• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Saddlebags (panniers) leaking

It finally happened. Moto Guzzi sent me new seals that actually fit. I have not ridden with them in the rain so I cannot vouch for the water tightness but I can say they close tighter and I can hear it suck air when I open them. They are made completely different. The new part number is 883246. I'll make 2 posts here to show the difference in the pictures. This first is showing the profile difference. The new style is on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_4767.JPG
    IMG_4767.JPG
    1,014.9 KB · Views: 984
Here is a picture of the seal installed. You can see the new double seal.

Attachments

• IMG_4769.JPG
    IMG_4769.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 982
My panniers also leak so I contacted my dealers for the new seals (mentioned in previous post), £68 each!!!! Are they having a laugh? So I went to Stein-Dinse, an online German dealers for all Guzzi and Ducati parts, 15 euro's each and 15 Euros P&P and currency exchange, total 45 euro’s, still a lot but if they do the job I’ll be happy. So they are on order I’ll let you know if they stop the leaking.

Why are they more than 4 times the price here in the UK. I believe it's the importers of Guzzi that set the price for the dealers, if they carry on like this they will put the dealers out of business. Greedy B*****d’s.

The new seals arrived today from Stein-Dinse for my Breva panniers, they took just 2 weeks to arrive, thats fantastic service compared to my local dealers.

It took me 20 minuets to fit them and I gave them a light coating of silicon greese before fitting to ease opening and closing and just like "abbienormal's" panniers they suck and wooosssh as you open and close the case's. So much so that I've had to leave a small gap where the seal meets at the bottom of the case's for the air to escape so the pammiers can be closed fully.

I'm off on a 2500 mile trip around Europe in 2 weeks and will let you all know how the seals perform when I get back, it's bound to rain, maybe I'll be lucky this time and it will be sunshine for the whole trip.

Now that you have replaced the seals, sunshine will be guarantied. However that being said, if you have not washed the bike don't do so. If you have the misfortune of washing, waxing and super cleaning it. Disaster awaits. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Results?

My new Norge bags (1200 sport) leak when ya wash them at least, not when riding in light rain so far..

I was pretty suprised to see that the paint on these is poor as well, 5500kms on my bike, and the bags have many spots where the paint has chipped off already, black paint... white primer underneath too...

I washed mine with the new seals and they did not leak, though I still dribbled water in when I opened them to check. It used to be I could pour water out after a washing. I have not ridden in the rain yet though I am sure I will in the next month or so.
The paint on mine has been very good, 2007 red. The seat height on these is a little tall for me and when my pants are sticking to my legs from sweat on a hot summer day and I have the bike parked wrong I have dragged my boot across the top of the bags and no marks so far.

Cat City Rider said:
Now that you have replaced the seals, sunshine will be guarantied. However that being said, if you have not washed the bike don't do so. If you have the misfortune of washing, waxing and super cleaning it. Disaster awaits. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I took your advice and didn't wash the bike, and guess what, we had no rain for 10 days. It was blue skies and 30 to 35 degrees every day. After the Church of Bones we headed back through Austria and rode the Grossglockner pass both ways. 2700 miles in total, the Guzzi was faultless and averaged 53mpg and used 1/4 litre of oil. I'll have to report at a later date on the pannier seals.

Attachments

• IMG_0050b.JPG
    IMG_0050b.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 764
abbienormal said:
It finally happened. Moto Guzzi sent me new seals that actually fit. I have not ridden with them in the rain so I cannot vouch for the water tightness but I can say they close tighter and I can hear it suck air when I open them. They are made completely different. The new part number is 883246. I'll make 2 posts here to show the difference in the pictures. This first is showing the profile difference. The new style is on the right.

I wonder if anyone is selling these in the States yet?

Can anyone ID the panniers on this bike?

dscf2111b.jpg

dscf2115e.jpg

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/1891449339.html
They don't look like anything on Hepco&Becker site.
Also note the highway pegs- first time I see them on Breva.

They certainly look like Hepco & Becker to me.

IMHO, far superior to the Aprilia Futura ones that are sold for the CARC models. I have the 30 litre H&B on my Breva and 1200 Sport and wouldn't deliberately buy the Aprilia ones again.

I took a 15 day/5,155 mile trip on the Norge from Ohio up through Newfoundland and only rode about 8 hours in rain. However I am happy to report the new seals did not leak in that minor test. That already proves them far superior to original seals.

Rudy

greg said:
abbienormal said:

I wonder if anyone is selling these in the States yet?

Yep. Already confirmed by abbienormal in subsequent posts. In addition per call today to my friendly local Guzzi dealer, part number as per above, $13.20 per side, in stock at MGNA & at the dealer's doorstep 1 week post order. Way, way cheaper than as reported in Europe for some reason. Not that I ride much in the rain here in SoCal, but at that price cheap enough to get for the yearly long trip, often to rainier climes.

Ok, got the new seals in just about a week, the pair for $28.97 inc sales tax, as promised. Took 5 minutes a side to pull out old & install new. As reported by others, bags now suck & woosh on opening/closing, which they didn't do before. I then went & pushed edges together the last 1/16" or so on the front side (the side without the extra clasp)-& they stayed that way. Not gonna rain any time soon in sunny SoCal, but I'm pretty confident that next time I get caught in a rainstorm, probably on a trip far from home, a much better chance things will stay dry-or at least a lot dryer than they might have before. Certainly cheap & easy enough to give it a try.

I got a set of these recently from Todd (thanks man, pleasure doing business with you!).
I installed them the other day, and since we're still in the deep freeze I haven't had a chance to try them out yet... but I gotta say it's like vacuum sealed when you go to open the side case! I think they will be the hot ticket.

Back