• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Tires

StelvioGT

Tuned and Synch'ed
Just put a pair of Pirelli Scorpion Trails on hope they last longer than the Sync's or the last pair of Metzler's I had on it. Tread looks aggressive enough for light offroad.
Stelvio311023-vi.jpg

Stelvio311021-vi.jpg

Stelvio311029-vi.jpg

Stelvio311011-vi.jpg

StelvioGT said:
Just put a pair of Pirelli Scorpion Trails on hope they last longer than the Sync's or the last pair of Metzler's I had on it. Tread looks aggressive enough for light offroad.
Stelvio311023-vi.jpg

Stelvio311021-vi.jpg

Stelvio311029-vi.jpg

Stelvio311011-vi.jpg
[/quote
tyres look good

They are Pirelli Scorpion Trails 180/55ZR17 and 110/80VR19 (stock Stelvio size) and got them from Motorcyle Superstore in the US. These tires come stock on the Multistrada I'm told.

I tried the Trails and couldn't see any appreciable difference in performance or life from teh Syncs. Hope you fare better. I'm on Continentals now, but haven't the milage to make a judgement as to longevity. They handle fine though.

I got these as original equipment on my NTX. I've only got 900 miles on them but they seem a good tyre, grippy enough in the cool conditions with no sign of wear yet, happy with them so far.

I replaced original Syncs at 4500 miles with a Pirelli Sync on the rear and a Pirelli Trail on front. So far only a couple hundred miles, they seem to handle just fine, but still too new to tell. :?:

I got about 10,000 Kms out of the scorpion Sync that was fitted to the front from new. This was replaced with a Scorpion Trail, which so far has done about 12,000 Kms and is less than half worn.

I hace had about 10,000 Kms out of both Scorpion Syncs on the rear and have just fitted a Metzler Z6

John B

I got 4800 out of the Sync's and then about 6200 from a pair of Metzler MEZ6's hope to get at least the latter on the new Trails, they don't seem as soft as the Sync's.

Just replaced my Rear with the same Scorpion Sync, got 5500 miles out of the first one. Looks like the front is about halfway done. :D

Today I had a set of Dunlop Roadsmart tyres fitted, £200 to a pair of loose wheels at TST tyres, Culceth, Near Warrington. The previous Continenntal Road attacks lasted 5000 miles, the rear was badly squared off, but the front had plenty of tread remaining, but I thought I'd try a different set for the sake of a change. I 've got roadsmarts fitted to my Tiger 1050 they are damn good hoops, especially in the wet, I hope they last a bit longer than the Contis.
I've no intention of using the bike off tarmac so full on road tyres are ideal for my riding.

Weird. I got about 7000 miles out of my Sync's, which is about what I expected. Hoping for the same or better out of the Trails.

Next move is the NTX rear rim so I can try the Tourance's or Annakees. They seem to do pretty well mileage wise.

fatal said:
Today I had a set of Dunlop Roadsmart tyres fitted, £200 to a pair of loose wheels at TST tyres, Culceth, Near Warrington. The previous Continenntal Road attacks lasted 5000 miles, the rear was badly squared off, but the front had plenty of tread remaining, but I thought I'd try a different set for the sake of a change. I 've got roadsmarts fitted to my Tiger 1050 they are damn good hoops, especially in the wet, I hope they last a bit longer than the Contis.
I've no intention of using the bike off tarmac so full on road tyres are ideal for my riding.

Now there's a coincidence, I did the same at TST on Tuesday but they charged me £220.00 and lost one of my dustcaps.

Ian

just had a roadsmart put on the rear today at Racing Lines in Derby. £115. They've quoted £100 for the front. John Cooper Tyres also of Derby quoted me £140 for the rear, so it pays to shop around. £200 for a pair is a really good price. I think roadsmarts will suit me fine as my bike will be going off road as often as it'll be going on water.

The original sync had done 6500, I think I could have got a few more miles out of it but it's MOT time at the end of the month.

Big E said:
fatal said:

Now there's a coincidence, I did the same at TST on Tuesday but they charged me £220.00 and lost one of my dustcaps.

Ian

Hi Ian, great minds think alike eh! Did you take your bike down to the shop? as the extra twenty quid you paid may be the difference in price for fitting to loose wheels. With the history of some fork legs cracking at the spindle bolts I thought I wouldn't risk anyone else removing the front wheel. I lost the hub centre dust cap, I forgot to take it out before I went to the shop; is that the one you lost as well?
I've just orderd one from twiggers motorcycles, they said about one to two weeks for it to turn up from Italy. In the meantime I've been pulling my workshop apart to find something as a temporary bodge....nowt yet.

You Brits are so lucky! Anyone know why the 110/90 18 isn't available in the States?

Edit: I meant 110/80 19 :oops:

fatal said:
Big E said:
fatal said:

Ian

Hi Ian, great minds think alike eh! Did you take your bike down to the shop? as the extra twenty quid you paid may be the difference in price for fitting to loose wheels. With the history of some fork legs cracking at the spindle bolts I thought I wouldn't risk anyone else removing the front wheel. I lost the hub centre dust cap, I forgot to take it out before I went to the shop; is that the one you lost as well?
I've just orderd one from twiggers motorcycles, they said about one to two weeks for it to turn up from Italy. In the meantime I've been pulling my workshop apart to find something as a temporary bodge....nowt yet.

Nope, I took lose wheels too. The dust cap was just a valve cap. I haven't ridden it yet but I hear the Roadsmarts get good press. Which is the hub centre dust cap, I don't seem to have one, or do you mean the dust cover which fits over the bearing seal? Try Corsa Italiana, they usually have quite a good range of spares in stock.

Ian

I've just replaced my Scorpion Trail rear for another with only 2,500 miles on the clock ! It's squared off badly and was affecting the handling, bugger.

I have been running Roadsmarts on mine now for 18 months on the second set after the metz6 - I also run roadsmarts on both of my FJRs and by far the best tyre around at the moment.

Back