• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The Good News Thread

guards 1656

Tuned and Synch'ed
Any one reading these forums would think that Stelvio's are a ticking time bomb, i know the idea is to share common problems etc, but to redress the balance, I thought I put down my own experiences of ownership. Have owned the bike 8 months, paid for one dealer service, I haven't had any mechanical problems, no leaks of oil or air. Have done a few 500 mile weekends away on the bike (Yorkshire for 5 days is up next) and have enjoyed owning it, never owned a bike before that so many people want to stop me and talk about it, to the point I now have a set speach.

If you've had a good experience with your Stelvio, here's the place to post it.

(sigh!) Your story is the norm. Unfortunately there are 'Bad' bikes, there are certainly 'Bad' dealers and it would seem there are also some countries/markets that have truly woefull importers and customer service but overall I've found the 'New' bikes bloody fantastic.

Some of the owners are idiots too. I mean??? Why would you ride around with a bloody great exclamation mark and the word 'Service' in big letters on your dashboard and not think something might be amiss? And then when your poor machine eventually succumbed to what should of been a 'Quickie' fix and you start screaming 'Warranty' do you think that some of the service agents might think that, just perhaps, you belong on the 'Special Bus' with the window lickers!?!?!?!

Pete

Generally, I've been just riding. Changing tires. No time to polish spokes or whatever.

I had to go to the garage yesterday to adjust valves on a friends bike and work on my lawn mower. While doing that, I realised that I hadn't been spending much time on the garage at all this past two years. The Stelvio has just needed general maintanence items and little more.

pete roper said:
Why would you ride around with a bloody great exclamation mark and the word 'Service' in big letters on your dashboard and not think something might be amiss? And then when your poor machine eventually succumbed to what should of been a 'Quickie' fix and you start screaming 'Warranty' do you think that some of the service agents might think that, just perhaps, you belong on the 'Special Bus' with the window lickers!?!?!?!

Pete

Years ago, a guy near here started a 400 mile trip on a Lemans with the oil light on. He made it about 80 miles actually before the crank siezed.

Never understood that.

I will wade in on this one. I have had no major issues with my Stelvio, just a few very small warranty items. I now have 16,000 km. of fun, reliable riding on this bike, and it has been a truly wonderful experience. I have absolutely no buyer's remorse over this purchase. It still makes me smile every time I thumb the starter button. :D

Cheers,

Bruce

Runs Like a champ!
The only real issues I have had are: two failed shocks (getting my third under warranty) and a failed battery tray do to a leaking battery. Guzzi has been great on warranty issues, a bit slow maybe but they get there :p
Otherwise any other break in pains are due to my own incessant urge to modify everything, from fueling, wind screen seat to auxfuel tank :lol:
Just finished an 800 mile weekend and it ripped it up, not one complaint!

Well I too love my Stelvio. The only issues I have had with it have been dealer related. Or lack of dealer competence related. Nothing that has stopped me from enjoying the bike at all. I just got back from a 2000+ mile ride and she never flinched, not even while riding for hours in pouring (and I do mean pouring) rain.

Nope! no regret here!

Realy good start to a Stelvio day this morning, the bike wouldn't start which was really good, it meant that no oil would leak, there was no risk of forks breaking, my arse wouldn't hurt me and the bike wouldn't use any fuel. Unfortunately I soon fixed the problem and had to go out and ride, anyone for a sore arse? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian

My Stelvio has now covered over 2,000 miles with only a dodgy fuel sender to blot it's copy book and has the most comfortable standard seat of any bike I've owned (well over 40).

Bisonheed said:
My Stelvio has now covered over 2,000 miles with only a dodgy fuel sender to blot it's copy book and has the most comfortable standard seat of any bike I've owned (well over 40).

Off to Spain soon so could I borrow

A.. Your seat
B.. Your bike
C.. Your arse

or

D.. all three ;) ;) ;) ;)

Ian

Covered 9,000 miles since buying it new in May 2009, apart from piss poor PDi by supplying dealer the only problems have been a speedo sensor failure in heavy rain, and a misfire tthat was sorted by fitting NGK plug caps. Non of which have left me unable to use the bike.
Routine maintenance is quite easy, love the looks of it, and unlike the boney arsed Wiganer :D in the above thread I find it rather comfy. My main criticism is the poor performance of the heated grips and the feckin' about to switch them on and alter the heat setting. Moto Guzzi could learn a lot from BMW on that score.
Two of my pals have bought Stelvios since I got mine, another pal is getting ready to swap his Harley Sportster for a Stelvio, so I've done my bit for spreading the good news.
Ride safe guys.

Sadly, and contrary to popular belief my arse is not for sale :woohoo:

Perhaps it's the 'extra padding' I'm carrying that makes it sooo comfy ? It'll get a good test in two weeks time as I'm off to Birmingham on it so a 250 mile stint with only a fuel stop. Then it's a loop around the top of Scotland, so we'll see if I'm still so keen on it then ! Enjoy your trip to Spain.

fatal said:
Covered 9,000 miles since buying it new in May 2009, apart from piss poor PDi by supplying dealer the only problems have been a speedo sensor failure in heavy rain, and a misfire tthat was sorted by fitting NGK plug caps. Non of which have left me unable to use the bike.
Routine maintenance is quite easy, love the looks of it, and unlike the boney arsed Wiganer :D in the above thread I find it rather comfy. My main criticism is the poor performance of the heated grips and the feckin' about to switch them on and alter the heat setting. Moto Guzzi could learn a lot from BMW on that score.
Two of my pals have bought Stelvios since I got mine, another pal is getting ready to swap his Harley Sportster for a Stelvio, so I've done my bit for spreading the good news.
Ride safe guys.

Cheeky bugger Fatal, I'm just sensitive pie eating Wiganner :lol: :lol:

Hope your mate does get a Stelvio, you may know but Motostrada at Shipley have got a brand new 32litre tank demonstrator in and the cost is not much different to the old version, gotta be worth a look.

Cheers

Ian

Took the Stelvio a quick blast round the Peak District last Sunday, performance was faultless. Better than the Bluetooth helmets I'd bought (not overly impressed with 'em, can't bloody hear anything over 70mph), which was the main reason for the ride. Looking forward to my 5 tour of Yorkshire in a couple of weeks. How's that for good news :D

Big E said:
Anyone with any more good news yet??

Why does the Good News Thread have to live in the Stelvio section? :whistle: :arrow:

If you read my original post in the thread that explains it. I thought it would be good to hear something other than people saying that their stelvio implodes the moment they look at it.

MG/Piaggio's after-sales support being what it is, owners of other models might be glad to share/read feel-good stories too! ;)

RJVB said:
MG/Piaggio's after-sales support being what it is, owners of other models might be glad to share/read feel-good stories too! ;)

Then they should get a Stelvio. :roll:

:woohoo:

Big E said:
Anyone with any more good news yet??

Ian

Too hot to put many miles on. Just work, home, repeat. A few hundred miles on the weekends in the heat .

Time for the short windshield maybe.

Back