• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Could be buying a Breva 1200 Sport very soon.

montelatici

Just got it firing!
I am an old road racer (quit racing Yamaha Grand Prix type 2-strokes in vintage about 3 years ago) have owned many big Japanese sport bikes over the past 30 years for just riding and the last one, a ZX9R was just getting too uncomfortable. Over all that time I have owned (and still own and ride) a 75 Norton Commando, great bike but given its age but I don't trust it too far home, plus it is caffe'd out with clip-ons and rear sets, so the comfort is worse than Japanese sports bikes.

I've looked at BMW, Triumph, Aprilia, Ducati standards, "adventure" and touring bikes and I have to say between price point and attractiveness to me, I am thinking about a Breva 1200 Sport that is still under warranty until Feb. 2012. The current owner has added side hard luggage (Pelican) with a very nice custom mounting system, a higher wind screen (looks to be 18-20 inch), adjustable handle bar risers, a center stand, lowered pegs and Stucchi cylinder protectors.

I have questions:

1. Is the 2 valve per cylinder 1200 that much of a dog compared to the 4V?
2. Is getting for under 7K reasonable (with the luggage etc.).
3. Are enough parts common with other models so that this being a discontinued model is not that big of a problem.
4. For anyone that owns one, any particular negatives I should know about.

Thanks,

Fred

Every one I know that has one likes it. That's about all I can say. I have a Norge, and it's an entertaining engine, like all Guzzis. Powerful enough, and torquey.
Don't see how you could go wrong..

With a Guzzi, the only parts that may become rare would be model specific body parts. The power train is identical to several other models. I wouldn't be to concerned about hard parts becoming "unobtanium". You can still buy factory parts for a 1969 V700. It isn't a Japanese bike and everything is changed in less than a year.

best bike ever as allrounder! said not because I own it, but own it because it is that great.
what it is not the best for:
very long and very quick non-stop travelling
long unpaved roads, or poor pavement (but enough clearance for light offroad or rough terrain, comperable with Susuki V-strom. of coarse concerned standard wheel travel difference)

it is not the best in almost every specific use, if compared to specialized bikes, but the mix is just GREAT!

I had to pay ~18 000 USD to own a used-one with 11K km here in Ukraine, could have a new BMW r1200r or many other options (MT-01, harleys, all the different stuff), but riding it for a second season now, and done only some 4000 km on it, I can tell you: if it disappeared today, I'd buy the same one. and I would not change it over a brand new Ducati Diavel... or ANY other new bike.
:)

great bike! must have!
will be a long-keeper for me definitely. everything IMHO.

My '06 Breva 1100 (not Sport) bought used just over a year ago is my first Guzzi. I love the looks, the air cooled, shaft drive, sports touring design - I wanted something similar to the brilliant Diversion 900 that I had and buying German would have been an awful thing to have to revert to :D

I've put Stelvio mirrors and hand guards on, Guzzi Heated Grips (with Grip Puppies), hugger, front "fenda extenda", pazzo levers and engine bars. I've removed the catalyst, removed the airbox snorkle, added aftermarket pipe and K&N filter. Minor tweaks to make it more comfortable, even more suited to touring and make it sound and go like it should.

It's all that I expected and more and I haven't looked back. Taking it to the Alps last year made me realise why they are designed the way they are. It just came alive and made all others look out of water in that environment and more so, it was an extremely comfortable way of getting there.

Use the add ons as an excuse to take it "home" once you've got it home ;)

Well, thanks, I have had my doubts about the bike's performance removed. The apparently rapid depreciation in the US had me concerned that it had some intrinsic problems (I don't care about the money as I tend to keep bikes a long time).

Anyway I have my bid in and I will know if I win it tomorrow. Oh, it has about 10,000 Km. Not a lot for a Guzzi I would think.

I guess 7,000 USD is not off the mark with the options, i.e. hard side luggage, adjustable bar riser, engine guards, center stand, and power 2 outlets

Back