• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

fun in the fog in central california

jamileh

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
This wasn't a long trek, but it was a very enjoyable ride on a little gem of a goatroad, 20 mins from the house..... I didn't see one single vehicle in the 20 miles of Drum Valley Rd - maybe not surprising, considering the conditions, but I was nice and toasty with my Gerbings plugged in. I think the RC was having fun, too.....

drumvalleyinfog014.jpg

drumvalleyinfog020.jpg

drumvalleyinfog025.jpg

drumvalleyinfog028.jpg

drumvalleyinfog032.jpg

drumvalleyinfog035.jpg

icon_duim.gif

Nice, nice, nice.

I hope you can string two solid days of these roads together for when I come to visit you soon.

Bill Hagan said:
I was cared of deer just looking at those photos! :woohoo:

Seriously, gorgeous pix. Thanks for posting.

Bill

The deer are holed up at the local Starbucks sipping espresso... ;-)

Michael

cmgies said:
Bill Hagan said:
I was cared of deer just looking at those photos! :woohoo:

Seriously, gorgeous pix. Thanks for posting.

Bill

The deer are holed up at the local Starbucks sipping espresso... ;-)

Michael

Uhm ... I meant "scared," not "cared." I look forward to hearing that deer are on the Endangered Species List. Speaking of dead meat, if Kathi sees this post of mine about loathing Bambi, she'll punish me! :whistle:

As for Starbucks, I am so geography-challenged about California. Need to google-map this area, as I know virtually zero about it and it sure looks boondocky. Hard to find Starbucks in Georgia outside of metro Atlanta (where there make "ubiquitous" seem insufficient descriptor) or at major slab exits.

Bill

Thanks, all.
Todd, I can put together 2 straight days of superb riding around here, in the winter, in my sleep!!! Seriously, this part of CA is a real sleeper slice of riding heaven. Visalia being about 4 miles to the west of the foothills of the Sierra Nevada, and therefore, maybe 20-25 miles west, as the crow flies, from the nearest summit, it's riding nervana (haha....). And without all the traffic of a major metropolitan center. Even at your speed, could probably fill up a week pretty easily, without riding the same roads twice. (3 weeks at my speed....) Looking forward to getting you up here ASAP. You'd have to bring the Husky AND some guzzis for maximum enjoyment!!
Anyone who's ever passing thru or visiting, always happy to share riding/route info. I guarantee satisfaction!!!
Ride on, all!!

Uh-oh, pressure's on!!! I shoulda known you'd be paying attention, Keith!!! Maybe I'd better go do some more recon, darnit....
How's your foot, Keith? Are you back riding? I'm more than willing to ride you around 2-up on the NAR, if you're not riding yet, but come over in a cage.... LOL.

Hi,
I have to say that what a combination it is, a pleasant weather and a wonderful bike.
Thanks for posting the pics and make us know about your activity.

Well, the 2008 tour I rode out there, from Hamilton, Ontario, we couldn't get through the Passes, out to the coast due to the wildfires.

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... I_5183.mp4

So, even though we wanted to do the BIG SUR, we couldn't get there. We got out to the Pacific just around Eureka.
And it was incredibly COLD & foggy.

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... eanweb.mp4

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... G_5085.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm10 ... G_5192.jpg

However, we found a nice Motel, A great restaurant / brewery, and a brilliant farmers market type shop, in Eureka.
The cold & fog carried on, halfway through Oregon, but by the time we got to our mates place, in Seattle, the weather had got better.
Hint : The Sheepskin was marginaly better than the raw seat, but after that 9649 mile trip, we dumped it, in favor of Butt Buffer Gel pads, much better :D
Take Care Out There.

Back