• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Tires

I've had Roadsmarts for about 3000 so far. Very good indeed. Managed a couple of times to deck the centre stand so no problem with grip! Good in the wet, too. Cost me £220 ride in - ride out at Bikers' world/Wheelhouse tyres, Coleshill, just off M6 north of Brum.

Attachments

• StelvioJess.jpg
    StelvioJess.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 713
Pirelli Scorpion Trail Dual Sport Tires - Rear @ 160 60 17
woulld this fit and be safe with the standard rim
instead of 180 55 17
john

I have the Scorpion Trail on my Multistrada 1200 and am very pleased with their overall performance. I'm not sure of longevity, as I have less than 1,500 miles on them (so far). I previously had an 06 Multistrada 1000S and on that I used, at various times, the OEM Scorpion Sync (didn't like, irrespective of mileage), Pilot 2CT (liked a lot, but mileage terrible), Pilot Road 2 (very good mileage, but soft in the sidewalls and uncertain in aggressive riding) and Sportmax Q2 (excellent performance, ok mileage).

If you are using the Stelvio for occasional off-road riding, I think you'll find the Scorpion Trail a good choice. They handle the rain well and are very predictable on the pavement. They are not as sticky as a pure road tire, but sticky enough, and the Stelvio isn't a bike you'd buy for sport bike performance.

On my Norge, which I have not used off road, I've been very pleased with the Dunlop Road Smart and recommend it enthusiastically -- very long lasting, excellent performance in twisties even on this big bike, and outstanding in the rain. It has a firm sidewall which I think generates a lot of confidence when riding these heavier bikes.

I've ordered my NTX rim and I think I'm gonna try a set of these.

attachment.php

Heidenau K60 Scouts.

They're getting really good reviews over on ADV. Sound like a good dualie tire.

Them rascals are expensive here in the states.

I put a set of Tourance on my bike 2K miles ago, got them on super sale back in the winter for $235/set.

I purchase a set of Shinko's for $140 about a month ago as back up when the Tourances wear out.

The wife and I both have a set of the Shinko's on our F650GS's they work really well aired down to about 25 psi in the dirt.

On my second set of the Shinko 705's and quite happy with them. Got around 15k out of the rear. Not bad for $109 to my door for a rear tire.

The Shinko's are very attractively priced.

15,000 miles or kilometers?

How are they in the rain? I've also been considering the Anakee 2's. Has anyone used them?

That would be Kilometers. Worked fine running through Pennsylvania in major rain at 80+mph (i 81) and even on twisty stuff they worked at least as good as tourances while playing in N.C. I have never run Anakee's so I cant compare em.
I do find the front wears quite hard and run it a little softer than I did the Tourance to compensate.
All in all a great tire for the price in my opinion.

Thanks.

They look great and the price is awesome. I think I'm gonna try a set out.

Ordered a pair from Motorcycle Warehouse. $130 delivered for the front and rear. :lol:

How can you go wrong?

Back