• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio NTX GTM Performance ECU Flash

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
After a year and 8000 miles, I finally splurged for Todd's modified ECU. I wasn't completely dissatisfied with the stock performance, but the surging and popping from the lean jetting was an aggravation that I wanted to correct. Just wanted to confirm all that I've read on here, the modified ECU really works. It's not magic, no fire-breathing race bike, but it makes the bike perform like it should have from the factory. Just riding around town is so much smoother and less jerky, and I'm sure it'll be the same on the highway. That was worth the money by itself, but knowing my motor should run cooler and last longer makes it a no-brainer.

Just an aside - I pulled the bodywork to get rid of the charcoal canister and the extra plumbing. After reading all the info here, I was confused to find my hoses coming off the canister didn't jive with everyone else's. No check valves, no Ts, the hoses weren't connected to the throttle bodies. I snapped a couple of pics and sent them to Todd, and he confirmed that someone had already plugged the TBs. Weird, as I bought the bike new, and my dealer (who dropped the Guzzi line shortly after I took possession) never struck me as knowing much about the brand. Can't imagine they would have performed the surgery on their own initiative.
A mystery, but I sure won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Thanks for the words, happy to be of help/service.
Appreciate the words and endorsement!

After having fork issue resolved I've been able to put about 150 km on the bike. First ride(s) with Todd's reflashed ECU. Bike is much more responsive and smoother. Starts much better as well. Mechanic who test rode my bike after fork replacement was highly impressed the throttle response. Nicely done Todd,well worth the $$. I am very interested to see the transformation once I get the PC-V and AT installed.Highly recommend the ECU reflash. Thanks Todd.
Doug

Hi There, I am in need of help since I purchased a 2009 Stelvio 4V a few months ago, it was only 2200 KMS just broken in, from what I read it looks like there is a consensus on how jerky and kind of rough the engine works on original settings from idle to town riding. actually I am experiencing this myself and I look for a fix. As I had only one ride on the bike before going away to Europe I did not study much the problem at that time. I went to the Mandello del Lario in Italy where the factory and the largest Guzzi dealer are: Agostini, they recommended to change my air filter with their new unrestricted polypropylene unit and also to get a new muffler, which I did, once back in Canada I installed both but the difference from stock does not make the cut and I am now reading about the possible change of the ECU that seems to make some nice difference. Could somebody help me in this regard so I will get a smoother running bike!

Thanks in advance

WitchCityBallabio said:
Does the re-flashed ECU negatively impact fuel mileage?
Only if your right hand causes it... once you can enjoy the bike for how it should run. ;) Generally speaking, mileage improves from most all those who have posted in this thread.

Ericopedro said:
Hi There, I am in need of help since I purchased a 2009 Stelvio 4V a few months ago, it was only 2200 KMS just broken in, from what I read it looks like there is a consensus on how jerky and kind of rough the engine works on original settings from idle to town riding... I am now reading about the possible change of the ECU that seems to make some nice difference. Could somebody help me in this regard so I will get a smoother running bike.
Direct e-mail reply sent. Happy to be of help.

Ericopedro said:
Hi There, I am in need of help since I purchased a 2009 Stelvio 4V a few months ago, it was only 2200 KMS just broken in, from what I read it looks like there is a consensus on how jerky and kind of rough the engine works on original settings from idle to town riding. actually I am experiencing this myself and I look for a fix. As I had only one ride on the bike before going away to Europe I did not study much the problem at that time. I went to the Mandello del Lario in Italy where the factory and the largest Guzzi dealer are: Agostini, they recommended to change my air filter with their new unrestricted polypropylene unit and also to get a new muffler, which I did, once back in Canada I installed both but the difference from stock does not make the cut and I am now reading about the possible change of the ECU that seems to make some nice difference. Could somebody help me in this regard so I will get a smoother running bike!

Thanks in advance

I see Todd already replied to you. Do not hesitate to purchase whatever he has recommended. Once you have Todd's products installed, you will absolutely love the way your Stelvio runs. I couldn't be happier with my 2009 Stelvio. It is the best bike I have owned in over 40 years of riding.

Cheers,

Bruce

I was luck enough to get one off from our famiglia member and got it installed 2 weeks ago. Once this was done right away, without driving the bike, I heard and felt the difference in throttle response.

I took the bike out for an hour drive.
A point to consider …… my comfort zones are from 3500 to 4500 rpm and do roughly 80% to 90% of highway driving.

