• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Guzzi - They Did It Again!!!

Chicago Mark

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Many years ago when I first saw pictures of the Centauro, I knew right away I had to have one as I thought they were stunningly beautiful as well as beastly powerful. Several years later and I did have one. A perfect 1998 British Racing Green Centauro Sport that I absolutely loved. In fact, I've missed that motorcycle ever since I sold it a few years ago.

Around 1998 I saw a picture of the Bassa. Same thing in that I loved it at first glance and worked my way to finally having one. Actually I had two. I wrecked my black 1999 Bassa and replaced it with a 2000 Bassa in stunning blue/silver. Man, did I ever love that motorcycle. It did become a garage queen once I added the Centauro to the garage though.

Third time was with the Griso. Oh boy, Guzzi really made, IMHO, a fitting replacement for the Centauro that I loved. Then a couple of years later they added the new 8v engine to boot. It's taken me a few years of trying and today, I brought home my beautiful 2009 Griso 8v. But I was wrong, the Griso 8v isn't a 'replacement' for the Centauro, it's a new kind of beast all around. There's not a 'light switch' in the throttle that comes alive at 5500rpm. This engine is silky smooth and extremely powerful throughout the rev range. I only have 60 miles on it so red light blinks with authority at anything over 6300rpm. That's OK for now, it's more fun than you can imagine getting there anyway.

At no time did I ever have a test ride these 3 bikes. Not needed, I simply knew they'd be right.

Thank you Moto Guzzi, and thank you Jim Barron at Rose Farm Classics for making this latest purchase so awesome!!

Forza Moto Guzzi,

Mark

pure class that griso 12 ,lucky enough to have had some good test rides on them . Like you i knew as soon as i seen griso 11 but to double check i did a 280 miles test ride .Enjoy the bike :)

:D I've had 4 big block Guzzi's. My new 8v Griso is by far the best one yet. It surpasses all the others in every department. I love it!

I think there are a lot former Centauro owners that go for the 8V griso. I was lucky enough to meet up with my ex at the local guzzi dealer so i took a snapshot with my phone of my Griso next to my ex, the Centauro.

Attachments

• IMAG0175.jpg
    IMAG0175.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 845
What an awesome photo! Congratulations on your SE as well as your ex; the Beast.

I'm thinking those beautiful Guzzi spoked SE wheels would look just as awesome on my beautiful white 8v. From what I understand, they're about $2800 a set from your local dealer.

"Really Honey, it's always had (spoked) wheels on it."

Mark

I've had four guzzis: V50, LM2, T3/Cali bitza, G11. Took me a while to get used to both the V50 and the LM. The G11 is the one I've been most consistently disappointed in. Sorry.

Hope your new bike dont turn sour on you like mine did bought it with 8700 miles on it approx 225 mikes later the camshaft fell apart so its in the dealers waiting for parts been there month and a half, now sunny out and nowt to ride :(

siataukreg said:
Hope your new bike dont turn sour on you like mine did bought it with 8700 miles on it approx 225 mikes later the camshaft fell apart so its in the dealers waiting for parts been there month and a half, now sunny out and nowt to ride :(

Was the cam recall done before you got the bike ?

siataukreg said:

I take it this is a 2008 model? Or it falls within the recall range? If so it should of been dealt with before it left the shop. The fact that cams are still failing on 'New' motorcycles is, I'm afraid, no longer a Guzzi/Piaggio problem. Its a dealer issue. Either it is a bike from within the recall range that hasn't had the recall performed or it has been run with an unsuitable lubricant in it.

Pete

PS. I can see I'm repeating myself. I'm sorry you are having a bad experience. I suggest you sell the bike and move on as at this rate you will continue to be disappointed. There is no point in continuing down a track where there is only going to be unhappiness and dis-satisfaction. As I've already said the bike should of had the work performed before sale and since the recall was announced and the new tappets made available I have not heard of a single failure on engines that have been correctly retrofitted with the right parts and which have been running the CORRECT oil as specified.

Back