• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

WILD "GOOSE" CHASE

foggy95

Tuned and Synch'ed
Having seen the various on line pictures and reading much about the Griso SE, I decided I must see one of these magnificant machines in person. The green with white stripes also reminded me of my since departed Centauro Sport, also green with white stripes. The 4v Daytona engine (8v in Griso speak) in that bike was a peach.

Glancing through the on line Cycle Trader, I find a dealer not too far away (Princeton NJ, about 85 miles from me), with listings for a number of bikes in stock, including the Griso SE. So, with nothing better to do with still 16 inches of snow on the ground, I plot my course on my GPS and head for NJ.

When the GPS announces my destination is on my right, I look around and see nothing but car dealerships, particularly a Chrysler/Jeep dealership to my immediate right. It's called Bakers, and the Guzzi dealership was called Bakers Cycles. This must be it. So I park my car and walk inside, seeing nothing but Jeeps and SUVs. As the nicely dressed salesman glides up to me, I say "Where do you hide the Guzzis?"

"Oh, we got rid of those", says he. Sounded like good riddence too.

Curiosity and great disappontment made me ask why. Seems they couldn't sell any. Or at least enough to make it worthwhile. Seems a trend that car dealers think for some reason they can sell Moto Guzzis, anyone else notice that?

So that's how I spent most of Saturday. Still need to see a Griso SE "in the flesh"...I am thinking that may be my next bike. Anyone know of a dealership anywhere near Southeast Pennsylvania that may have one? Also, when the SE was first released, I saw somewhere that production would be limited to 200 units. Can I assume that is no longer a true statement, since it seems to be in the new bike linup as a 'regular' model.
Thanks all who have beared with me! (I won't try to save this as a draft -that's another story!)

Maybe too far for you, but I spotted one on Motorcycle Malls web site. They're in Belleville N.J.
LOTS of eye candy in stock and the staff were really decent when I stopped in last.

In Milwaukee, we have a "high end" used Italian sport car dealership that carries Vespa and MG now since about 2007. They don't sell many, but at least they're sticking with being a dealer.
Last December, a local large car dealership just bought bought Milwaukee's only BMW motorcycle dealership .They are also opening a new Triumph dealership as well. That should be open in a few weeks.
This car dealership has been wanting to get into the motorcycle business for a while now. Seems like a really bad time economically. At least they have deep pockets, but who knows how this will all turn out?

foggy95 said:
Also, when the SE was first released, I saw somewhere that production would be limited to 200 units.

I heard the same just three weeks ago from my local dealer...

Bought my '09 8V at the Motorcycle Mall in Belleville, they had a few 8V's in stock. Huge inventory there of all bikes, good possibility they may have an SE. Call em up and ask, Giovanni was the most help on the floor there and sold me my ride. And if it was a long trip for you, take a right out the doors of the store and walk to the corner and eat at La Sicilia, you won't be disappointed.

SlickT said:
Bought my '09 8V at the Motorcycle Mall in Belleville, they had a few 8V's in stock. Huge inventory there of all bikes, good possibility they may have an SE. Call em up and ask, Giovanni was the most help on the floor there and sold me my ride. And if it was a long trip for you, take a right out the doors of the store and walk to the corner and eat at La Sicilia, you won't be disappointed.

Made the trek up to Motorcycle Mall yesterday. About 2 hour drive each way. I guess I should have called them first, cause they have no Griso on the floor. They did have 2 V7's (Classic & Cafe), a Stelvio, a California, and a 750 Breva.
What an unlikely place for a motorcycle store, the roads and traffic around there are horrendous! Maybe I'm just used to rural Pennsylvania, but I can't imagine owning a motorcycle if I lived in that environment.

Anyway, it got me out of the house for a day, my GPS worked great as it led me right to their front door.

I've learned not to trust anything on Cycle Trader as far as accuracy, as they are still running ads for Baker Cycles (who haven't carried any bikes for a couple of months), and dealers that do have an active business, probably don't have what is shown in the listings. So, my quest to see an SE in person continues.......

Interesting. I have a deposit on an incoming one from the dealer (sort of) close to me and he told me the earliest they'd see the SE, is perhaps mid February. I'm surprised any dealer has them listed as in stock on the showroom floor.

* update*

Now being told the end of March/beginning of April.

:lol:

I wasn't aware the SE's were available yet. When they are, I'm guessing Fast by Ferracci in Willow Grove will have one. I bought my 2010 Griso 8V from them. Give them a call and talk to Jim in Sales before you head over to make sure they have what you are looking for.

Looking back at the ads on 'Cycle Trader', I guess I jumped the gun a bit and took for granted that because the SE is listed by 6 different dealers, I assumed they were in stock. Looking at the individual ads closely, they are all using promotional photos in the ads, and nowhere does is it state that any are actually available for delivery right now.

I'm not too sure if I would go with the SE - for that type of bike, the wire wheels look out of place to me, I really prefer the Marchesini wheels, and even the 'wavy' rotors. I'll wait to see one in the flesh before I decide, not going anywhere on a bike around here for awhile with all this snow and ice.

Charlie - your bike looks absolutely stunning in red! I'll bet the boys at Hannums were drooling... (I bought my last HD from them a couple years back - don't still have it, traded it for a new Bonneville plus $$$). Maybe I'll pop on over to FBF one day this week and see what's up.

I did get some approving comments from the guys at Hannum's. They had no idea what I was riding.

FBF ordered my Griso for me. Took a couple of weeks to get but well worth the wait.

Good luck.

Back