My initial impression?
- Smoother take-offs from idle.
- Throttle response in this range is less jumpy.
- Overall it has a linear torque from 3000 to 6000 rpm
- Has less vibration on highway speed. (3500 to 4500 rpm)
- When the engine is under compression it doesn’t pop as much.
- Once the engine is at +/-100ºc temperature the throttle response gets even better. (Smoother and more responsive)
- When I'm stuck in traffic at over 35ºc temperatures it doesn't ping any more on accelerated takeoffs.
- I did over 500 km with the ECU in and the gas consumption is more or less the same.

Thanks Todd great product.

Thank you Bruce and Dan... I'm pushing on to keep up with the newest models as well. Thanks for the posts.

Just installed the ECU on my 2010 Stelvio w/ ~22k miles...I am running a Mistral with a baffle. It has been said before, but I'll repeat it here: Todd is very easy to work with and I can't thank him enough for his prompt communication and help with this modification.

I pulled the side panel for install as I wanted to make sure I didn't bugger up any wire connections. It really didn't make it too bad of a job and helped ensure everything went in there just right. My local shop set the TPS after install.

Now to the good stuff: Throttle roll-ons yield noticeably improved power, especially in the mid range. The top end doesn't seem to be all that different, but it gets to the far side of the tach surprisingly fast as the bike seems to rev quicker.

My bike did suffer from an intermittent PING issue, which the ECU vastly improved. Temps are cooler, so I can't say it is gone, but my Stelvio is happier under load.

The first few tanks seem to have dropped me ~2 or 3 mpg. With that said, I need a few tanks of commuting to be sure as I have been adjusting the volume knob a bit more.

Read the posts here...I do not believe there is any hyperbole stated. It will not make the bike run with an Aprilia RSV4, but does make the bike run noticeably smoother, faster, and fills in the mid range nicely.

Hi Guys and Gals,

Well, after barely 150 miles on my brand new 2016/17 Stelvio NTX, I couldn't take the erratic fueling and general poor power!

For me there was only one choice and person to turn too, Todd @ GuzziTech. He did other things too i.e. LED upgrades to my marker lights and installing my Rizoma components, but the most IMPORTANT item he addressed was the ECU.

Todd remapped my ECU and now I have more power throughout the power band, crazy, a night and day difference. I can't wait to do the next update and upgrade to the, GT PCV & AT system. Once installed along with a FULL custom exhaust from the headers on down this baby will rock the house.

YES you read that right, GTM and Todd are building me a full system, has anyone see what he's producing not just for the V7 and V9 lineup but for the Stelvio too. Just because Piaggio decided to end this series bike doesn't mean you still can't turn it into a fire breathing machine, if that's your thing... :)

If you haven't considered an ECU re-map done by GT and Todd, I would say what the heck are you waiting for, best money I spent thus far!

Wait, I saw in this thread:

Stelvio discontinued

that GT Rx rode your new NTX, in stock form, back to back against his 2013 and felt better power? What's this about erratic fueling and poor power?

Hi Guys and Gals,

Well, after barely 150 miles on my brand new 2016/17 Stelvio NTX, I couldn't take the erratic fueling and general poor power!

For me there was only one choice and person to turn too, Todd @ GuzziTech. He did other things too i.e. LED upgrades to my marker lights and installing my Rizoma components, but the most IMPORTANT item he addressed was the ECU.

Todd remapped my ECU and now I have more power throughout the power band, crazy, a night and day difference. I can't wait to do the next update and upgrade to the, GT Rx PCV & AT system. Once installed along with a FULL custom exhaust from the headers on down this baby will rock the house.

YES you read that right, GTM and Todd are building me a full Titanium system, has anyone see what he's producing not just for the V7 n V9 lineup but for the Stelvio too. Just because Piaggio decided to end this series bike doesn't mean you still can't turn it into a fire breathing machine, if thats your thing... :)

If you haven't considered an ECU re-map done by GT and Todd, I would say what the heck are you waiting for, best money I spent thus far!

that GT Rx rode your new NTX, in stock form, back to back against his 2013 and felt better power? What's this about erratic fueling and poor power?
I'll let him answer, but mechanical power (cam profiles, etc) is what I was referring to. I never implied it fueled perfectly. Always room for improvement there due to restrictive Euro regs.

Fair enough, but I thought all the 1200 Guzzi's are still built to Euro 3 compliance only?

Fair enough, but I thought all the 1200 Guzzi's are still built to Euro 3 compliance only?
Sure, Euro 3. Same issues as discussed here at length in the hundreds of other posts.

Sure, Euro 3. Same issues as discussed here at length in the hundreds of other posts.

