• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Somebody help please

wolfie963

Just got it firing!
Can somebody help?

I was riding down the road a few weeks ago. On my 08 plate 1100 griso. When suddenly the just cut out.
So I was forced to pull over.
The error code was something like DSB 08. I think that's to do with the oil.
So I gave it an oil change. Oh and then guess what?
That's right, it wouldn't start. That's it to this day, it won't start.

Please can somebody advise me on how to get my bike working again?

Hey Wolfie,
Can you give us more details? The problem is likely unrelated to your oil.
Does the engine turn over at all... but not fire?
Have you opened the tank and looked while turning starter over (swirling indicates hose came off fuel pump)
Have you checked the neutral switch at the side stand to make sure its not failed (will prevent running obviously)?

Give us a little more info and we'll see if we can help ;)

Hi

The engine turns over, there is a spark.
I haven't looked in the fuel tank while starting, but I have checked to make sure the fuel tank line has not come off.

And I haven't checked the side stand micro switch. But will do.

I was reading in another thread. About the ECU becoming confused. And having to reset it. And something to do with the oil presure sensor. I was thinking it could be that.

Rich

wolfie963 said:
The engine turns over, there is a spark. I haven't looked in the fuel tank while starting, but I have checked to make sure the fuel tank line has not come off.
I'd wager it's the fuel line/pump assy. How have you "checked" to make sure?

To reiterate what others have said. Have a look inside the tank with the ignition on. If you see movement/swirling of fuel, the pipes blown off. This is the common problem, not the fuel line under the tank. The sidestand switch is another problem which occurs from time to time. If it`s neither of these, then a more in depth investigation is needed. As you say you`ve got a spark, it seems more likely that it is a fuel problem. But WTF do I know, I`m drinking Woods Navy Rum :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks guys, I'll check the tank and the side stand tomorrow. As it getting late.

And thanks Tod, you've given me a great idea, I have a nice bottle of Rum in the cupboard. I might have to finish it.

Whatever it is, it's dangerous.
This exact same thing happened to a friend of mines Harley, and turned out to be something called a bank angle sensor.
This is basically a safety device that cuts the engine if the bike falls over.
There was a fault with it that caused it to cut the engine with the bike upright.
I think the Griso has a bank angle sensor.

It'd be great to know how to reset the bank angle sensor in case this happens to anyone out on the road. Who know's where they'll be stuck if the bike shuts down. Anyone have the remedy for this and can it be done on the road with simple tools? Sounds to me like some codes will need to be cleared as well after, or maybe just the codes if it's all electronic.

I've just looked into that fault code.
DSB 08 = oil pressure.
At first I thought it might just be a fault with the oil pressure sensor, but that appears to be DSB 07.
So it looks like a trip to the dealer is in order.
What you could try though, is disconnecting the battery earth terminal for about 10 seconds.
This will re set the computer and wipe the fault so if it was a glitch, it'll rectify it.
Sounds like the bike has gone into some sort of safe mode.

Back