• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

suspension tension

robfran

Tuned and Synch'ed
I managed to get to 9,000k before committing to new tires and went for the Michelin Pilot road 3's. We'll see what we get out of the dual compound but I also got the suspension adjusted to my weight at the same time.
I cannot believe the difference it made across the whole bike. Much more stable but especially under brakes. I came home the long way and could hardly stop riding. A whole new level of enjoyment.

Original - Front Pre-load 5 Rings Rebound 2 Turns out Compression 1/4 turn out
Rear SAG 15mm Rebound 14 clicks Compression 1 1/2 turns
Adjusted - Front Pre-load 3 Rings Rebound 2 Turns out Compression 0
Rear SAG 30mm Rebound 18 clicks Compression 3/4 turns
He also reckons I should change to 7.5w oil

It was the best $60 I've spent

If you don't mind me asking... how heavy are you?
A lot of riders could benefit from other riders experience if we can match what someone of "similar mass" has already done.
( I am somewhat "robust" and adjustments for a 165# rider are not too good for my riding :lol: )

I have to throw my tuppence worth in here...

I took my '10 Griso se to Southern Cross mc's in north London for the sole purpose of suspension advice and set up, and it turned a stiff, unwieldy wheelbarrow into a motorbike.

Quick history - I chose Don at Southern Cross as I had an Aprilia Tuono a few years back, and Don was racing RSVs ( and sometimes winning ) as well as servicing + tuning Aprilias, and he's an honest, hard working and knowledgeable mechanic. He's also a Kiwi but we'll let that go... (sic).

Every bike has variations in set up, and we are all different weights, shapes, heights and riding styles, and I personally believe that setting up or maximising the potential of your own bikes suspension is one of the top two or three things you should do to make the most of your investment.

Get it done and get into the potential of these great bikes.

Right, that's enough from me...

YBFAST said:
If you don't mind me asking... how heavy are you?
A lot of riders could benefit from other riders experience if we can match what someone of "similar mass" has already done.
( I am somewhat "robust" and adjustments for a 165# rider are not too good for my riding :lol: )

Geared up 68kg. more after tea. oh and those Michelin pilots are the bomb. Chicken strips already down to 1/2 an inch :twisted:

Hi,
knucklemoto said:
Get it done and get into the potential of these great bikes.
"Knucklemoto", what are your suspension settings now?
And what is your weight?

Here are mine:
Front:
Sag 35 mm (3 rings out)
Compression 1,5 turn out
Rebound 1,75 turn out
Fork position 4 stripes above triple tree (standard setting)

Rear:
Sag 45 mm
Compression 1,5 turn out
Rebound 25 clicks

I'm 170 cm above sea level.
My weight is 72 kg (a tiny bit too much, but another hobby of mine is good Belgium beer... :mrgreen: ).
I'm still trying some other settings (suggestions?).
And I'm planning to visit a former long distance racedriver who has a company in tuning (engine and suspension).

Ad B

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a 2007 Griso yesterday!
And I'm interested in your suspension settings.

At 77 kg, I've typically been able to use default OEM settings for motorcycles in the U.S.
But I can already tell that the shock preload is too much as-is.

Thanks for any advice you can share.

Beaufort

Great news. just the info I've been lookin for as I'm pretty much the same weight as you (64kg in the shower). I'm still on factory settings as I've wimped out from altering anything so far.
Ian (London)

Back