• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Owner To-Be

Year of Manufacture “A” denotes 2010

vin_code_for_web.jpg

Phang

Guys -

The information you've provided has been great. I'm relieved to find out that my bike is listed as having had the recall performed.

Now I'm wondering, is there an easy way to determine if the new fuel map (#68?) has been flashed? I suppose a dealer could scan it, but is there a way that an owner can tell? Also, would the VDST available from the site be able to run this check? Based on my understanding thus far, the VDST would be required to check and reset the TPS.

Right? Lots of learning to do!

- Matt

Todd will confirm but I think that VDSTS will show you what map itteration is installed. Both Axone and Navigator will. If I can, when Phang's ECU arrives I'll try and get some pics of Navigator's screen while I'm re-mapping it and I'll try and point out the various functions etc.

Pete

Matt-
I had my Griso 1100 for about 3 years-just sold it a few months ago (bought a V7C). If you have ANY questions about this bike, feel free to contact me anytime. 11moto11@gmail.com I'm also in Milwaukee (south side).
As for any recalls, Reina can run the VIN for you as well. Ignazio at Reina is a very talented mechanic (used to build race cars in the 70's), but if it was me, I would have Jim at Rosefarm Classics in Woodstock, IL go thru the bike. He's been doing Guzzi's for over 20 years and knows them inside and out. He got my G11 running way better than Reina ever could, and he's only 90 minutes away. He will let you hang out in the shop while he's working on it.
Ken

This has all been great information. I read Pete's Dyno Report last night, too, which was great.

I'm in the process of learning more about my bike and making a checklist for when I get it. I was wondering if, through the magic of the recall database, there was a way to find out which dealer actually did the recall?

I've read so much on this forum about making sure you have a good dealer to do set-up that I'd like to find out who's had their hands on the bike!

- Matt

sohcfour,

I can confirm that VDSTS does indeed display the current fuel map (it's just that it seems to be in a nomenclature that a little different than whats talked about here).

Welcome sohcfour,

I too am awaiting a new Griso. Should be here around the end of march. Maybe I'll see you around at the Iron Horse Hotel's Italian bike nights.

Congrats.

I really appreciate everyone's input. I've spent a lot of hours reading posts on the board. I think I've made my way back to page 13? Halfway there! I'm headed out for the full Lake Michigan Circle Tour tomorrow to pick up the bike.

While it's loaded in my friend's van, I've decided to take it directly to Rosefarm Classics to give it a once over. I'll feel better knowing that someone knowledgeable has laid eyes on the bike, and it should be ready for the season. The forum has given me a laundry list of things to ask them about!

- Matt

Jim's reputation is second to none and Rosefarm is one of the few shops in the US I would happily entrust a bike of mine to based on reputation alone. Peace of mind is worth a few extra dollars.

Pete

Well I retrieved the bike yesterday. Given it's location in Michigan, I logged almost 1,000mi driving from Milwaukee all the way around Lake Michigan to pick it up. Quite a long day.

Picking it up was a real event. The seller, b.c.cycle on eBay and a man named Larry in real life, was fantastic. I'd love to know his full story, but he is slowly selling his collection of over 40 motorcycles. There were bikes I've never seen and may never see again, including a Desmosedici and many Bimota. Literally dozens of Ducati from bevel drives through 1098. He had some great stories to tell about buying and selling these bikes, and was a nice guy to spend some time talking with.

I had to laugh after loading up the bike. I'd bought the most expensive motorcycle I've ever owned, and it was the cheapest of his collection. Furthermore, the night my Griso spent tied down in the van last night was probably the first time it had known cold! Sadly, my garage will prove to be a much less luxurious home for this bike.

On the upside, I certainly plan to be an appreciative owner and will give it a lot more attention than Larry!

Case in point, it's got an appointment for new cams (and a new ECM map) at Rosefarm tomorrow.

- Matt

sohcfour said:
it's got an appointment for new cams (and a new ECM map) at Rosefarm tomorrow.

- Matt

new cams? what kind of cams?

get some pics up when you get a chance!

congrats on the Griso!

Oh that sounded much more exciting than it is. I meant the cam recall!

No pics yet as it's still stuck in a van while we get 12-17in of snow. Had to cancel my Rosefarm appointment on account of Snowpocolypse or whatever they're calling it. I'd be a lot happier knowing it was sitting in Jim's shop, but I'm not taking my borrowed cargo van down to IL today.

- Matt

Ah, I figured you meant the cam recall.. well at least you're getting yours taken care of during winter. I had to have mine done in July '10, being without my Griso for 10 days during riding season was agonizing!!

Matt,

Congratulations on your latest obsession. You will not be disappointed. It will be pushing 80 degrees here in the next day or two, and I'm still commuting 42 miles daily to and from work on the Griso! Best wishes for a melt in your neck of the woods.

Rick

Doesn't look like it's going to melt any month now. 3" of pure ice out today in NJ, only thing to do is surf the Guzzi forum and look at my battery sitting warm in the house with me. Best of luck with the bike, unfortunately the Spring you can't wait for is going to be the farthest away of em all!

Back