• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Rays stelvio is up for sale on ebay

Yep, that was mine. He's even using my photos to sell it. It looks like he's put a couple K miles on it since he got it. I wonder why he's selling? That's a mighty fine bike for sure!

I wouldn't have known, but someone sent me an email asking about it.

Ray's stelvio didn't sell
price got to $9950 but didn't reach reserve
his buy now price was $12500

I exchanged email with the owner again today. It seems the bike is still for sale. You can probably find it relisted on ebay again this weekend.

It really is a nice bike. And I had put a ton of $$$ into farkles before selling. Someone could get a great bike at a great price. The only reason I sold it is I finally admitted to myself I'm a BMW snob, and I wasn't going to fight it any longer.

Hi Ray-

I'm the new proud owner of your previous beast. I'm working through the delivery process to the East Coast, which is turning out to be more expensive than I thought....my planned fly-n-ride is a no go due to work.
I've been lusting after the Stelvio since it was announced but the fuel range was the hold-back, but it seems you solved that problem in a most professional way. The 2011's are out of range for me at the moment, so this find was very timely. Anything I should be aware of?

Ted

Wallman said:
Hi Ray-

I'm the new proud owner of your previous beast. I'm working through the delivery process to the East Coast, which is turning out to be more expensive than I thought....my planned fly-n-ride is a no go due to work.
I've been lusting after the Stelvio since it was announced but the fuel range was the hold-back, but it seems you solved that problem in a most professional way. The 2011's are out of range for me at the moment, so this find was very timely. Anything I should be aware of?

Ted

Congratulations on your purchase, Ted. The Stelvio is an awesome machine. I am sure you will love it!

Bruce

Congratulations Ted!

Assuming the bike is in similar condition as when I sold it, you should have an excellent experience. I had a LOT of money into it, with just about every farkle imaginable. And I really tried to use top quality stuff.

There were two things I was paying attention to when I sold it. They may be worked out already. Or simply became non-issues.

1) I had a bit of hesitation/surge around 2500-3500 rpm. Just before I sold it, I changed the fuel mixture using the PCV/AT in that range to richen it up. It seemed to be fixed, but again, I never really had enough time with the bike after that to know for sure it was cured. Part of the fun in owning that bike equipped as such is being able to tune it to your liking.

2) The gas cap I used for the aux tank had a one-way vent (intake). I didn't plumb it for an exhaust vent. I was thinking about using a cap with a two-way vent to prevent the tank from expanding due to the vapors in the heat/sun. That tank is pretty well built, so I don't know if it would be an issue or not. But it might be something to consider.

I look forward to hearing your opinions of the bike once it arrives. It should be good for some great fun and adventures!

Ray

P.S. I've used Keyboard motorcycle shipping to transport bikes in the past. They aren't necessarily the fastest, but their system has always delivered my bikes safe and sound.

Thanks for your reply, Ray. Keyboard is the shipper I am currently negotiating with.

I appreciate the heads-up on where you left off. It doesn't appear much has changed with the bike since it left you other than fluid changes Its always a pleasure to be in good Guzzista company.

Open Q for anyone: Did you ever take the bike on less than paved roads and experience any less than stellar suspension experiences?

Ted

Wallman said:
Open Q for anyone: Did you ever take the bike on less than paved roads and experience any less than stellar suspension experiences?
Congrats Ted, and welcome to the Forum. You're going to love it. If you have any PC-V/AT questions, I'm your guy.
As to your question above, even moderate off-roading will make the plastic (faux or metal) skid plate act as a plow. My Stelvio now wears a YSS shock, and the problem has gone away. I offer a few different options and price point(s).
Ping me direct if you need more info, or see above is this category for posts.
Again, welcome to the famiglia!

Todd,

Thanks for the welcome. I will take the time to read through the manual first, and then chirp if I need some clarification. I bought a PCIII from you for my CalVin a while back, and that produced one sweet ride! Alas, she will be up for sale when the Stelvio arrives. As much as I am looking forward to the Stelvio, I am equally NOT looking forward to losing the CalVin. She's just right.

Ted

Back