• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Need to lower footpegs on a Norge. Any info ?

bsahdmg

Just got it firing!
Hello fellow riders,
I am new to the forum and looking for some info on replacing the stock footpegs on my 2007 Norge. I had seen a 2007 Norge with MFW footpegs mounted on it on e-bay so I know there's a set that will fit it. However the MFW web site doesn't list a set for this bike. I would not be surprised if a set made for another bike would fit. Does anyone have any information that could help ? Thanks, bsahdmg

Re: footpegs

I have some aluminum foot pegs that I made on my lathe. I don't use them, went back to the stock pegs. If your interested send me a email at lotus23bsr at yahoo dot com and I will send you some pictures. If you want them you can have them for just the cost of shipping.
Sorry, but when I first posted my reply to this thread I didn't read the topic well enough. the pegs I have made are not lower
Gerry

bsahdmg said:
Hello fellow riders,
I am new to the forum and looking for some info on replacing the stock footpegs on my 2007 Norge. I had seen a 2007 Norge with MFW footpegs mounted on it on e-bay so I know there's a set that will fit it. However the MFW web site doesn't list a set for this bike. I would not be surprised if a set made for another bike would fit. Does anyone have any information that could help ? Thanks, bsahdmg

The foot pegs are an Aprilla part number. See if MFW lists pegs for Aprillas.

john zibell said:
bsahdmg said:
Hello fellow riders,

John,
Thanks for the info. Twisted Throttle has them listed on their web site. Thanks.
Howard

john zibell said:
bsahdmg said:
Hello fellow riders,

Hello John,
Thanks for the info. MFW does have two listing for Aprilla. Both are for rear pegs. Twisted Throttle has them on their
web site. I e-mailed them to see if they knew which one's might fit but they weren't any help. I think I will remove one of mine and measure it and get back in touch with them or MFW and see if we can match them up with the dimensions. Thanks again. Howard

The front pegs are spring loaded to the down position. The rear pegs have detentes for position (up or down). The good thing is, the rear pegs can be mounted to the front, you just cant use the spring to keep them down. Download the parts manual for your bike and see if they can cross reference from the Aprilla number. Probability is low, but worth a shot.

There's a link about fitting lower pegs to 1200 Sports from Buell sourced bits for about £35, complete with part numbers and instructions on the 1200 Sport Forum here;

http://www.1200sport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=177

I've done this to my 1200 Breva which I presume has the same footrests as the Norge, and it pushes them down and back, the only 'issue' is that my left heel catches the centre stand tang sometimes, but otherwise I've found them a lot better than standard, which used to give me some nasty cramping in the thigh.....

Good Luck

I should have mentioned an alternative to lowering the pegs that gets the same effect with additional benefit if you legs are long enough. Try raising the seat. That will open up the knee and hip joint. Also since the stock seat is marginal (foam too soft) a denser foam adding a couple inches to the seat works well for seating position and comfort. Sargent in the US is adept at that. It was my solution to an uncomfortable 1100 Breva.

Brian, I have the Goldwing pegs on my Norge. they lower your feet about 3/4 inch. The left peg rides on the side stand when it is retracted, other than that they are wider so you have a little wiggle room. I like them.

Back