• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What do you think of this fairing idea?

BCRider

Just got it firing!
I'm looking at options for a fairing for my new V7 Cafe. Since I can't seem to find one that I like which will work with the stock bar height I did up this shape idea for a frame mounted half fairing. What do you folks think of it?

Fairing3.jpg

I also did up a first idea based on using a steering mounted Yami RZ350 quarter fairing from Airtech. It's not bad but I don't like it as much as the frame mounted one above.

V7withRZfairing.jpg

Another vote for the first. Nice Photoshop skills.

I vote for the 1st one too.
Always liked that sort of fairing, I had something similar on a BMW R100S, pretty effective too.

Thanks for the links and info icenian. And to the rest for the compliments on the shape. As for for my Gimp editor skills I'm very much learning as I go. Note how rough looking the shading is on the Yami fairing? That was only my second ever attempt at coloring. When I did my third on the original shape doodle I learned to use the smudge tool to blend the colours a not more smoothly. Gimp is a superb tool that is free. Highly recomended even though it's got so many tools and tricks that the learning curve is steep.

The first pic is my own doodle that blends what I hope is a lot of the look of the old Duc 750SS fairing with the higher position of the bars on the new Cafe. The old Lemans looks great but I just can't ride the required low clipon position for that long anymore without crying out for mercy. The first doodle represents a shape that I like the looks of. The plan would be to keep it quite narrow so as not to mess up the nice narrow look of the bike. So no big flaring to the side to fair in the hand grips or things of that sort. And regular mirrors are right out. She'll be getting proper bar end mirrors of some form as soon as I decide on which I like the best.

Series4, I believe that the R90 fairing was a front mounted quarter fairing. I'm more in tune with the idea of a frame mounted option even though it means I'd have to also fabricate a support that mounts to the head of the frame.

Back