• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The Rocket Centre Blackburn, Lancashire

fatal

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I have heard that the KJM group (Millenium Motorcycles, Orrell Motorcycles, and Robinsons of Rochdale etc) are no longer doing the Moto Guzzi range. It would seem that the Rocket centre are now the dealers for Lancashire. I'm not even sure that Shorrocks in Preston still have a Moto Guzzi franchise.I called in at the Blackburn shop to have a look, they have a couple of Stelvios on display along with some small block models and a Griso SE. I spoke to the service manager, he seemed a decent enough bloke.
He said the technicians have been on a Moto Guzzi course and they have up to date diagnostic equipment, so I hope they fare better than the aforementioned shops. Has anyone any experience of dealing with the Rocket Centre? I notice it has Suzuki and Aprilia franchises as well.

I know Robinsons are going to Kawasaki, their showroom is being refurbed and has gone green.

I believe that they'll still do MG work but no longer will sell new bikes apart from what they have in stock.

I think you'll find Robinsons is definately part of the KJM empire as is Doug Hacking at Bolton. KJM are really pushing Kawasaki at the moment.

Ian

I got my Stelvio from OMC and they are no longer Guzzi dealers.... Apparently the fall out was with the parent company Piaggio, same as M&S in Newcastle. It would appear they don't like dealers to question their ideas ?

Seems to be a problem with MG, the lack of dealers, I'm in the marrket for a replacement for my old BMM 1150 GS and have tried the Yamaha Super Tenere, new 2011 MG Stelvio NTX and a R1200 GSA. I absolutely loved the Stelvio NTX as it had so much character and was very similar to my old 1150 BUT to get a test ride was a 280 mile round trip to MOTO STRADA in Shipley (2 1/2 hours each way on a good day).

Thing is what if there is a warranty problem or even for something as simple as the 600 mile first service ( 5hours labour) this would mean a minimum of a 10 hour day if they box on with it as soon as I pull up at the door.

As said the bike was very good and had Guzzi started making them to that spec 6 or 7 years ago they would have no doubt put a huge dent in BMW's share of the market, it seems though that no sooner do they get their bikes sorted then they lose a load of dealers. M& S really used to push sales of the Guzzis hard but seem to have fallen out big style with PIAGGIO

Because of the lack of local dealers I will probably end up with another BM (although not from Coopers at Sunderland) which is a shame as I did really like the Guzzi.

neil w said:
Seems to be a problem with MG, the lack of dealers, I'm in the marrket for a replacement for my old BMM 1150 GS and have tried the Yamaha Super Tenere, new 2011 MG Stelvio NTX and a R1200 GSA. I absolutely loved the Stelvio NTX as it had so much character and was very similar to my old 1150 BUT to get a test ride was a 280 mile round trip to MOTO STRADA in Shipley (2 1/2 hours each way on a good day).

Thing is what if there is a warranty problem or even for something as simple as the 600 mile first service ( 5hours labour) this would mean a minimum of a 10 hour day if they box on with it as soon as I pull up at the door.

As said the bike was very good and had Guzzi started making them to that spec 6 or 7 years ago they would have no doubt put a huge dent in BMW's share of the market, it seems though that no sooner do they get their bikes sorted then they lose a load of dealers. M& S really used to push sales of the Guzzis hard but seem to have fallen out big style with PIAGGIO

Because of the lack of local dealers I will probably end up with another BM (although not from Coopers at Sunderland) which is a shame as I did really like the Guzzi.

Neil

I'm just over an hour from Moto Strada - bought my Breva1100 from them as they let me roadtest the Breva and a Griso. Had the 600 service on my Breva there .. I think a big part part of the reason the service takes so long is that it needs to cool off to check the valve clearances .. I went to Salt's Mill a 10 min walk up the canal, great if you like Industrial history and by the time you've kicked around the showroom time's up .. just a thought ...

Oh and mines never had to go back for any warranty work

Art

Trying out a GSA tomorrow and if I can't get along with it I may go for the Guzzi and possibly keep hold of my 1150 as well.
It is that getting to Shipley is such a pain in the a**e, once off the A1 it seems that every bit of road from Harrogate/Wetherby has 40 or 50 limilts, speed cameras and South Yorks must have more bloody sets of traffic lights per mile than anywhere else in the country. On the test ride out towards Skipton I must have passed through (and got stopped ) at more than 40 sets !!!!!!

:D I live slap bang in the middle! 20 miles to Moto Strada one way, and 20 miles to the Rocket centre the other way. I will continue to use Moto Strada because they know Guzzi's inside out, and I've known Jason for donkeys years, when he was the mechanic at Cobb & Jaggers', and he used to service my Le Mans. The Rocket centre doesn't have a great reputation re: servicing. Hopefully, this will get better, what with them sending their boys on a Guzzi course. It's a great place to grab a bargain, though. I snapped up an end of line Arai, with over £150 off!

Back