• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Guzzi Rider in So Cal

DerekSolomon

Just got it firing!
Hey,

I recently purchased a 2003 Le Mans, and had Todd go through it and put some fresh Dunlops on it. I went up to Newcomb's Ranch on Sunday morning, and was greeted by some friendly Moto Guzzi owners who also happened to mention this list.

I just wanted to say "hi" and also thanks a lot for the nice comments on my new bike. I like it a lot! I look forward to meeting up with members on this list and going on group rides in the future. Here's to a great riding season in 2011!

-Derek

Salut Derek, and welcome to the Famiglia.

You certainly have a pristine LM, congrats, and I was happy to be of help with the service and tires to get it running right. Look forward to be of help again in the near future when you are ready to get it sounding and fueling correct.

Welcome to the Forum, and see you on the road... and post often!

Enjoy the LM!

Welcome to the crowd. This your first Guzzi? Where abouts in the area do you live? Look here for people posting going out for a ride, and post yourself when going somewhere-or anywhere- & looking for company. No doubt will see you out & about at some point.

Hey Guzzibob,

Yes, this is my first Guzzi. I've owned 2 Ducatis: a 1992 900SS and a 2002 998. I've also owned 2 NSR's and a couple of Japanese sportbikes. Amusingly, my last bike was a V-Star, which I used as a daily commuter and just sold at 30,000 miles to fund the purchase of the Moto Guzzi.

I do like this bike. It's long, kinda heavy, and has that strange torque sensation (rotate right when hard on the throttle and then rotate left when chopping the throttle...). It's just full of character, and exactly what I was looking for when I was searching for my next bike. The choices where a newer Triumph or an older Harley or BMW. I'm really glad I found this Guzzi!

I live in Valencia and usually ride the Santa Monica mountains or the Crest area. I'm up for meeting some new riders and learning more about this wonderful marque.

-Derek

Hi Derek,
I'm one of the persons that talked to you as you were heading out. your bike is super clean, as you get more time on the Guzzi you will alter your riding a bit and it will get much better. I bought my first Guzzi in 1983 and have had at least one Guzzi since then...and no regrets! I hope you enjoy your Guzzi as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Hey Richard!

Alright, thanks for posting! Yeah, I'm looking forward to putting more miles on the bike and getting to know it better. Great to hear that you have been riding Guzzis forever. With the rain this week I don't think I'm going to try to head up Angeles tomorrow morning, but if the sun is out I might try to run it to the Rock Store. I hope to see you again soon. Take care.

-Derek

Back