• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Canadian Moto guzzi dealer in Toronto

BravoBravo said:
FrostBittenCanadian said:
See the next thread down the list,and it is confirmed...they're out. By order of the Canadian branch of the Bavarian mothership I'm told, by employees of BMW Toronto themselves. C'est la vie.
FBC

Hmm, deja vu all over again! Seems like the only constant in the world of Guzzi is change. I wondered from the get-go how BMW would feel about sharing the sandbox at one of their premier dealerships. Guess that question has been answered! :(

Bruce

well... can't have BMW final drives blowing up (and Guzzi CARC's running fine)

:p

BMW has always been a brand of pride. Also, it is always good if we see people showing who they really are and not showing off a different face far off from the real one. Products and services are also great when they really show what they are and when they serve their real purpose for being and existence.

As consumers, we feel that it is our right to know the products in their truest from and that allows us the freedom to choose which one fits our needs and wants.

The same is true with motorcycle equipment and apparel. Some products tell the truth while others lie. Some products live true to its form while others don’t.

Over the years, one company has been surviving in the business in its true form. If it claims of quality and comfort in their products, it’s actually what their products give. Tourmaster has been doing for over 25 years now – manufacturing quality and comfortable apparel to suit the needs of the bikers for comfort, style and safety. Tourmaster provides the necessary apparel and equipment you need as you ride.
Doing the same thing for almost 40 years now is Gaerne, makers of the most famous Gaerne boots. Gaerne has been supplying the world market with stylish, comfortable, safe and breathable boots for the utmost protection of the riders’ feet, legs and ankles. Gaerne has long been satisfying the riders with quality boots at the most reasonable prices.

So then, the need for quality Motorcycle boots is not a problem for riders since Gaerne gives what they need and Gaerne boots are just perfect in the way they are made.

There is now a big reason to for bikers to feel relaxed because they have companies that support them and supply them with the apparel, equipments and boots that they would most need to continue enjoying their rides, and to feel happy about riding the way they are supposed to.

faastmoto said:
BMW has always been a brand of pride.
You should see the state of my Guzzi as returned to me by BMW Toronto, What a joke,It has crossed my mind to take legal action. It was presented to me with wd-40 soaked front and rear brakes and corrosion from asshole to breakfast.I imagine that after it had been left outside corroding they sprayed it down with wd-40 to try and prevent further damage,and I was supposed to ride it away with no F@!#*&^ brakes. Pride, don't make me laugh, scumbag thieving criminals. $588.00 to change eng. final drive and trans. oils. After letting my bike rot for 4 months while thewy figured out how to read Piaggios website. Big huge, flagship BMW dealer That picked up Guzzi cause they wanted to sell scooters to yuppie twats! Oh yeah I almost forgot, they knocked it over and replaced the parts that were damaged...except for the really expensive one!
FBC

faastmoto said:
BMW has always been a brand of pride.
You should see the state of my Guzzi as returned to me by BMW Toronto, What a joke,It has crossed my mind to take legal action. It was presented to me with wd-40 soaked front and rear brakes and corrosion from asshole to breakfast.I imagine that after it had been left outside corroding they sprayed it down with wd-40 to try and prevent further damage,and I was supposed to ride it away with no F@!#*&^ brakes. Pride, don't make me laugh, scumbag thieving criminals. $588.00 to change eng. final drive and trans. oils. After letting my bike rot for 4 months while thewy figured out how to read Piaggios website. Big huge, flagship BMW dealer That picked up Guzzi cause they wanted to sell scooters to yuppie twats! Oh yeah I almost forgot, they knocked it over and replaced the parts that were damaged...except for the really expensive one!
FBC

Holy shit, Batman! Sounds like these guys gave you a real rogering! Small Claims court is relatively inexpensive. I would certainly look at that option if I were in your shoes. They left your Stelvio OUTSIDE during the winter? Almost $600.00 for an oil change? Then to add insult to injury, they dropped it? WTF!!! :eek: :x I would be homicidal! Damn!

Keep us all posted on what happens next, would you?

Best regards,

Bruce

Na! I can't F%$#n believe it ...... saw the pic from the rusted oil cooling line.
(If you have pics of the bike before servicing it would help)
They should have the responsability to give the bike back in the condition that it was brought in!!

OUTSIDE during the winter months?
$600.00 for an oil change?

I'm with Bruce .... if not small court , Piaggio has to be informed concerning their incompetence.

