• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio owners in the north of england

Craig-Stelvio

Just got it firing!
Hi,
Purchased my Stelvio last year (I love the bike) and would be keen to meet up with any other owners in the North of England. I live in North Yorkshire.
Thanks
Craig

I live near to St Helens, a pal of mine has just bought a 2010 NTX he lives nearby and I believe Ian on this forum lives not too far away near Wigan. I know of another bloke who lives near warrington who bought a Stelvio last year. So the (old) south lancashire area is starting to bloom.
If too many of us get together the biking community will think we're taking over from the Ewlie McBormans who now seem to be everywhere on those 'oh so' common GS thingies :)
I suppose a northern Stelvio meet could be possible it's just having a date and location convienient for everyone.

If all you guys are all in the NW I could come over there. If we get some folks appearing from the NE we could meet in the Dales. A meet late May or early June would be good for me. Thanks Craig

Well not had any more posting on this subject so probably time to try and organise something. Good weekend dates for me are 29th May, 5. 19, 26 June. Can anyone make this dates?

Ok 5th June is a North of England Stelvio meet (even if there are just two of us - allcomers welcome). Bry any thoughts on where to meet? Is Weardale a good halfway point? Thanks Craig

Hi Craig, we could as a suggestion, meet up in Stanhope at the road to the old ford crossing ? That would lead to a bimble up to Hartside & Tea/coffee/food and a run on from there, weather permitting of course ! Drop me a PM close to the date as I've got a memory like a seive...

fatal said:
If too many of us get together the biking community will think we're taking over from the Ewlie McBormans who now seem to be everywhere on those 'oh so' common GS thingies :)

I was out cycling this morning around the Quantocks/Taunton (stayed down here this weekend) and the most frequent motor bike I saw......you guessed GSs's...............must have seen about 6 in 2.5 hours

5th maybe do-able for me, but as I work away all week, getting a Sunday out all day to play and then getting back to Somerset is a bit of challenge, plus don't get my bike back till next week (second fix of the oil leak), so will be checking out over the bank holiday.

Any chance the meet could be a bit further south, I'm not too familiar with the yorks dales but what about Hawes? That may make it more possible.

Craig-Stelvio said:
Where do you live Capagman? R u riding up from Somerset?

No I work in Somerset in the week, my home is near south Manchester, near the airport.

Usually commute south in the car, I have a Transalp down here and the Stelvio at home.

OK guys looks like the ride is on. Meet Hawes Sunday 5th June (next Sunday). What is best time 10am? Meet on the High Street? I don't know it that well but I recollect a few cafes on the main high street, west of the one way system. Should look good with three Moto Guzzi Stelvios. Cheers Craig

Bisonheed said:
10 am is too early for me, I'm about 2 hours away (via 'nice' roads), how about 12 ?

I'm about the same, 2 hrs unless I use the M6 :( .

How about we split the difference and go for 11 am (ish)

Anyone else up for this?

Bisonheed said:
OK, 11 (ish) is good for me !

I may make it if I'm not too hung-over which will be a miracle on a Sunday.I'll be heading up through Skipton if I surface.

Cheers Ian

Great we have a plan. 11.00 - 11.30 Hawes next Sunday. My mobile no is 077774945295. If any more folks when to join us then please come along. Thanks. Craig

Back