• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

mickyvee_2010

Tuned and Synch'ed
:D Hello from the UK! Late last year I sold my boring 1050 Tiger, and got myself a one owner, 2000 dry miles, pristine 2008 1200 Griso, in stunning Moon White. My 5th Guzzi. I've tried others, but I always seem to come back. Unfortunately, before I got any miles in, I had to go into hospital to have a total shoulder replacement. I am still recovering! Hopefully, July should see me out and about. I am a member of the MGCGB, and often post on their forum. I hope to be a regular here, as well! I've got plenty of spare time on my hands! Cheers, Mick.

Welcome Mick! Bummer on the shoulder injury, it wasn't bike related, correct? Heal up fast, and get going on that Guzzi. Be sure to add your 8V to the Registry Tab at the top... if you have any questions/problems, reach me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Post often, look forward to your contributions.

Unfortunately, the shoulder was very badly damaged in a bike versus car interface which happened over 21 years ago. I have only now reached the required age where a prosthetic replacement is possible. Very painful, and slow to heal. Doc says I could be riding by July, if physio goes to plan. Fingers crossed! :S

Hmm... I am currently on a Triumph but thinking hard about a Guzzi. (Todd will tell you this is not a new idea.) Welcome and heal up well for June!

I've had a few Hinckley Triumph's and feel that the latest models may as well be Japanese. Stop thinking about getting a Guzzi. Go and get one! Life is much too short to prevaricate over such an important decision!

I haven't had a chance to ride my g11 yet, as it's still in California (lack of communication between seller and shipper) so I can't comment on a comparison between guzzis and triumphs, but I have ridden Triumphs, and I think it's unfair to clump them together with the cookie-cutter Japanese bikes. The one's I've tried are not the uber-fast yet soul-less 'engineering in practice' machines that Japanese bikes have become. The Thruxton is a wonderful ride, both visually and viscerally stimulating with a sound that excites. The Speed and Street Triple are both crazy fun to ride with much more stimulating soundtracks than an inline-4, and better attention to build detail; and the Rocket Roadster is leagues beyond any Japanese roadster/cruiser.

:D I meant to say that the latest Triumph's (and I've had a few) were so smooth, and so easy to ride, and, to me anyway, so devoid of character, that they may as well have had Honda on the tank. Just my opinion. When you get your Griso, you will experience real, genuine character!

I rode an 03 Triumph Sprint up until last year . I took the opportunity to take a test ride on a 2010 Griso 8V at the rally in Oregon last summer. Guess what ?..............hook line and sinker, had to have one . I managed to get a new 09 and absolutely love it. Can't wait for better weather. The Triumph is a great ride , fast in the corners and goobs of mid range torque but like has already been said...........not the character the Guzzi has. Something about these Italian machines that gets in your blood. Hope you heal fast to experience the best ride ever and welcome to this forum.

Ciao, Steve

Well you can take the following whichever way you like, but to put it into context I only use the 'large' bike I have on the fleet for long distance high speed touring ...

Personally I'd say that 'character' in a machine can be over rated. I had an early Bandit 12 that I ended up hanging on to for eight years. You can't get much more ordinary than that but when you're three or four hundred miles from home and it's lashing down with rain you can sit back and she'll get you there.

Swapped that out for a Speed Triple whilst I was waiting for a yellow G11 to appear on the second hand market. Once I'd got used to the lack of grunt on the Triumph and that you had to wring its neck a little I found it immense fun. And it was in that fabulous green colour they did.

Now on the Griso it feels a little pedestrian even when bouncing off the rev limiter. Character? Yeah, I'm never sure what foible its going to foist upon me next.

;) I've had 4 big Guzzi's. None of them ever left me stuck at the side of the road. Perhaps I've been lucky! Back in '97, I foolishly traded my MkV LeMans for a new, expensive, (£8300) Triumph 900 Sprint. I ran it in, and had it serviced. On the way to catch a ferry to France, the top hose sprung a leak, and I had to stop, in a cloud of steam. The RAC got me to a dealer, who very kindly took a hose off a new bike in the showroom, and got me on my way in time to (just) catch my sailing. All bikes are man made mechanical devices. A 10 year old Guzzi, or a 10 minute old Honda.........anything can happen! Ride safe!

Back