• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

snapping forks

The fiasco still continues for me. No part, no word on whether or not the part has even left Italy yet. I'm tempted to try to have it welded or ride with the freakin' thing broken.

Communication from Guzzi has sucked. Communication from the dealer (who broke the thing) has sucked worse.... :cry:

I have several long trips coming up within the next week and a half, and the Stelvio is my only "bagger" now so I'm kinda screwed.

Would it be dangerous (overly) to ride with one side broken if it comes down to it?

Doug, Guzzi 'Claim' that it's fine to ride the bike with a cracked fork leg. Looking at how the forces will act on the casting I have to say I'm deeply skeptical. Given the fact this problem has been known about for ages I'm astonished that nowhere in the US, (Or the importer here either!) have the part in stock?? As I said elsewhere, why are they sticking with what is obviously a less than wonderfull product from Marzocchi when for the same money or less they could get a decent fork from Showa? It's not like they don't use Showa products?? The Grisos use the splendid USD items used on most Japanese machines. While they aren't *quite* as good as say Ohlins they are a damn fine fork and give NO problems!!!!!

Madness!!!!

Pete

Thanks Pete.

I'm a little skeptical as well about the safety of riding it like that. I told them to find a welder if the part doesn't come in the next few days and give that a shot. Even if it's just temporary until the new part arrives.

Better than washing out all my travel plans.

On a better note, the wife's new Griso SE just arrived at the dealer. We put the deposit on it in November... :lol:

Doug, When my left fork cracked last year it did it about say 80-100 km from home (noticed when stopped for coffee).Turned around and gingerly rode home. By the time I got home the crack had progressed completely across and widened to about a 1/16 of an inch. Don't think I'd recommend it for too long.
FBC

All that hand wringing for nothing. The part showed up today and the bike will be ready tomorrow. What a huge weight off my shoulders. Only interfered with one trip and not one of the big ones.

Is the new current model year (2011) using the same fork? Are the forks that they are shipping as replacements, different (improved, redesigned) from the originals?

Yes, redesigned part. Newer modems ship with the newer designed.

I noticed that on the side that didn't crack, they changed the bolt to the allen head style used on the redesigned side. It'll be interesting to see if that keeps them from over torqueing.

R/H fork now replaced,both sides are now the later style,hopefully that's it. I must say Todds Ecu reflash is very good,starts better and much smoother fueling mid rpm.
FBC

This problem continues... I bought my bike used this summer and just went to replace my front tire. The LH side was cracked and loose. I'm guessing that since mine is a 2009 and I'm the 3rd owner it'll be impossible to get it covered - Tube is $1038... These bikes are suppose to be ADV bikes and they're fragile even on smooth pavement - so far, I'm less than impressed.

Has anyone had any luck getting the cracks welded?

I know this an old thread however I got a call from the bike dealer I am buying my 2009 Stelvio from to sat whilst putting the front wheel back in they cracked the LHS.
guess I wont be picking the bike up for a while.

I know this an old thread however I got a call from the bike dealer I am buying my 2009 Stelvio from to sat whilst putting the front wheel back in they cracked the LHS.
guess I wont be picking the bike up for a while.

turns out its not cracked but the previous owner had cracked it and had it welded
confused.gif
dealer has checked the weld and all is well to pick up the bike tomorrow and take it back when the new part arrives from Guzzi to have it fitted at the dealers expense
bigthumb.gif

Back