• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Anyone in Oz had orders from O/S not arrive ?

magoo

Tuned and Synch'ed
Ordered a Guzzi part from the USA over the net a month ago and assured by the manufacturer that it was sent via US first class post but it still hasn't arrived. I've bought seven or eight items from Harper's and others and they generally arrive 7 to 10 days after posted.

I trust that it was sent but Australia Post can't trace it without a tracking number.

I'm tempted to wear the cost and just reorder but worried that the same may happen again and it wasn't an inexpensive part.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Glenn

Averb, just sent you pm

Pete, $700 Ouch !! Hope you're well down in Bung, brass monkeys are out by now

Yeah regrettably they are the risks, but I haven't had an issue to date. Then I don't order too much from o/seas to date but it is increasing.

Get em to give you the tracking number if they have sent it! fleabay purchases usually post them up on site BUT first class mail is not normally electronically tracked. Registered is as is International Signature some are tracked at various points and others only at end point, ie the signature. You have to read up on the USPS site
to get the level of security you want

Sorry! Thread Hi-Jack!

Kym. Gimme a call. I emailed you a few days ago but got no reply. Got Navigator back so i can ceck your mapping. Also have some ideas about the cold-bloodedness.

Also for parts for newer bikes I can supply probably at least as cheap if not cheaper than anywhere else in Oz.

Pete

Hi newbie here
although an old MG rider. Bike pictured is a 1985 Le mans 1000, I bought it new and am still riding it, although a lot has changed.
OS orders have not had a problem with mainly through http://www.mgcycle.com they are great although postage a little expensive but their prices and products are good.

I ordered a Firstgear Kilimanjaro jacket from Revzilla on 1 august and it arrived today. they emailed me on the day it was posted and 4 days later here it is. I definitely can't complain
Mike

A 14 Kg. box measuring 600cm x 600cm x 600cm (contained set of panniers and racks among other things) from Germany to Oz in 7 days for $40 with tracking every inch of the way was my recent experience with Stein Dinse .
If you're ordering from their website make sure you sign up as a member first - removes taxes !

Lofty

Bought a set of tappet covers privately in USA for $40.
Postage by UPS with tracking # $150, bloody expensive postage.

Left a card in my letter box when I was home, no attempted delivery coz I live in a unit.
But card said they would attempt delivery tomorrow. Bit pointless.
No ph # on card, web has overseas call centre who don't give a shit. Would not tell me ph or location of local depot.
Finally tracked their depot down, had to drive 35k to get my parcel.

I will demand fedex next time.

Back