• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Edelweiss Bike Travels High Alpine Tour

BravoBravo

Cruisin' Guzzisti
My wife Gail and I recently did the Edelweiss High Alpine Tour. Awesome experience! This was my first time in Europe. The bike they provided was a BMW R1200RT. That's us in the attached pic on our way up the Grossglockner Pass in Austria. In retrospect, I wish I had opted for an 800. The RT was a bit of a heavy pig going through the many switchbacks on those mountain roads. Otherwise, it was a great bike. It was powerful, smooth, and had a very comfortable seat. We even had a chance to do a brief 160 kph blast down part of the Autobahn. After the tour was done, we rented a car and traveled around Austria, Italy, and Germany for four more days. I made sure to work in a stop at the Moto Guzzi museum in Mandello del Lario. As most of you know, it is only open one hour a day during week days (3-4 PM.) Very cool place. I told Gail I felt like I was in a shrine. She kind of rolled her eyes and said, "Yeah, me too." :D

Cheers,

Bruce

Attachments

• Alps Trip IMG_0936.jpg
    Alps Trip IMG_0936.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 1,493
  • Europe 284125_2194997751104_1132001064_2609829_3834324_n.jpg
    Europe 284125_2194997751104_1132001064_2609829_3834324_n.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,493
  • Europe 223860_2193953164990_1132001064_2608187_1848432_n.jpg
    Europe 223860_2193953164990_1132001064_2608187_1848432_n.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,493
Hi Bruce,

really nice route :mrgreen: .
HAT_HighAlpineTour_2011.jpg

http://www.edelweissbike.com/en/allTour ... -tour.html

this route combines the most famous roads and passes in this area.
Großglockner, Sella Ronda (Passo Pordoi, Grödner Joch, Falzarego, Passi di Giau), Passo di Stelvio .........

I suppose you had a lot of traffic there, especially at Großglockner - to be honest - Großglockner is a road you have to be done as Austrian (where I come from), but there are a lot more exciting passes with much less traffic. Großglocker without traffic and road charge would be perfect. But with all the other highlights - a really fine route with lots of fun. I can imagine that for a guy who is used to highways and really wide roads some of them were challenging. Especially with a bus coming across in a U-turn :mrgreen: . Most of them we "pick up" on our tours, beside many other much smaller and not so famous passes with much less traffic and even more fun.
But "Sella Ronda" and Stelvio are always mandatory :lol: .
In this area you can make holidays every year and find new exciting roads every time. Perfect for motorbiking.
We also take some days each year and go with our "sharp"= 240hp+ Mini Cooper S there :mrgreen: .
http://www.hobbycaptain.at/video/PASSO_PORDOI.WMV

the same with a R1200GS from someone in youtube

really nice Europe travel
cool.gif

ferdi said:
Hi Bruce,

really nice route :mrgreen: .
HAT_HighAlpineTour_2011.jpg

http://www.edelweissbike.com/en/allTour ... -tour.html

this route combines the most famous roads and passes in this area.
Großglockner, Sella Ronda (Passo Pordoi, Grödner Joch, Falzarego, Passi di Giau), Passo di Stelvio .........

I suppose you had a lot of traffic there, especially at Großglockner - to be honest - Großglockner is a road you have to be done as Austrian (where I come from), but there are a lot more exciting passes with much less traffic. Großglocker without traffic and road charge would be perfect. But with all the other highlights - a really fine route with lots of fun. I can imagine that for a guy who is used to highways and really wide roads some of them were challenging. Especially with a bus coming across in a U-turn :mrgreen: . Most of them we "pick up" on our tours, beside many other much smaller and not so famous passes with much less traffic and even more fun.
But "Sella Ronda" and Stelvio are always mandatory :lol: .
In this area you can make holidays every year and find new exciting roads every time. Perfect for motorbiking.
We also take some days each year and go with our "sharp"= 240hp+ Mini Cooper S there :mrgreen: .
http://www.hobbycaptain.at/video/PASSO_PORDOI.WMV

the same with a R1200GS from someone in youtube

really nice Europe travel
cool.gif

Hello Ferdi. Yes, some of the roads were quite a bit more challenging than what I am accustomed to, especially when sharing those sharp turns with buses and trucks! :D Everyone we met was totally welcoming and nice. We were also very impressed with how neat and tidy it was wherever we went. No garbage, no litter. Just beautiful scenery everywhere.

Best regards,

Bruce

norton369 said:
Well I'm jealous now! :mrgreen:

It was a once-in-a-lifetime trip, Guy! We will be paying for it for a while yet! :shock:

Cheers,

Bruce

BravoBravo said:
norton369 said:
Well I'm jealous now! :mrgreen:

It was a once-in-a-lifetime trip, Guy! We will be paying for it for a while yet! :shock:

Cheers,

Bruce

Might as well spend it now before the worlds banking system collapses completely later this week. :eek:

I was on the Grossglockner on 27th June and saw a group of riders from Edelweiss tours- was it yourself?

Cheers

Guy

guzzirider said:
I was on the Grossglockner on 27th June and saw a group of riders from Edelweiss tours- was it yourself?

Cheers

Guy

No, we were on the Grossglockner on July 18 - it would have been the same tour route though, just an earlier group.

Best regards,

Bruce

great photos Bruce.
next time we get together we'll be able to compare notes!

greg said:
great photos Bruce.
next time we get together we'll be able to compare notes!

Thanks Greg. Have a great trip! I will look forward to seeing your pics as well.

Cheers,

Bruce

Back