• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Will the real 2011 Stelvio please stand up!

Test rode a 2011 UK model Stelvio NTX yesterday, it had the new style fairing and screen, larger 32 litre tank and the remapped engine with the twin lambda system and the semi-matt dark grey paint scheme.
The press stated over here that they would be coming with sat nav and heated grips as standard, they don't the wiring and switch gear is all there but they are extras

UK on the road price is £11795 with it going up to £12035 with heated grips and £12115 with the Tom Tom mount (only) fitted , the dealer recommended buying the sat nav independantly.

Really nice bike with a load of character, bit cramped two up in comparison to my older R1150GS

GlenT said:
"That's correct. Most of our Stelvio riders are getting around 330 km and 370 km between fills and would not like the extra weight. To date, I have only had one customer that would prefer the larger tank."

So, the Canadian Stelvio apparently gets great fuel mileage and no one here wants the larger tank.

http://www.cyclecanadaweb.com/articles/9511/

??? 330 to 370 Km on a tank???? Ummmm... I don't think so. Hell I have never seen 250 on a tank.

??? 330 to 370 Km on a tank???? Ummmm... I don't think so. Hell I have never seen 250 on a tank.
That statement made me wonder also. Doesn't seem consistent with what I've read other owners reporting.

The whole thing with the larger tank is that it gives you a choice. You don't HAVE to fill it up to the cap. But you can if you need to.

I guess that I MIGHT have considered an older model, if I found one that was significantly discounted. But the more that I read about the new ones, the less likely that I am to to want the older model.

Test bike showed on the computer that over the previous 700 miles it was doing 50 mpg, with a 32 litre tank the safe range is going to be at least 320 miles with 30 miles or so in reserve

Test bike showed on the computer that over the previous 700 miles it was doing 50 mpg, with a 32 litre tank the safe range is going to be at least 320 miles with 30 miles or so in reserve
With the 32 litre tank. Not with the 18 litre tank, though, which is all that is available here this year.

According to the dealer I test rode the bike from the new 32 litre tank should retrofit onto the older models with the smaller tank . Same type of upgrade as putting a BMW 1150GSA tank on a 1150GS

neil w said:
According to the dealer I test rode the bike from the new 32 litre tank should retrofit onto the older models with the smaller tank . Same type of upgrade as putting a BMW 1150GSA tank on a 1150GS

I'd sure like to see a parts list. I expect that most of the front end would change, clear down to the subframe and maybe wiring harness.

kmartin said:
neil w said:

I'd sure like to see a parts list. I expect that most of the front end would change, clear down to the subframe and maybe wiring harness.

You can download the parts list here: http://www.tlm.nl/onderdelenboeken/

I did a quick comparison of the big parts in the parts diagrams and can't find anything with the same part number. If you look at the illustrations, a lot of the parts are visually different. I don't know how much must be changed to upgrade tanks, but it looks to be expensive.

I'm pretty sure that by the time you changed out the entire fairing and tank set, you'd have spent as much money as trading up to the new model -- assuming of course, that you can get the new model. :)

hello guys,

I am from Austria and about 3 weeks ago I got my new 2011 model "Stelvio 8V ABS" - awesome :mrgreen:
Available colors are black, white and terra siena, which is mine.
Also availabel is a NTX version in matt black.
http://www.motoguzzi.it/#/motoguzzi/IT/ ... 200-8V-abs
http://www.motoguzzi.it/#/motoguzzi/IT/ ... 200-8V-NTX

what I have heard is, that MG produces the new Stelvios for US in winter time so that they will arrive 2012 in the states. Seems that this year no "real 2011 models" will come to US. Sorry for you guys :huh: .

Regards,
Ferdi

Attachments

• IMG_1119 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1119 (Large).JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_1120 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1120 (Large).JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_1121 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1121 (Large).JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_1122 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1122 (Large).JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_1124 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1124 (Large).JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_1125 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1125 (Large).JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 561
OK, from Australia.

Our MY 2012 bike is apparently the Euorpean MY2011 bike. There are significant changes to not only the FI in that the engine now uses the twin O2 sensors used on the Norge 8V but the cam boxes have been re-designed to do away with the shitty steel tubes with O-ring sealing, (I'll post up suplementary pics when I can.)

Biggest real change is that apparently the new model has traction control. Most likely a version similar to that used on the Doso 1200. I was at a training course in Sydney this week but had to leave before i could ask any serious questions about this. Whether this is something that is being launched and tested in Oz I know not? But it is, apparently, there!!!

If you want more info I'd look at Google and drag up the Doso 1200 and see what it says about the system. I did a training course on it earlier in the year but since I am not really an Apilia dealer and therefore haven't seen any Doso's I haven't studied up on it too hard. As time permits I'll look into it and see if I can get any more info. I can say categorically it WON'T be anything like the integrated APRC system.

Pete

Hi Pete,
nice to meet you here also, beside the AF1-Forum, after I sold my Mana and bought the Stelvio :mrgreen:
bier.gif

What I have read the traction control is a very basic version and just decreases ignition timing when the motor revs too fast so that ECU thinks it's a traction problem.

It may be a bit more involved than that but I reckon it'll be pretty close. The APRC system is fully integrated, staged control of wheelie, launch and traction with some fairly serious logic involved.

Me? I have my own traction control. It's called pants-wetting fear, terror and cowardice! :D

Pete

Hi Ferdi. That is a great looking bike. I like the colour. My wife and I were recently in Austria while we were doing the Edelweiss Bike Travels "High Alpine Tour." Your country is absolutely beautiful. I would go back in a heartbeat. I really hope to return some day. I am attaching a pic I took on the Grossglockner Pass.

Cheers,

Bruce

Attachments

• Europe 263223_2193952964985_1132001064_2608184_3406795_n.jpg
    Europe 263223_2193952964985_1132001064_2608184_3406795_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 542
No pics on my iPad nor on a hosting site of my white 2011. Every time I take her out for a ride the smile in my face lasts way longer than the ride. Quite a difference to the bikes I've owned before.

I saw and talked to the Woodstock, IL dealer (Rose Farm Classics) at the Wisconsin Guzzi Rally in early August. He is not expecting the next updated version of the ABS Stelvio (larger tank, cast rims, etc, etc) to be available until mid-to-late next summer (2012).

The Stelvio that he has on the floor (and brought to the rally as a demo) is an '09 and I don't recall if it has ABS or not. However, I don't want the small tank, I'd prefer to have the cast rims and I definitely want ABS and the other upgrades that have been mentioned.

My plan is to do some suspension upgrades on my '09 Wee-ABS and ride it through next summer. It's almost two years old, has 21K miles on it now and does everything I ask of it in a very fine manner.

Back