synch'ed
Just wanting to get a more local thread together of Stelvio owners in Australia. Post anything you like. Photos please of your Stelvio and trip reports of your Australian Adventure.

Boneshaker
I am off to the Ragged Fringe Rally this weekend,I know there will be a total of 3 Stelvios there.
I will take some photos.
Brett

G'day rosey, so there is another stelvio in australia!!! :D Hope you have fun at the rally. My stelvio was manufactured in august and there are a few changes made in comparison to one that was built in june. New steel footpegs, different seat fabric, different adjusting bolts to the screen, wiring loom changed for headlight wiring. Silly thing is that they put a straight valve in the rims rather than previously having the 90dg elbow style valves. One step backward but a few steps forward. I am currently building an auxiliary fuel tank to mount behind the right side pannier rack (opposite side of muffler). Constructing out of plate aluminium and using an electric fuel pump to transfer fuel to the maintank. I'll post some pics when done.

Hey Tassie Mike,
I saw your bike at shearwater motorcycles earlier in the week. I picked mine up on Tuesday. Were you riding yours two up today in the ulverstone region. I swear I saw a bronze ntx with the panniers off riding two up today. Do you live up burnie way?
It'd be cool to catch up and compare notes and maybe ride together. I love my Stelvio especially when I compare it with my previous bike a BMW F800GS. I'll send you a private message with my details. Please call.
Cheers, Peter

Hello Brett just letting people out there know that there is another NTX out there running around. Great weekend at the ragged fringe. Hope to see everyone at the Vic Guzzi rally on the 22nd to the 24th of Oct. Once again there will be at least three Stelvios there to see.

Tassie Mike said:
I thought my V-Strom was good, but this is so much better.
More later.

As I've said before, riding a V-strom make you look like a Hungarian root vegetable salesman. At least on a Stelvio you might convince people you could palm them off with a nice buffalo mozarella :laugh:

Pete

I have made up two fuel carriers that fit in two where the pillion foot pegs go. They both hold a five liter fuel can to give me 28 liters if needed. If I knew how to place photos on the site I would post some pictures. See you all at the spagetti rally, hope all Stelivos are there.

Yes, I thought of that idea. How low did you mount them and do they foul up with your boots when going through the tricky stuff? I've seen the pegpacker ones on several bikes and many were mounted too low. The other thing is that you need to stop and manually fill your tank. I'm going with an electric fuel transfer pump from a permanently mounted auxiliary fuel tank.
If you manage to send a pic, that would be nice.
Cheers, Peter

deanm said:
I have made up two fuel carriers that fit in two where the pillion foot pegs go. They both hold a five liter fuel can to give me 28 liters if needed. If I knew how to place photos on the site I would post some pictures. See you all at the spagetti rally, hope all Stelivos are there.

No they do not foul your feet in the tricky stuff. I have tried to load photos on the site but they are to big and I am still tring to shrink the photos to get them on the site. I have seen the peg packers on the web but they did not have any for the Stelivo, so I made them myself. Will be making a headlight protector for the bike before the spaggetti rally.

I was at the Spag rally on the weekend and it was mentioned that a Stelvio had crashed on the Black Spur on Saturday in the rain (maybe on the way to the Spag?).The rider had come off the bike and the bike ended up on the wrong side of the road ,then it was hit by a car.Anyone know anything about that,was it anyone on this list ,are you OK?
Brett

No mate, sounds tragic. Never a good thing to hear. I got the latest copy of the Australian Motorcycle News where a comparo was done between R1200GS BMW vs Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 vs Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX 1200 and they didn't manage finish the review on the Stelvio because they crashed it badly. Broken sump etc. What was written though was pretty good, especially if you read between the lines. I think the conclusion is that the Stelvio is the best all rounder, the 1200GS is the best tarmac ride and the Tenere is the best rough offroader. When it comes to dollars and cents though I think they got it all wrong. The Stelvio NTX is $25000 on road and that is about right. They said the Tenere is $19900 on road, the best I've seen here is $20990 and remember that this is without panniers and spotties and crashbars, so if you specced it up to the same it would be $25000 also. The BMW 1200GS they said was $23500 with wire wheels another $1000 say $24500 and once again does not have crashbars, panniers and spot lights. I priced the BMW prior to buying the Stelvio and it was just under $30000 for the same set up as the Stelvio. At the end of the day we've got to compare apples with apples not oranges or lemons!!
This is why the Stelvio is the BEST. Best value for money, the best chassis, the most bullet proof engine and transmission, the most robust design, ready to go out nof the box and the most fun to ride.
Alright I'll shut up now.
Cheers

Hello
Just joined the MG Stelvio tribe
I'm based in Sydney.
Looking to clear out the lethargic manner
of the bike between 3.8 >5.2 k
How much back pressure does this engine
need ? I slipped a yoshi 2 1/4" carbon muffler
on the bike (load)
Rang Serco, importers of power commander
they have not a PCV for the stelvio as yet
Thanks for the Tappet adjusting thread
mine are singing for service

john

Welcome 20boronia,
John
I'm looking forward to the power commander also. I contacted them but have no response yet as to when they will be available. I'm looking at pipe options too as I am thinking of lowering the muffler down to accomodate a third fuel tank in the space left behind from the muffler. The oem muffler is too big to do that with. I already have under construction an aluminium fuel tank for the right hand side which should be 8 ltrs. If I can get a futher 8 litres on te left hand side above the muffler I would have a total fuel capacity of 34 ltrs. The good thing about that is that the new 2011 Stelvio is getting 32ltrs but all over the front of the bike. This will affect it's dual sport ability. If I have 16 litres at the back of the bike it will hardly be noticed.
Won't be long and we would be able to organize an Australian Stelvio owners get together!
Sound like fun?
Cheers, Peter

It's got fuck-all to do with 'Back Pressure' and everything to do with head and cam design. Without major map modification and different cams IMHO you won't get ANY 8V Guzzi to work with an open pipe.

As for PC products Todd is obviously the bloke to talk to if you look at the stickied threads. IMHO the PCV/AT is the best package currently available in te english speaking world and as I'm not a natural polyglot I'm stuck with English and a smattering of Italian and French.

Pete

pete roper said:
It's got fuck-all to do with 'Back Pressure' and everything to do with head and cam design. Without major map modification and different cams IMHO you won't get ANY 8V Guzzi to work with an open pipe.

As for PC products Todd is obviously the bloke to talk to if you look at the stickied threads. IMHO the PCV/AT is the best package currently available in te english speaking world and as I'm not a natural polyglot I'm stuck with English and a smattering of Italian and French.

Pete

Pete,
I am only looking to change the muffler because I want to lower it to make way for a third fuel tank. Aftermarket mufflers are more compact, that's all. No one here said anything about back pressure although I fully understand where you are coming from. As for PC products for the PCV/AT the only reason I am waiting for power commander to come out with it is because of local dealerships and that's all. PC products does not have any local dealerships here in Australia.
Cheers, Peter

Back