• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio REGISTRY & Pics thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Re: Stelvio out and about pics here...

Good to see you back, Tex. I forgot how much I missed your contributions.

Keith

Here's my bike and my lovely disabled daughter after a quick local blast. We scraped the centre stand on a long right-hander. Suspension damping cranked up way up high. Both of us giggling fit to bust. Dunlop RoadSmarts. Love the Stelvio. Love it.

Attachments

• StelvioJess.jpg
    StelvioJess.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 1,082

Hi,
What device you mounted over the Nuvi - kind of "direction pointer" or ...? I tried to google but not find anything similar.
Slawek
PS. I found - radar locator - http://www.valentine1.com/
MemorialDay2011004.jpg

Re: Stelvio Registry

Attached are a couple of Pics of my Stelvio NTX ~ stuck in the snow, not quite the go anywhere machine perhaps; and on Ikely Moor ~ as in "On Ikely Moor b'ah t'hat" ~ strange North Yorkshire speak/song that i only just get; and the third to prove it floats on water (with the help of the ferry across Windermere, Lake District)

Love the bike, except when it breaks ~ 7 warrenty repairs in 2 years / 7000 miles {Clutch bearing / fork seal / tank cover not petrol proof / Oil Pressure switch fault - twice / Centre stand pivot bolts both sides have fell out now}.

Attended the BMW Off road skills course run by Simon Pavey multiple Dakar finisher on it, virtually everyone else arrived on GS's covered in Touratech bits and it created quite a stir, espcially amongst the instructors.

Love the performance, handling, comfort and the sound. Get bit frustrated by the "Italian'ness" i.e have to stop to adjust heated grips, prop stand right next to gear lever, Spanner sign comes on at 6000 miles and stays on regardless of servicing carried out etc, etc - but still happy to own it.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    443.8 KB · Views: 1,296
  • 100605 Stelvio on Ikley Moor - 1.JPG
    100605 Stelvio on Ikley Moor - 1.JPG
    651.1 KB · Views: 1,295
  • 110508 Windermere Ferry.JPG
    110508 Windermere Ferry.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,295
Lindisfarne and Holy island

Took a 350 mile round trip to Lindisfarne today, less than an hour later the tide had come in keeping on the island for a hour or so

guards 1656 said:
That's a good days ride

It was a good day, i normally look at doing between 230 / 250 miles on a sunday but 350 miles took me to the limit of my endurance physically :cry: ,mentally i could have ridden longer :) . I have an Airhawk seat which is an improvment on the stock seat but its still not great. Even in heat the Selvio performed faultlessly returning an indicated 42mpg for the trip speeds on the A1 with the exception of passing through the roadworks were 75 to 80 :shock: all the way. Now the millage has passed the 5K mark the bike feels a lot smoother and responsive.

Took a shortcut home.... :lol:

The "road less traveled" lol

IMG-20110630-00005.jpg

Then found this one I never noticed before...

IMG-20110630-00017.jpg

They were not kidding!

IMG-20110630-00023.jpg

IMG-20110630-00020.jpg

Shrike said:
Took a shortcut home.... :lol:
The "road less traveled" lol
Shrike - great pics. Where are you ? What are your tires again please... Thanks

Hey... I am just outside of Kingston Ont. I am running Shinko 705's. Decent tire for the price. I have been quite happy with them.
Btw..I am running the NTX rim as the stock 09 rim was far too limiting to tire choices for my liking.

Hi,
I come fom Austria/Europe , about 50 km north of Vienna and here is my brand new Stelvio 8V ABS, color is named "terra siena".
It's Europe model 2011 with 32 l gastank, aluminium wheels and 2 O2 sensors.
It followed a BMW R100GS (which I owned for 21 years) and a Aprilia Mana 850 ( 9 months).

Attachments

• IMG_1119 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1119 (Large).JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 1,525
  • IMG_1120 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1120 (Large).JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 1,524
  • IMG_1121 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1121 (Large).JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 1,525
  • IMG_1124 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1124 (Large).JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 1,524
  • IMG_1125 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1125 (Large).JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 1,525

Attachments

• Rallies 005 (400 x 600).jpg
    Rallies 005 (400 x 600).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,466
  • Rallies 015 (600 x 400).jpg
    Rallies 015 (600 x 400).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,466
  • Rallies 051 (600 x 400).jpg
    Rallies 051 (600 x 400).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,466

Back to the Lake District again this weekend, not as bright and warm as of late but still a good days riding

For a change last weekend i ventured into the North Pennines for the day Skirting the lakes and up to Hartside pass, Alston,Middleton in Teesdale down into Barnard Castle then home a nice 230 mile round trip.

just a few more pics.

IMG-20110910-00084.jpg

The one time I wished the bike was shorter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMG-20110910-00075.jpg

IMG-20110910-00076.jpg

Got a way for a week and a good 2000 mile run through Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wyoming. Great fun.

RideSept2011003.jpg

Camping the first night. Found that the empty space inside of the right pannier mount can also be used to store a folding chair :laugh:

RideSept2011014.jpg

Big carvings of some old famous dudes.

RideSept2011025.jpg

Thermopolis, Wyoming. Worlds largest natural mineral hot springs. Very nice on a stiff old body after a week of riding. Aaaahhh......

Back