• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 1100 Fuel Maps

Dah-Dit

Tuned and Synch'ed
I've been searching the forums and web for info as regards maps. I've done as much as I can afford to do tweaking the Breva - Cat and snorkel removed, added new baffleless end can, K&N filter and Todd's O2 Optimiser is winging it's way across the Atlantic.

Next would be an updated MG fuel map, TB balance and TPS reset at a dealer - but is there a newer one available for the B11? Going into Diagnostics > Update on the dashboard menu, it returns ASPB0016. Is that a relevant map code?
After all that's done, I'll build a manometer and keep on top of the TB's myself.

Is there a more suitable map for my bike? I understand that there is a "003" MG map for the Griso that is more suited to a free-er breathing system, would that be relevant for the Breva?

Confused from Beverley. :(

Sorry, that link leads to V7 tank removal :shock:

Yep, I'm aware of the reflash, PC and Autotune options Todd offers, but I can't spread to that. Latest and most suitable MG map from a dealer with Todd's 02 Optimiser is as far as I can go.... I understand there might be a later map to the one I have, more suited to the less restrictive system?

I thought the details might be found here somewhere - I used the search option with as many parameters I could think of, but still got nothing. Thanks though.

Rgds,

Neil

Offhand I can't tell you what the last map upgrade code was and to check it I have to plug Navigator into a bike. Also my Navigator has gone belly-skywards so at the moment I'm 'Donald Ducked'.

I do know there were a couple of B11 updates. From memory neither of them made an astonishing difference but I haven't had a B11 in for a while so my memories are hardly fresh!

Pete

Cheers Pete.

I guess it's a case of if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm not getting any popping on the overrun and the bike does run much better than it was stock. I'll knock up a manometer myself and have a go at balancing the TB's. Before I got hold of it, the bike had a comprehensive service history from a reliable Guzzi dealer, so I'm waging that the TPS has been done. :roll:

Seeing as none of the updates make a big difference, I won't be in a rush I think. Next service coming up in a thousand miles or so....I'll give the TB's a go then. Weather's too good to do anything but ride atm :D

If you make any adjustment to the TBs when you check the sync the TPS will need to be reset. Do you have VDSTS?

john zibell said:
If you make any adjustment to the TBs when you check the sync the TPS will need to be reset. Do you have VDSTS?

Thanks John, but I'm a bit confused by that. Why should a mechanical imbalance of throttle vacuums affect the position & electronic setting value of the TPS? Is the TPS mounted in a position where it's essentially adjusted as you balance the TB's? I guess so. Sorry for my ignorance on the matter and thanks for putting me right. I'll have to have a closer look to understand it myself.

No, I don't have a VDSTS as yet - sounds like I'll have to leave it all to the dealer then. :blush:

kiwi dave said:
john zibell said:

This returned the page on how to remove a V7 fuel tank for me too.

Do you have the real link to the latest map updates list John? I would be keen to view it. I tried searching on "updated maps" and even just "maps" but the search function didn't function very well.

My original post is corrected for the maps.

Dah-Dit said:
john zibell said:

Thanks John, but I'm a bit confused by that. Why should a mechanical imbalance of throttle vacuums affect the position & electronic setting value of the TPS? Is the TPS mounted in a position where it's essentially adjusted as you balance the TB's? I guess so. Sorry for my ignorance on the matter and thanks for putting me right. I'll have to have a closer look to understand it myself.

No, I don't have a VDSTS as yet - sounds like I'll have to leave it all to the dealer then. :blush:

The TPS is on the right TB and is not mechanicaslly adjustable. When you move the adjusting screw for the left/right TB linkage, the right TB is moved in relation to the left TB. Since the left TB throttle stop is never moved, the idle position of the right is impacted by doing the linkage adjustment. So yes, the sync moves the TPS in relation to the actual throttle stop on the LH TB. So if you make any adjustments, the TPS must be reset electronically which is why you need VDSTS or the factory software.

+1. John, you are a Gentleman and a scholar :)

This Guzzi Luddite now understands, coming from inferior UJM's and being used to balancing carbs with vacuum gauges, I did wonder....

Thanks.

Neil

Did you see the post on putting the B12 map on the B11. https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/188/5353.html
Results seem inconsistent which is hardly surprising given that different folks have different symptoms or severities that they are looking to cure, and of course we all mess about with the original bike ( I've removed the snorkel and fitted a K&N and also swap between the original and aftermarket exhaust when I make each other changes to check whether running is better with one exhaust than the other..

Todds Optimizer arrived today so I'm going to fit it over the weekend and take it from there .. I'll post results

Art
B1100

Thanks Art,

I've gone the same way as you and have a similar setup. Just got back from a short break away and Todd's Optimizer was sitting on the doorstep. Busy unpacking etc. so I too will be fitting it this weekend. :)

I thought that if I ever changed bike it'd swap over to the new one.... but it probably won't work on the new series of 2011 Stelvios/Norges.... :D

Dah-Dit said:
Thanks Art,

I've gone the same way as you and have a similar setup. Just got back from a short break away and Todd's Optimizer was sitting on the doorstep. Busy unpacking etc. so I too will be fitting it this weekend. :)

I thought that if I ever changed bike it'd swap over to the new one.... but it probably won't work on the new series of 2011 Stelvios/Norges.... :D

Neil

I've just posted my Optimizer findings .. https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/160/59 ... 167#p49167 , I'll be interesting in yours ..

Art

Back