• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

low fuel countdown/up

grimace

Tuned and Synch'ed
Finally able to get some miles on the griso. Figured out that I wasn't filling tank all the way. But when the low fuel light comes on there is a counter that appears where the odometer number is when the tank is full. What does this count record. I noticed the numbers increase and it isn't mileage even though it has Mi next to the number. Once the numbers reach 100? they restart . I was riding while noticing this so I couldn't just stare at it. Couldn't find anything in the manual about it either. :?:

Sounds to me like you're describing the low fuel warning mileage. With my bike, which is the only one I've had the chance to do this on, 2km after the low fuel light comes on the display starts telling you how many Km you have covered. When you fill up, you ride a few hundred metres the light goes out and the warning goes away and you revert to the Voltage or litres per km reading depending on how you flash the button on the switchblock.

Are you saying yours is doing something different???

Pete

It is where the odometer total mileage usually displays. When the gas icon appears so does the counter. I thought it should measure distance traveled but it did not seem to correlate to the distance I was traveling. Perhaps I 'm mistaken since i couldn't look down while watching the road but I swear it went to 88 than restarted .

Hi,

with my Griso it's really the milage (km in my case...) you are driving with your "low fuel" warning light on.
It wil disappear when you fill up the gastank again.
And you are right, it's on the spot where the total milage appears.
Nothing to worry, just go to the gasstation within 50 km or 35 mls.
I certainly'don't wan't to wait till the number reach 100... :mrgreen:
I think the last 40 (?) km/mls I'm walking with my bike in my hand... :eek: :lol: :sick:

Ad B

:S On my 8v Griso, the display shows a number when the low fuel lamp comes on. This number constantly changes, up and down, seemingly at random. I can't make head nor tail of it. I wish it just had a simple fuel gauge!

just happened to me also on my new(used) stelvio. It's the first tank I have run through it and after the low fuel light came on the numbers popped up and seemed to be randomly increasing or decreasing. Someone must know what that means?

I knew I wasn't crazy! On the way home I did get a low fuel light. It comes on. A few minutes later that counter shows up. I did notice there was a decimal point. And it seems to jump all over for a few miles than gets some sort of reading and settles on a more consistent count. I hope it is miles traveled from light on not miles to go before you're out. Can't pay too much attention to it going 85 though. So far I can make it to the gas station at the end of my highway commute pretty much any time my light comes on after work.

mickyvee_2010 said:
:S On my 8v Griso, the display shows a number when the low fuel lamp comes on. This number constantly changes, up and down, seemingly at random. I can't make head nor tail of it. I wish it just had a simple fuel gauge!
Haven't noticed that on mine..... but
The display is to help calculate distance to empty :?: If your dash is set to read fuel economy instead of distance, does the mpg change as riding conditions do and does the displayed "miles elapsed" warning change correspondingly? If I rode more aggressively when the warning came on, the mileage counter would need to vary to help me accurately gauge how far my max range would be.
I've always assumed that when the count-up timer matched the recorded average mpg, I'd start pushing along the roadside :shock:
(no experience backing up that theory however) ;)

My fuel warning light always comes on & off until the sensor can tell the the tank really is down to 'reserve', so similarly I've always assumed any variation in the 'miles to empty' figure was due to the sensor not being able to cope with the fuel sloshing around in the tank. It had never occured to me it might be taking my riding style/throttle use into account! Are they really that clever?

What ever the case, I don't trust it and ride to my trip read out and start looking to fill up before the light & countdown comes on. A Griso is too heavy to push far even with an empty fuel tank!

Back