• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso cans

cyclobutch

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Putting aside my bitching on the previous thread. It's likely that I shall sell my '99 Speed Triple in the Spring and spend another year trying to get to like the Griso.

Now whilst I wouldn't want a pipe that is too noisy, particularly in built up areas, I do like a bit of noise to accompany my travels. The Triple has an under seat pipe (too loud really) and the preceding Bandit 12 had a BOS can. I'm very much of the view that noisy bikes save lives too.

So, the Griso with the standard can is too quiet. Never the less, and I know it's a controversial point, I love the look of the standard can and would hate to lose that. Has anyone knowledge of a similar looking after market unit? Or perhaps useful modifications that can be made to the std one (and I'm not going to go outside with a power drill either)?

Much has been made of RacerX's right side exit pipe (I have one) but first he came up with a left side exit slip on that was a bit like the stock pipe in shape but smaller and done nicely in stainless. I don't have a pic but I'm pretty sure they're still out there. He offers a quiet insert now like pretty much everybody else and with that in it is reasonable. Take it out and it sounds like a 60's muscle car.
There are plenty of choices though. Before the current rightside exit pipe on my Griso I had a Quat-D and liked it. Looked and sounded good. Only reason I replaced it was I saw the rightside exit pipe and love the way the bike looks with it. Should have been made that way to begin with.

Thanks(!) GuzziMoto.

Sound is relative, and since the stock muffler carries the cat, it would be a VERY timely modification for someone I suspect... on top of it being hideously big (IMO) and weighing in @30 lbs.

If you're looking for a bit more sound then stock, I'm guessing the length of the Termignoni would warrant a reasonable exhaust note.

The GT-Rx exhaust, with or without the db-killer plug, is still quite righteous. From the feedback I'm getting from those outside of the U.S., it's too loud either way. Those here in the States that run them seem to be OK... that is, compared to open-pipe HDs, it's quite tame. As stated in other threads... the sound on the bike is quite different then when it rides by.

Here's a L/S version:

The Termignoni is quite nice too... although I prefer the shape of the GT-Rx

termi1.jpg

termi2.jpg

The right side exhaust GuzziMoto was talking about is this one... (photos extracted from the old forum!) It looks very nice too...

G-RSE-CU.jpg

G-RSE-LS.jpg

I don't want to make too much of the noise with the Rt-x pipe. It is too loud for ME and does draw the odd frown of disapproval from pains in the ass. We have just had a new copper arrive in town and he's really throwing his weight around and making a pest of himself. Since the pipe doesn't have ADR approval it is exactly the sort of thing that I'm sure he'd love to give me some shit about so I'm looking forward to the db killer arriving :angry:. It's perfectly possible to pobble along and keep the noise acceptable but as soon as you crack the throttle people several suburbs away will start checking the sky for thunderheads :laugh:.

Everybody who has seen it reckons it looks like the dogs bollocks and it is beautifully made. On the 8V it does upset the fueling a bit more than other pipes do to the 1100 but not extraordinarily so. Anyway, with the advent of the PCV this should become a non issue.

Incidentally, Todd, will the ignition timing be adjustable with the new PCV?

Pete

FYI, on my right side exit pipe I have a Cat from my old Quat-D screwed into the exit of the pipe. The diameter happened to be just a tad smaller then the I.D. of the baffle. I put it in position and ran a couple screws thru the baffle into it. It looks fine, you hardly notice something is different, but the payoff was in the sound. It is now a little quieter then my wifes V11 with the Guzzi "Race Only" pipes. Cruising down the road it is almost too quiet. The honeycomb off the Cat seems to flow enough to run well but breaks up the sound waves or something so that the overall volume is much lower.

Back