• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Glove pocket and cold start

powerflex

Just got it firing!
Hiya

For some strange reason (long story) I have two Stelvios (Stelvii?)

Both are early models in fact one was the second registered in UK, so I have had all of the problems.

The second one is slightly newer and new to me and it has two problems.

The glove box does not open. No noise, nothing. It cannot be the fuse because the feed for this powers loads of stuff and it all works. There is a relay on the wiring diagram but I cannot work out which one it is.

On the working bike none of the relays inside the right hand fairing click when the box is opened.

Any clues chaps?

Second issue is a really poor start. It is like a faulty engine temp sensor but it is such a s*d to get to I haven't swapped them yet.

Bike will start but runs badly until warm, then it is fine.

It is like the bike is too rich and when cold if I don't keep it reving and it stalls I have to pull an injector off quickly to clear it and get it running again.

I guess the next thing is to check it's resistance at the ECU but that isn't easy either!

Would be grateful for any tests or ideas.

If one is good, two must be better. :huh:

On the glove-box, my cable slipped out of the plastic release, but it doesn't sound like the problem you are having. The wiring diagram is found on this site.

On the running, do you have VDST yet? This would clear a lot of questions, like what is the TPS set at? It would also show any problematic errors. Contact me direct if you are interested.

On the glove box try cleaning the switch contacts on the bar pod( whatever you want to call it) mine did the same thing and this cured it, box would open again.
FBC

I'm pretty sure the glovebox relay is under the seat (of all places) on the right hand side.

For the cold start issue, I would do a valve adjust and throttle body sync with TPS reset before doing anything else.
It could even be those goofing spark plug caps arcing.

We've had a similar problem on the glove box.

The fault was the wire connecting the opening mechanism to the switch was not connected, its an easy mistake as you have to disconnect the wire to do anything with the tank eg like removing the tank so I guess people just forget to reconnect it. We had this problem from new.

The wire isn't easy to see the wire so to check you have to take the cover of the tank to check this - this is reasonably straightforward provided you can undo the four nuts that hold on the fuel filler - the problem here is that it's easy for these to be overtightened and then they just turn round without undoing and so it becomes more of job to remove - but not impossible.

Turtleman

Back