I'll take your word for it, don't have the time or need (yet) for detailed research on factory stock drivability issues, if any exist. I'm coming from two Ducati Multistrada 1200's, a 2013 damaged in a deer collision in 2015 and a 2016 model I totaled in a bad accident that was all me, in February this year. I really didn't want another Multi, and the NTX fits my bill for something slower and more laid back, and also that I can do most of the maintenance on myself. Thanks for your help and advice.

Wait, I saw in this thread:

Stelvio discontinued

that GTM rode your new NTX, in stock form, back to back against his 2013 and felt better power? What's this about erratic fueling and poor power?

Hi Bonaventure, I'm not a mechanic but I was having issues with my brand new bike in throttle response and power delivery, while also at times feeling like it was going to stall.
Once I had the ECU flashed by Todd (GTM) it feels great, similar to my 2016 BMW R9T. I read the full thread, I have to say after owning MANY high end and HIGHLY customized bikes, I find myself craving to ride the NTX. I had the opportunity to get a great deal through my industry connections on a Mulitstrada or a GSA 1200 for commuting, but decided save $10,000 and if need be use that money to make it unique to me.
I can't wait until it's done, and remember if you get it immediately replace the mirrors. Go with the Euro Turn signals like we did and drop in LED replacement bulbs (I believe the GuzziTech store has them in stock). I went with the Rizoma 4D Mirrors that the GTM store carries.
I am seeing what's compatible from Rizoma that can up-fit on the Guzzi line up so stay tuned. GTM will make a big announcement once we have it all figured out!

I hope that helps and good luck.

I'll take your word for it, don't have the time or need (yet) for detailed research on factory stock drivability issues, if any exist. I'm coming from two Ducati Multistrada 1200's, a 2013 damaged in a deer collision in 2015 and a 2016 model I totaled in a bad accident that was all me, in February this year. I really didn't want another Multi, and the NTX fits my bill for something slower and more laid back, and also that I can do most of the maintenance on myself. Thanks for your help and advice.

I wanted to touch on this: First, I'm glad you are writing on here and thinking of your next bike, I hope you're ok from the accident!

Second, the reason you said (SPEED & HP) is EXACTLY why I chose to sell my MV Agusta Brutale Corsa 1090 RR. At 44, I don't need to be popping the wheels in 3rd gear. haha
Great machine, a piece of art but after a few close calls (due to my lack of throttle control :) ) I said time to slow things down a bit. haha

Don't get me wrong, I am still going to drop a GT big bore kit in my Stelvio and add the Power Commander and AT-300, topped off with a custom made titanium FULL exhaust system, but its still a different bike. I don't feel the need to go ripping every second, it nice to know though I will be able to keep up in the canyons if need be.

Good luck again and I don't think you'll be disappointed in the NTX, especially if you have GTM work on your bike. Lucky for me I live in SoCal... :D

Thanks, my NTX is bought (a left over 2016 ), just be couple weeks before it arrives due to having elected to have it transported from the dealer in Las Vegas instead of trying to ride it home 1500 miles when I haven't ridden since my accident in Feb. No offense but I hope mine doesn't have issues with feeling like it's going to stall :eek:

Cause of my accident was gravel kick out through the apex of 2nd half of an s-curve. Tried to go wide to avoid it and fell off road, struck a buried utility cable marker post and high-sided in the weeds and sticks.

Last edited:
Thanks, my NTX is bought (a left over 2016 ), just be couple weeks before it arrives due to having elected to have it transported from the dealer in Las Vegas instead of trying to ride it home 1500 miles when I haven't ridden since my accident in Feb. No offense but I hope mine doesn't have issues with feeling like it's going to stall :eek:

Cause of my accident was gravel kick out through the apex of 2nd half of an s-curve. Tried to go wide to avoid it and fell off road, struck a buried utility cable marker post and high-sided in the weeds and sticks.

Ah Bonaventure, smart buy, I know the bike you bought and the dealer! ;)

I am not sure about the PDI at that dealer, but if you are mechanically sound, do another PDI and spot check the dealer. Unfortunately, GTM has to re-do mine from the dealer. :rolleyes: haha

http://gtmotocycles.com/

Good luck and happy Modifying...

https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/all-products/model_stelvio?sort_by=price-descending

I am finishing my seasonal maintenance and had Todd re-flash my ECU. He turned it around really fast, thank you sir.
Today was a little over 40F in Ohio and I couldn't resist trying it out.
I am impressed, what you see on this forum is not hype. I installed an "old school" liquid compass on the bike last summer and now it is usable. Before it would spin and was never even close to accurate. That how much smoother the motor is now. Acceleration, idle and starting are all greatly improved.
Worth the money!

Back