• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Service Lamp On

Cat City Rider

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi all, I have a question that maybe someone can assist me with. My service lamp comes on, after a few miles it goes out only to come on again. The first time it happened the service wrench came on which is no surprise as I was coming up on my 12, 500 mile service which was done early. I cleared the service lamp and all codes and wrench went away. Now the service lamp comes on with no other symbol and no codes. I clear it again and again or it goes away after the bike is shut down only to see it return again with no errors or codes. All else works OK and there is no dashboard or speedo on/off thing going on.
Any ideas?

To all: Happy holidays, Happy solstice, Happy Festivus, And A Very Merry Christmas

Top Cat,

Mine has done this off and on for the last 10000 km or so. So far I have not been able to find a fault with anything. The best part is that I started riding through the error and it disappeared all by itself after 1-1.5 km. No error codes are stored. I have just run up 30000 km and have not seen it in the last couple of thousand.

Personally I think this is Mr Guzzi's way of saying it is now run in and stop riding like an old woman :)

TC,
I think your right but mine comes on after anything from 1.5 km to 30 km only to go out again whenever it feels like it, or when I shut it down. With the holidays and weather just now, my riding will be rather limited, so I haven't been able to see if there is any pattern. Guess I'll just ride on through it all.

Hey guys,
Mine (Breva 1200 ABS) has had the same problem. The 'service!'-warning occured at starting the bike most times. At the beginning it occured quite rare, but later on during about half a year it came more and more frequent. The error was stored as an oilsensor failure (I think is was error 7). At last I replaced the oilpressure sensor and yes, the service warning didn't occur again untill now.
Replacing can be done by removing the left exaustpipe, though your fingers have to be somewhat flexible. But it can be done.
I used a stich-ring wrench for it. Trying to reach the oilpressure sensor by removing the tank, airfilter etc. wan't succesfull and took a lot of time. So try the exhaustpipe-solution first.

Breva1200, sounds like you're having the same problem as me with the oil sensor switch. In my case, I had no problems when the motor was cold, but after going about 10 miles or more, the problem would resurface when trying to restart with the engine hot. Everytime (5-6 times, I lost count) replacing the sensor cured the problem for a while. What I believe is happening is the sensor develops a rough spot in it's mechanism when hot, preventing it from closing the contact when the pressure is removed. It could be felt with a removed sensor after reheating it in the oven.

But why they are failing is beyond me, and why only on one out of twelve Guzzis that I own? The last time I replaced the sensor, I made sure it was the genuine part number for the Breva, just in case there is something else that I don't understand. I initially thought the only difference between the Carc and earlier model types is the type of connector, but as the genuine one is still lasting there may be something more.

And I agree with your method of getting to and replacing the sensor. I got the whole operation down to around 40 minutes, including removing and replacing the fuel tank so as to manipulate the breather hoses.

Hello anyone,
My service-warning most times occurred when I started my Breva. As a rule the warning disappeared when I stopped the engine and started again. When not, I had to drive for a minute or so, then stop the engine and start again.
The appearing error was (DSB) 07; Oil sensor fault. I've been driving with the new sensor for about 8 weeks and until now there are no warnings showing up. :D

I myself, have no faults. There are none noted on the bike either. :lol: This is what I find odd, a service lamp with no recorded faults. Could still be a sensor though.

Cat City Rider said:
I myself, have no faults. There are none noted on the bike either. :lol: This is what I find odd, a service lamp with no recorded faults. Could still be a sensor though.

I too have this problem on my '08 1200 Sport.

Back