• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Custom Griso Seat....

AAAltered468

Tuned and Synch'ed
I know that this was kicked around a long time ago here, with some photoshops of ideas.

Has anyone done a custom seat on their Griso? I am thinking about lowering mine to better suit my 5'6" frame. Sargent does nice custom work I know but it would be cool to see some pics of what others have done.

Thanks
Ed

Yea, I am still trying to get my money back from them after I ordered a part from them. I first sent an e-mail to confirm the part was the same as was pictured on their web page then when they confirmed it was I ordered it. Then what arrived at my house was something different and I have been trying to get my money back ever since. They don't seem to think of customer service the same way I do. I have no idea how good their seats are, but if there is a problem with what they sent you.... Best of luck.

I had my stock 8V seat done over(Sorry no digital camera)by Sargent & I have a replacement seat on my Aprilia Tuono from them. Their seats great! You will be happy with them. They are fast & if you don't like what they make they will redo it for you until you are happy.
I was happy with my stock seat height & width. They redid the seat with Atomic Cell foam(Their product)for the rider & passenger & put a new cover on. Top grade vinyl with a leather grain finish. A slightly different shape but the same height & width. And it is comfortable!! With all the work done it came out to $229 shipped! Looks factory. Ask for Joel & he will talk you through the order.

Don, stop teasing us. We need a picture of that seat!

I have seen Sgts work and it looks good. I want my G12 firmer, taller and flatter but I don't want to spoil the lines. your seat would be a valuable reference.

Cell phone camera?

Polaroid?

Police sketch artist?

Throw me a bone here.

DW

I will do the best I can Saturday. I have a digital camera now(Give some time I'm 62 after all)!!! I just have to figure how to post it now!!

Update: I contacted Sargents early this week. I got a fast reply:

'Yes we have done the Moto Guzzi Griso seats in the past, but we do not have any photos of
what was done.
The average cost to lower and reshape with a new cover would be around $350.00 and our
current turnaround time is 3 weeks"

Sure would love to see pictures of what others before me have done.

Ed

I had my seat done by http://www.rickmayercycle.com/ last year and have been very happy with it.
There isn't a lot of room to lower the seat since the seat pan is molded to fit around the air box below but he did lower and narrow the front a bit.

Attachments

• Moto510-GrisoSeat1.jpg
    Moto510-GrisoSeat1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,227
  • Moto510-GrisoSeat2.jpg
    Moto510-GrisoSeat2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 2,210
  • Moto510-GrisoSeat3.jpg
    Moto510-GrisoSeat3.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 2,212
I had my stock seat re-cut, shaped and covered in leather and it came out very nice. An 1/12" to 2 " removed and its great. It leans toward a cafe style. I'll try to post a few pictures. Done locally by a shop that has done other seats cars and bikes for me and do very collectable bikes and cars. ~T~

Welcome to the forum T, I am in the Guzzi minority because I want all my seats taller. Please post pics when you have them.

It was almost 60 degrees in NYC today. I was in the driveway this evening fitting my newly painted sheet metal to the '75 Eldo.

If I ride to work tomorrow it will be on the G12 tho...

DW

DucDucGoose said:
I had my stock seat re-cut, shaped and covered in leather and it came out very nice. An 1/12" to 2 " removed and its great. It leans toward a cafe style. I'll try to post a few pictures. Done locally by a shop that has done other seats cars and bikes for me and do very collectable bikes and cars. ~T~

I was going to say that with all due respect you guys must be built like jockeys, the last thing I want is anything shaved off the seat.

As things stand I'm running with the lowered Buell pegs and for big mile days I'm clipping on a gel pad and Airhawk on the top. I run with some puff in the air hawk for the autoroute sections and deflate for the twisties for proper 'feel' through the seat.

Actually, The seat, as every thing else on all the bikes I've owned since the 70's are modified to suit myself. Seats come too soft and thick, (stock), for me. As I age there is compromise between the look I like, and the comfort. Function comes first of coarse. There are foams and gel foams with different density. I still ride a 47 Indian Chief, and rode Choppers, (up till a few years back, when they returned with fat tires) and Cafe bikes for years. So at 56 I'm not a jockey, but it's all a matter of reference when it comes to comfort, performance, and handling. I also contoured/cut the back of the seat off where it overhangs the rear. It looks like an after thought made to accommodate a passenger. It just hangs up over the rear section too much for my taste. My wife also rides all my bikes so I don't ride passengers, they all seem to be solo/mono's. ~T~

Back