• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Centre Stand

guards 1656

Tuned and Synch'ed
After waiting for a centre stand (£160) to arrive at my dealers (took about a month), they tried to fit it, when i got back to the shop i get told it doesn't fit my 2008 bike. Apparently the centre stand has been superseeded by the later bikes one and to fit it to my bike i would need to pay about another £250 to have the newer hanging plates fitted to my bike. Been told by the dealer that you can't buy the 2008 stand anymore from Guzzi.

Prior to ordering the new stand I'd tried a few breakers, with no luck. If anyone knows of a Stelvio being broken, give me a shout.

You may be wondering why my bike hasn't got one, I bought the bike second hand and was told by the seller it never came with one, I since found out this is most probably a lie.

Try the following link at ebay in Italy,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _500wt_945

this person is selling many parts of a Stelvio.

In the description (italian language) he offers:
-cavalletto centrale 35 € -cavalletto centrale con attacchi 45 €

according to my italian- spanish dictionary this means -center stand €35 and -center stand with hanger plates (attachment?) €45.

good luck,

Héctor
(Osorno, Chile)

centre stand has arrived, fitted it to the bike, no problem. cheers again Hector, I don't think I would have found one with out your help.

Don't know the torque but I'd use a few drops of Loctite, mine have worked loose.

guards 1656 said:
centre stand has arrived, fitted it to the bike, no problem. cheers again Hector, I don't think I would have found one with out your help.

Hello guards 1656, happy to hear that you got the centre stand. Sorry can´t help you regarding the correct torque for the two bolts.

guards 1656 said:
Does anyone know the correct torque for the two bolts that attach the stand to the hanger plates?

Not sure about the proper torque. If no one is able to answer this, just use the old tried and true German method. Make 'em Guttentight. :D

Bruce

The long and boring story of my bikes centre stand is not quite over, to recap- when i bought the bike it didn't have one, previous owner said it didn't come with one, which i now no to be a lie. managed to track down a used stand fitted no problem. Now the thing is it's really hard to get up on the stand. When on the stand the rear wheel is almost 4 inches clear of the ground. The previous owner was a short arse, and I'm wondering has he dropped the back end some how, the front forks have been dropped through the yokes so it's a possible he's lowered the back end to match. Any ideas in how to reverse this? In the pic you can see how high the front wheel goes when the bike is loaded.
DSCF1627-1.jpg

Hya Guards

There's a thread on here about lowering the Stelvio by using the rear shock off a Griso:-

https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/190/3832

Its possible that that's what the fellas done. Have you got his name on the log book, maybe worth trying to find his number and give him a ring.?

If you want to compare it to mine, I'm only 80 miles up the road, could meet you half way.

By the way these fellas are breaking one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOTOGUZZI-V-1200- ... 3367d67f42

They aren't far from you either

Cheers

Ian

I met the original owner when I bought, he was the lying bugger who said it never came with a centre stand, as I'd never seen another stelvio in the flesh before I couldn't say if it had been lowered, I'm still not sure if it has now. As I don't know what the problem is I wouldn't know what part to order.

guards 1656 said:
I met the original owner when I bought, he was the lying bugger who said it never came with a centre stand, as I'd never seen another stelvio in the flesh before I couldn't say if it had been lowered, I'm still not sure if it has now. As I don't know what the problem is I wouldn't know what part to order.

If the buggers changed the rear shock then sadly that's the part that you are going to need which won't be cheap. My shock unloaded ie on centre stand with the back wheel up in the air is 13" or 33cm from top bolt centre to bottom bolt centre. I presume if you've got a Griso shocker fitted that distance will be shorter.

Hope this helps

Ian

It always saddens me to see the terrible things people do to a perfectly serviceable motorcycle in the name of customizing. :eek: I only have a 30" inseam, but I would not dream of cocking up my Stelvio by trying to slam it to the ground. Tilt the damn bike to the side a bit and even an inseam-challenged rider can put his left foot flat on the ground. The P.O. did some unforgivable things to your Stelvio. He will eventually burn in hell for that. In the meantime, I am sure you can reverse his f****d up efforts to turn a beautiful bike into some kind of Frankenstein chopper.

Cheers,

Bruce

Richard, did you work out why your bike is sitting low?

Ian

Like BravoBravo I have short-ish legs (31" - even tho' I am 6'1"!), but I wouldn't dream of lowering the thing. I have abandoned the "Hendon Shuffle' and always drop both feet at standstill to hold the big thing up.I've seen a chap who has to hop, Pedrosa-style, from side to side to hold his up and he wouldn't dream of lowering the bike.

As I deck the centrestand occasionally (mainly on right-handers) lowering the bike would seriously f*** up my cornering. The Stelvio handles so well it would be criminal to compromise it by reducing ground clearance!!!!!!!!!

I'm struggling to see how i can get an accurate measurment of the damper, so i'm not sure if it's shorter. i emailed Hagon who although they don't list one on their web site, said they make one in their reply (£300). I think that will have to be the route i go down eventually.

Back