• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New guzzi owner

The Mad Hatta!

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hey everyone, I just bought my first Guzzi, an 07 griso 1100. I'm currently impatiently waiting for it to be delivered from Cali. I don't know if the previous owner was on here, but this is the bike:

07_griso_01.jpg

It looks like this is the Guzzitech exhaust, is that correct? And what about that midpipe?

07_griso_05.jpg

the bike has around 15k miles, which I'm hoping is still just breaking in for these bikes (as opposed to, just about to fall apart). I'm working on a few ideas in my mind to make this thing even more unique, and I've spent hours looking through people's recommendations on this website about what should be done to these to make them all they can be (handling and such).

Congrats and welcome to the Famiglia! Where is its new home?

Yes, that looks to be the former J. Price Griso, and the mid-pipe and muffler are from us, yes. I can put you in touch with the former owner if he doesn't chime in here. Ping me direct to do so.

Again, welcome, and post often.

Thanks for the welcome! The new home is Greenville, NC. The shipping company should be picking it up from ProItalia this week sometime, so I should have it the week after. Here are a few ideas I had.. just quickly messing around in PS:

07_griso_01modifiedcopy.jpg

07_griso_01modified2.jpg

The Mad Hatta! said:

Interesting look, the airbox is located underneath the seat, the toolbox location is under the seat. Also, the plastic tail on the griso protects the rider from anything the tire might spit up; water, mud, etc...

I'll be putting on a tire hugger for sure if I go that route with the design, and I might have to build/reshape the airbox.. I won't know until the bike is delivered and I can rip it apart!

I figured the SE seat would be pricey, so I'll just reupholster the factory seat with leather. I only put that one up there for a visual.

Hi, TMH.

I am the previous owner of your new bike.

It's a little after 9pm on Sunday as I type this, and PI has not yet notified me of the sale!

But, no worries. And congratulations on your new bike.

I am certain that you will truly love this bike as I do. BTW, all of the handling mods to the suspension are already done. I weigh a tad north of 200 lbs with all my gear on, and the bike handles really great, and rides extremely well on the freeways. If your weight is very much different, you might need to change the preloads a bit, but damping-wise, you should be good to go.

I have all of the stock exhaust items that I took off if you would like to have them.

Pay for the shipping, and they are yours.

Talk more soon.

Ride safe and WEAR YOUR GEAR!

-Jack

Well I (finally) received my griso yesterday, and had to jump start it with my car. So far I love it! It sounds great with Todd's left-side GTRx exhaust and midpipe, and rides very smooth. I rode it to a monthly bike night (which serendipidously happened to be last night) at a local restaurant and had some people eying it inquisitively. I've already installed ASV shorty levers, a Pyramid fender extender, I disconnected the battery and cleaned up the terminal corrosion and applied some corrosion inhibitor we use at the mazda shop, removed the windscreen and mirrors (I'm putting some lower, slimmer mirrors on it) and have started looking at what else I might want to do with the bike. Definitely some new blinkers, cause the one's up there look way too cruiser-ish. I took a look at removing the tail section, and there's nothing that will cause me trouble besides some of the lower bar of the subframe, which I can cut off and weld up an angled piece in it's place so it will not show like the factory one would. That's something I will be mocking up in the near future to see if I like it without a tail. I'll build an LED tail light for it if that's the route I take. I'll post up pics as things take shape.

>>cleaned up the terminal corrosion

I did that at least three or four times while I owned this bike.

I could never get the corrosion to stop completely.

Keep us posted on how your Mazda corrosion inhibitor works out.

Be sure to post lots of pics of your planned mods to the bike as well.

Ride safe, and WEAR YOUR GEAR!!

Oh, and I hope you guys weren't affected by the NC tornadoes we read about in the news.

-Jack

I downloaded the ducatidiag software and bought the two cables on ebay ($10 and $6) and it works great. tons of info on there, could definitely be useful for diagnostics and troubleshooting, and there is a tps reset and service light reset function, among others. The cables I bought said they aren't compatible with Windows vista, but I used them successfully on a laptop with XP and a laptop with vista.

