• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Racer

andyals

Tuned and Synch'ed
Anyone seen it ?
I did, yesterday for the first time, and I'm very tempted to get it.
Looking around on various review sites, I see that the biggest gripe is the fact it "only" has 50bhp.
I don't know why Guzzi get such a hard time for producing an old school racer with 50bhp.
What short memories we have.
I can think of some other great modern(ish) day Cafe Racers such as the Honda GB500 Clubman / Honda Bros 650 / Yamaha SRX600 / Yamaha RD350LC, to name but a few, that had the same if not less outright power than the Guzzi, but you never hear of those bikes getting a hard time over it.
Give Moto Guzzi a break ffs.

Figure on closer to 40bhp at the back wheel but if you are happy with that then its not a problem. I do think that nearly £8k is a lot of money for one of these, considering you can buy a nearly new V7 Classic for £4k.

Hallo out there... Just bought a V7 racer and it is worth every euro i spend on it. Stunning machine, good roadholding and so much fun to ride! 48 hp was OK back in those days and actually still is!
People stop their van to come and talk to me what this motorbike is......

Greetz from holland

robert

I Just bought one as well. Number 127. It's fantastic. I have more fun than i used to on my Kawasaki zx6r.

#11 in New Jersey?

Attachments

• IMG_20110802_173109 (600 x 452).jpg
    IMG_20110802_173109 (600 x 452).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,253
Ha, you guys out there in USA have a black gastank... mine (europe) is chrome.
Had the first service today, it even runs better now. Had some trouble in the beginning with an oil mist coming from the vent hoses from the cylinderheads. They are tightened now. problem solved. I did the fist 700 mls in four days, and had so much fun with this bike. It makes people stop their cars to take a closer look...
It would be nice to know where in the world all the bikes went to. mine (#907) is in the netherlands...

I just got the new issue of 'Gambalunga' the UK Guzzi club magazine. There's an article in it saying a V7 Racer won the Best Cafe Racer award at the Vintage Motorcycle Club's Festival of 1000 Bikes. It seems the judges thought it was a home built special!

Does anyone know what is the total production run of these numbered bikes? There are so many available here in UK that it seems it's an 'unlimited edition'! My local dealer has 3 in stock and there are another 6 advertising them on ebay. I haven't found any dealer who hasn't got one available and on the Guzzi website it's listed like it's an on-going production model. I think its a fantastic looking bike, but if I wanted a genuinely special V7 I'd go for one of the 'built to order' ones that Corsa Italiana do like their 'Tenni V7' (see Madfatjake's photo above) or their 'Telaio Rosso'.

my V7R is # 0907 so i guess there are about a thousand made nowadays... i read in some revieuw that Guzzi decided to make the racer as long as there is a market....

greetz from Holland... (raining cats and dogs here...)

We've had a passle of rain this season here in SE Wisconsin, USA but only water, we leave the cats and dogs at home :D (better than Vietnam in the late 60s where the rain was accompanied from time to time with mortor shells)

Sunny today when I took the '10 California Vintage out for an early two hour ride for breakfast at a nice cafe in a small town just North of the Illinois border and then back to strafe the country roads on my '98 Centauro before finishing up for an hour or so on Racer # 027. The Racer is lighter feeling than the Centauro or my '08 1200 Sport with the Stage one kit, albeit down on power from the latter two. Nonetheless, a sweet handling and beautiful bike.

Sitting on my back porch now with an after dinner cigar looking out on peaceful Lake Micigan after an enjoyable Three Guzzi Day. Dave

@ Will, how could the jury overlook the iniezione elletronico system behind the cylinders... Obviously not a "well restored, home build special "......

@ Dave, i alternate with my Ducati Monstre...but actually never on the same day!
no worries about the cat and the dog, they are purring in the kitchen ;)

greetz RoB

#53 just left the Moto-Nexus showroom in Hendersonville NC, for Florida Saturday :D (not mine :( )

Bill

Nice there is one at my Local Guzzi toy store. Neat bike! When I got my V7 2009 there was one pick and it had to be white!

Back