• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva Sport Pillion

octoguzzi

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Breva Sport owners, how does your seat work out for pillion riders?

My wife and I are considering a 1200 Sport, but she hasn't had a chance to try out the pillion seating position. We'd have to do this deal by phone, so it's taking a chance that everything would be ergonomically correct for both of us. I sat on a Sport a few years back, but it had the rear cowling in place, so she didn't get to try it. We have ridden a Breva 1100 and that worked out fine, but I suspect the rear portion of the seat on the Sport is contoured differently. Does anyone know if the standard Breva seat will fit the Sport if it came to that?

My wife is pretty short, 5'3", but she does fine on our Griso.

TIA, Larry

The seats from the 1200 Sport, Norge and 1100 Breva are all interchangeable.

My wife only rode on the stock 1200 Sport seat one time for about 5 minutes so I'm not a bit of help.

I popped for the Corbin seat as she requires a backrest to ride on the back, we've ridden with that for multiple day trips and she's had no issues. She's about 5'1" and there seems to be plenty of room for her.

We have ridden a Breva 1100 and that worked out fine, but I suspect the rear portion of the seat on the Sport is contoured differently. Does anyone know if the standard Breva seat will fit the Sport if it came to that?
If the Breva1100 worked out fine, the 1200Sport will do the same. We've owned a Breva1100 and a Triumph in between, my wife really like the Guzzi for comfort. The difference between a Breva1100 and 1200Sport is very little, so I would say: buy it and you won't regret. Tried the Stelvio yet?

:D The 1200 Sport seat looks like a sofa compared to the Griso seat. If she likes the Griso seat, it's a safe bet that she'll love the Sport seat.

She may get a little more vibes through the left footpeg than on a regular Breva. My wife complained until I put the Mistral exhaust on. She reports much less vibration in the left peg now. She is fairly tall at 5'8". There was some buffeting at speeds over 70mph. A taller screen eliminated it completely.

As previously mentioned, the Norge, Breva and 1200 Sport seats are all on the same pan and are interchange-able.

Great comments, thanks.

Martin said:
Tried the Stelvio yet?

Other than sitting on one at Erico, the Denver dealer, no. We still have an '06 Triumph Tiger 955 which not only is similar to the Stelvio, but really hard to beat for fuctionality. It's a bit of a stretch to call the Tiger an adventure bike, but it has to be one of the best standards ever built. We're on our 2nd one. A Stelvio probably wouldn't be in the cards unless we decided to sacrifice the Tiger. Incidentally, we've had the opportunity to sample both models of the new Tiger 800, and those are impressive as well.

mickyvee_2010 said:
:D The 1200 Sport seat looks like a sofa compared to the Griso seat. If she likes the Griso seat, it's a safe bet that she'll love the Sport seat.

Troof be dat.

We rode both the Breva and a Norge when the Guzzi demo truck stopped at the now defunct Colorado Springs dealership but ran out of time to sample the Griso. Admittedly we had mentally dismissed the Griso as unsuitable, because of the seat, which was (in retrospect) unfortunate. We really didn't give a Griso any more thought until we had an opportunity to trade a Speed Triple for one and draw some cash. We gave it a test ride and, lo and behold, it worked great. It came with a Termignoni, Guzzi hard/soft bags, a Guzzi tank bag, fender eliminator and custom LED turn signals. We've been having a ball with it. It gets great comments at our local burger haunt. Check the link in my profile to my website for some pix of the Griso, Tiger, and our collection of LM5s.

Octoguzzi

when I was considering buying a guzzi four or so years ago, my wife didn't care as long as "it " had a comfortable seat.
But when, push came to shove,she wasn't interested in coming on a test ride (Don't figure but thats women for you )

After a quick whizz around the dealers neighbourhood I decided to purchase , Cath (the wife) comments were "it wouldn't of mattered what I thought you would of still ended up buying it".( I'm known to be pig headed at times, just as well other wise I might not of ended up marrying her - thats another story).

In another few months I would of owned the sport for 4 years. It now got 74000 k's on the clock, of which I suggest Cath's been pillion for at least half of that.. Rain ,hail or shine.

I don't own a shot gun , so it's not like shes' force to sit on the back.

So I thought rather than post a comment that may not be true, that she, as a pillion should comment:-

Cathy says: I LOVE IT!!!!! Having the top box with the built-in back rest is so comfortable and makes a big difference (and roomy). When we had the Bandit we would have to stop every hour or so. With the Guzzi, it's no problem going 2 hours or more (mind you, a couple of beers every now and then doesn't hurt).

I have has my Sport for 3 and 1/2 years now with 21k on the clock, at 74k you have really been riding the bike. Have you had any major issues in that time?

Jas

Yes I've had a few issues (early on in the piece). As indicated on post below:-

https://www.guzzitech.com/component/jm ... /1181.html

Since then,the only problem over the past 40000k's or so is a cracked collector pipe. (I'll blame the bloody fantasic roads over here for contributing to that). Which no doubt may of also been a result of a Staintune exhaust which I was running earlier in the piece, hitting the ground on the odd occassion on off camber bends. (joys of riding two up, with a bit of weight on the bike -would hate to think what the pipe would of looked like if I didn't have a heavier spring on the rear.)

Needless to say I got rid of the staintune. Replaced it with a conical Mistral can, and problem solved. Attached you will find a few picks of the differences.

Went to a rally last weekend and had a few people coming over and admiring the Guzzi, one guy in particular ( a current BMW owner) came by three times over the course of weekend, saying he always wanted a Guzzi but at the last minute decided not to take the plunge.

Like you he was curious to see what issues I've had since owning it, based on the milage I've got on the bike.
I mentioned issues noted above, but I think he was sold when I said that despite the earlier issues I encountered I would buy another without hesitation - No questions asked.

Attachments

• scraping.jpg
    scraping.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 630
  • staintune exhaust.jpg
    staintune exhaust.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 635
  • Mistral exhaust.jpg
    Mistral exhaust.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 631
  • difference in height.jpg
    difference in height.jpg