Just messaged the guy to get my license to unlock the full version now.

profwacko said:
Oh, and I hope you guys weren't affected by the NC tornadoes we read about in the news.

-Jack

Thanks Jack, Greenville was very lucky, as we did not get hit directly by any of the tornadoes. Nearly all the towns around us received pretty severe damage. That storm was VERY unusual for NC, we had more tornadoes in one day than NC usually gets in a year.

talking to her with DucatiDiag

Changed the oil with agip 10w60 synthetic and a bosch 3400 filter. the extra length of the 3400 makes it just long enough to get the edge of a filter wrench on it (thanks for that tip Jack). Also decided to check/adjust the valves. Had to adjust intake/exhaust on the right and exhaust on the left. Such an easy job! I still can't get enough of that sound as I run through the gears with a handful of throttle.. it's like a mechanical bear.. with wild cams! :twisted: Kudos again Todd! I noticed the spark plugs were showing signs of a lean condition though, so I'll be ordering one of your o2 optimizers very soon.

some pics while using the ducatidiag software.

DSC06881.jpg

DSC06880.jpg

DSC06878.jpg

Hi, I think you don't have the latest mapping that Guzzi advises, it should be 2229GRS1103
I think. Visit a dealer t get the newer map on it.

I haven't posted on here in awhile.. school has kept me mighty busy. Here are some updated pics and info..

I made my own license plate brackets out of about $4 of strap aluminum (this was quite awhile ago, but I never added pics on this thread), mounted it sideways to the rear caliper bolts, and ran the wiring for the license lights under the swingarm so it is still legal. I stripped/painted both pieces of the instrument cluster pod a smooth satin black; scuffed/painted the headlight bucket satin black and scuffed the chrome ring around the front of the headlight, then gave it a brushed look with some 400 grit sandpaper and clear-coated over it. Since it was actual chrome (nickel and chromium mixed with steel), the end result has a VERY beautiful brushed nickel color. I think this look fits the look and demeanor of the bike perfectly. I also scuffed/painted all the turn signals satin black. I removed the windscreen and packed it away to bring back out when I plan longer, multi-day trips on the bike. I removed the mirrors and replaced them with just one (for now) rizoma mirror. I added one of Todd's little air/fuel adjustment devices to give it a little more fuel to compensate for improved breathing caused by the exhaust and higher-flow air filter. The thing runs like a top. Most recently, I had to replace the handlebar and bar ends, because the bike was tipped over in a parking space (not by me). The handlebar received a slight bend, the right bar end was damaged, and there were a few small scrapes on random parts, like the rear turn signal, bottom corner of the oil cooler housing, brake reservoir cap (touched the vertical edge of the curb that bordered the parking space), and the black plastic spark plug cover.

Some pics, I put these license bracket pics on the griso pic thread awhile back, but never put them here:
mylicensebracketgriso.jpg

mylicensebracketgriso2.jpg

brushedheadlightringgriso2.jpg

brushedheadlightringgriso.jpg

Here is how it stands today.. please ignore the gopro suction cup mount infiltrating the pictures.. and ignore the pollen ALL OVER the bike (consider yourself lucky if you've never had to experience the tall pines of the south-eastern US during spring).. that's what landed on it after I got home from work today!

_DSC0299.jpg

_DSC0300.jpg

_DSC0304.jpg

_DSC0306.jpg

_DSC0308.jpg

~Kristopher

Looking sweet. Wish I had the guts (more acurately, the knowledge) to dive in the way you have. Keep the posts and pics coming.

Kristopher,

I sure enjoy following what you've done to your beautiful Griso. Welcome and please continue to post your changes.

All the best,

Mark

wow love the license plate holder.. damn I want to do that and see if that fits with the right side exhaust...

Looks great! Love all the changes you've made. I thought about copying your license plate mount, but am planning on putting on a CARC guard instead.

The aluminum strapping can be had at Lowe's for a few dollars, for those interested in copying the design, then (after you cut, drill and bend) it just bolts on with the caliper bolts.

kmac, if you're talking about the carc protector found on mgcycle.com, that should look pretty good too. I'm not sure if I've seen any others.

Back