• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The Good News Thread

guards 1656 said:
Took the Stelvio a quick blast round the Peak District last Sunday, performance was faultless. Better than the Bluetooth helmets I'd bought (not overly impressed with 'em, can't bloody hear anything over 70mph), which was the main reason for the ride. Looking forward to my 5 tour of Yorkshire in a couple of weeks. How's that for good news :D

Good to hear you've been out and about, do you use earplugs when riding. If not it m ay help with the bluetooth helmets. I use Scala Rider headsets and though not that loud I can hear them up to 90mph, not that I ever ride that fast,honest. I've now got 16days off work, how's that for good news?

wayne I wish we could say it's too hot to go out , it doesn't seem to know what to do here, one minute sunny next peeing down, can't wait for summer, or have we had it? I've always got the short screen on and am still amazed how less screen gets rid of the buffeting I can sit at 80mph mile afater mile with zero wind buffeting.

Cheers

Ian

Wayne Orwig said:
Too hot to put many miles on. Just work, home, repeat. A few hundred miles on the weekends in the heat .

Time for the short windshield maybe.

I'm still using my electrics every morning here in California. I do live in the mountains however ;)

Good news - I'm spending a fortune on tires and now need footpegs. :D

I've had some of the typical little issues. Speed sensor, plug boots, dealer snapped the fork pinch bolt area, but that's really it. The fork parts could have arrived quicker or been stocked in the U.S., but that's my only complaint.

I've put nearly 10,000 miles on her since October 2010 and it's truly a wonderful machine. I have about 3000 miles worth of trips planned for this June (leaving today for the Western NY rally) and don't think twice about jumping on her and going.

The thing runs like a raped ape and it's funny how many times the front wheel comes off the ground under hard acceleration. I plan on having it a long time.

Here's a picture of it at work all loaded down for a 500+ mile blast (leaving in 2 1/2 hours :woohoo: )

IMAG0218.jpg

I'll be following my wife out on her new Griso SE and I'm equally confident in it.

Looks like you have the optional just-before-leaving-on-a-trip leak going on? :side:

Following a woman on a Griso ... how many here are NOT at least a bit envious? :) :arrow:

Good news, went to Cumbria today and the recently replaced left HT lead failed, fixed it with a rubber glove and rode home with no more problems. NGK SB05E's ordered off Fleabay for only £2.50 each, result.

Had my 12000 service, sorted cold tickover problem (see thread). Riding 40+ years. Owned some better bikes (well, faster anyway), but never anything as involving as the Stelvio. It ticks all the boxes and then some. I've even heard the new 2011 with the quieter engine, but it still has the sound...

Here's my bike and my lovely disabled daughter after a ride when we scraped the centre stand around a right hander, both of us giggling...

Attachments

• StelvioJess.jpg
    StelvioJess.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 482
notasweetman said:
Had my 12000 service, sorted cold tickover problem (see thread). Riding 40+ years. Owned some better bikes (well, faster anyway), but never anything as involving as the Stelvio. It ticks all the boxes and then some. I've even heard the new 2011 with the quieter engine, but it still has the sound...

Here's my bike and my lovely disabled daughter after a ride when we scraped the centre stand around a right hander, both of us giggling...

She IS lovely! If girls knew how good they looked in riding gear, they'd ALL wear it!

And very few dads in this world have daughters that would be giggling with them after a spirited motorcycle ride! You've got it going on!

Lannis

Well had my 2010 bike since Nov and ridden 3,000 miles and had no problems. I do find the seat painful (new one needs to be ordered with gel which I am sure will sort it). Have fitted bigger screen (i am over 6' and its great to get rid of the buffeting). But overall its a fantastic bike with loads of style and character and frankly I do not want to be a GS rider (my test rides just confirmed my view that the BMW is a dull bike). Saw a thread on here for someone heading up to Yorkshire soon - if you want to meet up while here just let me know, great roads around here.

More good news - I've just completed a 480 mile round trip to Birmingham (not the one in Alabama) for a family event. The bike went superb and has a real 'sweet spot' at 95.... Got down from Northumberland in two hours and thirty five minuets, which included a fuel stop. Steadier on the way and saw 45 to the gallon average. Seat was comforts own perch from the off.
Oh, and a job offer was on the doormat when I walked in, double good news !!!

Congrats on the job offer. I find my Stelvio excells on a decent lenght run, the MPG goes right up when compared to my 7 mile commute to work.
Ride up to Whitby tomorrow, the forecast isn't looking great but we'll see.

The only bad news is I've destroyed the original rear Pirelli Scorpion Trail in 2,500 miles ! It's as square as a square thing and down to 2.5mm. Got another being fitted today, which will help the handling no end !

Just back from a 600 mile tour of the Yorkshire Moors and coast line. Experienced most types of weather, I was impressed that the speedo didn't fail during a down pour from Whitby to Scarborough. I must get round to fitting the new one I bought months ago.

The bike now looks in a bit of a sorry state after being parked in a field for a week.

Just got back from 300 mile ride to California's Yosemite taking hwy 99 to hw 4 into the hills to copperopolos to hwy108 tohwy 120 by way of 49 -- handled great - perfect for keeping the square off those tires :laugh: I do need to install Ngk caps. Most of the ride I had the rode all to myself. Near the end I came up on a fine BMW r1200 two up - they were out of Quebec . We all rode into the park together

Couple of weeks ago did the same 300 miles but doubling Ebbitts Pass to Alpine County Seat of Markleville. This is a very wild ride with the stelvio handling everything. I love this bike.

Back