:angry: Piaggio has been informed with lots of pictures, we'll see what that gets. Tomorrow a trip back to BMW to find someone higher up, as who I talked with when getting the bike back did nothing they said they would. Imagine my surprise.Rode the bike for 50 km on the day I picked it up Mechanically nothing wrong, except for wd-40 soaked brakes. Then the r/h forktube cracked. I cannot win, currently there are no dealers here! check this gem out!!! It has been a very difficult and exhausting couple of years owning my bike. Sabotaged by incompetence every time it has HAD to go near a dealer.

Attachments

• IMG_0745.JPG
    IMG_0745.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 1,339
To conclude my tale on this thread. Bmw Tor. supplied me with a replacement set of brake pads,and the r/h side footpeg bracket. After about 28 hrs. of labour my bike looks alright again. I must say thanks to Tim at BMW Tor. for being an honourable man and trying to make this right.The money I spent for service was refunded and I recieved a helmet and a set of gloves for my troubles.
fbc

To conclude my tale on this thread. Bmw Tor. supplied me with a replacement set of brake pads,and the r/h side footpeg bracket. After about 28 hrs. of labour my bike looks alright again. I must say thanks to Tim at BMW Tor. for being an honourable man and trying to make this right.The money I spent for service was refunded and I recieved a helmet and a set of gloves for my troubles.
fbc

Well, I am glad to hear that this latest difficulty has been more or less resolved. I really hope you can now enjoy your Stelvio for the rest of this glorious riding season! :D

Bruce

There you go ..... you must be a happy camper.
I hope it was a "System 6" with Gore-tex gloves for all this trouble ...... ;)

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share with you my experience a couple of months back (Nov 12) with the BMW Dealer (AKA BMW Stealer) in Ajax. Took my 04 BMW there for an oil change (engine and tranny) and an ECU reset....$700.
Went to pick up the bike at 5.45 after work. No one on Service Reception. Only person in the area was a squitty little overdressed young giri who looked like she had just come from a nightclub. Trying very hard to justify her position of 'Head Of Nothing', she gave me a look as if I was a dog turd on her stiletto. I guess she assumed that as I was in my jeans and leather jacket I was simply below the poverty line. She took my payment, grunted, then slid the paperwork across with the remark "it's there" as she pointed to my bike. What a clever cow. Fact is I've owned five 3 series BMW's, a Corvette (23 years - sama car, plus a Porsche, plus lots of (13) bikes , including my current bike, an R1100S. Little did she know (and no, I had no need to tell her)...
But that one experience has totally put me off the brand. That's why I'm looking at a 2013 V7 Racer. George, down at Corsa Meccanica, on Steeles, sealed my appeal for the MG brand. Smart, enthusiastic and honest, he has sold me on having confidence in the Dealer to jump on a V7 with no regrets. BMW is currently for sale on Kijiji and as soon as it's gone, down I go to see George.
Goes to show how one bad experience can ruin a brand perception. Too bad BMW - but I'm done. :evil:

Pem said:
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to share with you my experience a couple of months back (Nov 12) with the BMW Dealer (AKA BMW Stealer) in Ajax. Took my 04 BMW there for an oil change (engine and tranny) and an ECU reset....$700.
Went to pick up the bike at 5.45 after work. No one on Service Reception. Only person in the area was a squitty little overdressed young giri who looked like she had just come from a nightclub. Trying very hard to justify her position of 'Head Of Nothing', she gave me a look as if I was a dog turd on her stiletto. I guess she assumed that as I was in my jeans and leather jacket I was simply below the poverty line. She took my payment, grunted, then slid the paperwork across with the remark "it's there" as she pointed to my bike. What a clever cow. Fact is I've owned five 3 series BMW's, a Corvette (23 years - sama car, plus a Porsche, plus lots of (13) bikes , including my current bike, an R1100S. Little did she know (and no, I had no need to tell her)...
But that one experience has totally put me off the brand. That's why I'm looking at a 2013 V7 Racer. George, down at Corsa Meccanica, on Steeles, sealed my appeal for the MG brand. Smart, enthusiastic and honest, he has sold me on having confidence in the Dealer to jump on a V7 with no regrets. BMW is currently for sale on Kijiji and as soon as it's gone, down I go to see George.
Goes to show how one bad experience can ruin a brand perception. Too bad BMW - but I'm done. :evil:

You will not regret dealing with George and the other folks at Corsa Meccanica. First class outfit, top to bottom, and they know their product!

Bruce

Back