• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Trailering a Norge 1200

CKC132

Just got it firing!
Does anyone have any suggestions on trailering a Norge 1200 in an enclosed trailer. I know, I know, I should be riding it but need to get out of the snow first!

Are there special brackets or hardware needed? I have a double trailer for dirt bikes but the tie downs are in front of the front wheel and behind the read leaving no room in the front to get past the fairing. Suggestions?? :?:

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks!!

You need Canyon Dancers or something of that sort. Other than that, it's no different than any other to trailer.

Hi,
Question: can you get the straps at the front at the lowest triple tree, under the fairing?
That's the first place I tought about, looking at a picture of the Norge.

Good luck.
Ad B

PS I didn't know what "Canyon Dancers" are... Now I've seen them on the Internet.
Yes, Canyon Dancers.

I'd use a couple of Ancra tie down extensions http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_c ... Id=&mmyId= on the fork tubes just above the lower triple clamp as mentioned above if you can get to it and not interfere with the fairing. I place the extension around the tube, then place one loop through the other. I've used the "Canyon Dancer" only when I can't get to the fork tube. I don't like to put much tension that far out on the bars.

As John says, or I highly recommend (and use) this product; http://cyclecynch.com/ instead of a Canyon Dancer... Superior product with no damage to the switchgear or bike. The Cycle Cynch product was developed by a (former) Guzzi/Aprilia employee, and is a good friend. They've used them on all of the fleet transport for over 5 years now. I tossed my Canyon Dancers.

I have cyclecynch, too. Gave my Canyon Dancers away, although they worked ok.
One thing that *may* be an issue is the grip heaters being damaged by their use, though. One of mine quit working, and I haven't looked into it yet. May be totally unrelated.

I bent the left handle bar on my Norge with a Canyon Dancer, (the one with the hard cups) I won't use them again...

Dan

Wow, good to know gents. Thanks for the information. I went to my local shop and asked for Canyon Dancers yesterday but think I received something else. Didn't look at the packaging yet. I will definitely get the CycleCinch if thats not what they gave me.

Thanks for all the information. Merry Christmas!

Ok well, I just looked and they gave me the Canyon Dancers, good dealership to give me what I asked for...but think I will get the Cycle Cynch because of your suggestions.

When I look at the site there are two different kinds Cycle Cynch 1 and 2. Can anyone suggest which I will need for my Norge?

Thanks again for all the info!!

GT-Rx said:
As John says, or I highly recommend (and use) this product; http://cyclecynch.com/ instead of a Canyon Dancer... Superior product with no damage to the switchgear or bike. The Cycle Cynch product was developed by a (former) Guzzi/Aprilia employee, and is a good friend. They've used them on all of the fleet transport for over 5 years now. I tossed my Canyon Dancers.

GT RX, I am trying to get in touch with Cycle Cynch and order a set for overnight delivery but cannot reach anyone via phone or email, at least have not received any response. If you know them can you ask them to contact me so I can order the parts? I need them by Tuesday (tomorrow).

Thanks

I'll try to contact them and send you the info direct, otherwise, your local big cycle shop (cyclegear.com online or eq.) should have, or be able to get them to you overnight. You asked about the I vs. II... the 'I' is just the bar harness, and the 'II' comes with built in tie-downs. No other difference(s).

Thanks for the quick response. I just got off the phone with Mark, great guy. Very helpful. I am ordering it for delivery tomorrow and he has really helped me out. Thanks for all your help.

My pleasure, he called me when he hung up with you. Sounds like you are set. Best to you on it, and in the New Year.

Wistrick said:
would the cycle cync prevent the issue of the bar getting bent???
Dan, no it would not, however the *only* reason a bar would bend using this (or any similar) product would be excessive tie-down force (i.e. ratchet straps, which I don't like/use). I have used Cycle Cynch II's for 4+ years (dozens of times per year), and have NEVER had any issues, and I trailer every type of Guzzi imaginable including my Norge & Stelvio. Marc (the owner of Cycle Cynch) recommends those who are newer to transporting bikes to use a front wheel chock, and additional tie downs on other points of the bike. I use one set of Ancra additionally at a low point pulling forward or out to 90º to the bike, never backwards.

I used something like the Canyon Dancers when I purchased my Norge and trailered her for 360 miles to get home. No problems.

towstrap3297cropped.jpg

I use ratchet tie downs but you do have to take it easy with them. It's not a contest to see how far you can go. Good and snug is good enough. Check again after a few miles.
U-Haul is my trailer of choice. No space for one at home.

Cat City Rider said:
I use ratchet tie downs but you do have to take it easy with them. It's not a contest to see how far you can go. Good and snug is good enough. Check again after a few miles.
U-Haul is my trailer of choice. No space for one at home.

I don't recommend ratcheting tie downs from experience. I had one fail on me (ratchet mechanism let go, bike tipped over). I now only use name brand Ancra tie downs and never the cheap imitations. The Ancra locking mechanism never fails.

Back