• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fuel mileage Griso 8V

Kid Thunder

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I have a 2009 Griso 8V. When it was new with the stock map it got 35 mpg tops. I added a Termi pipe with db killer & #068 map. It went up to 37 mpg. This year started with a recall for a rear main seal. They put 15W50 oil(Had 10W60 in it)in it. Took it to Laconia for bike week. My son rode it back because his R6 died(reg/rec). I told him to ride how he wanted. He confessed to 135 mph. Got 40 mpg. I rode it for the next couple of weeks & got 39 mpg then 40 then 41.
Went out last weekend & did all back road riding with two Yamaha FZ-1s. Winding it up on the straight aways to keep up & blasting out of corners. No highways. After 152 miles got 42.2 mpg!!! It now has 11,000 miles
Not complaining but why the change? Not a small change, but 35-42 plus!!
Maybe the oil but I think it just broke in, maybe. My buddy couldn't believe it. He said I was always the first to stop for gas!

I just rolled past 4000 miles on mine and starting to get a bit better gas mileage, 35mpg. Do mostly highway miles 6 gear, 4.5k rpm and 80-85 mph. get maybe 109 miles per tank before the light turns on and usually put 3.6 gal in. I always have scratched my head when others post their 42 mpg numbers. maybe i need to bring it up to 135 :lol:

It must be the lighter gravitational pull near equator.

Before #068 MAP ~ 17.5km/l or 41mpg
After #068 MAP ~ 19.0km/l or 44.5mpg

My bike has 13,000km (8125miles) on the odo now and consistently see 250km+ (192miles) when the reserve light lit.

Phang

Yeah I use to get 33-35mpg, then did the PC V/autotune/Guzzitech ECU flash/ GuzziTech Right Side GTX exhaust and rode it for another 2k miles so it has 3k miles on it now and the gas mileage has started to climb to 37.5mpg with a mix of in town and highway. The engine has gotten much smoother also in the last 1k miles... I would venture that the motor is breaking in.

Re: Fuel mileage Griso 8V o

My 09 G12 (068 map) only has 2k miles on it. The intake and exhaust are both all stock. My gas mileage is greatly effected by my body position and my right wrist. I'm way too big for my frame (fat) so if I bend my elbows more and lean slightly forward I can see a 4 or 5 mpg increase by resetting the dash readout at a steady throttle. I also have a Throttlemeister. I've see high 30's to very low 40's on a few occasions. I often fill the tank in my garage from cans so I seldom get a whole tank mileage reading.

All the best,

Mark

Yeah, I was always stunned by other people getting 42 mpg but that is what i am getting! No lies, I was very acturate on refills. I did get as low as 33 mpg at one time. I kept thinking the low fuel light was burned out!!

On my last tank on Nera yesterday, I was getting close to empty...too close for comfort, or so I thought.

115.1 miles, fuel light came on before 100 miles, and the "trip" gas icon came on at 105.8. When I filled up, I put in 3.623 gallons, for almost 32 MPG. Theoretically, that means I had about .88 gallons left, or 20 miles or so, right?

6372044103_6b39da3edd_z.jpg

On my 2011 SE (13,000 miles to date; factory-set fuel mapping - dunno what version it is) the "low fuel" light comes on steady at 110-120 miles, after which I better find a gas station in no more than 35 miles - I learned that the hard way :oops:

All motors consume more fuel when new... for Guzzi engines, they tend to *start* to break in ~10-12k miles. My 150k mile Jackal is still going strong.
Depending on riding style, outside air temps and a myriad of other factors, your mileage will vary. :S

Hi,

my Griso 1200 has done about 10.000 km (6250 mls) now.
With my Mistral high rise exhaust, open air filter, adjusted mapping (much power and very good torque...)
my Griso consumes between 1 ltr/14 km (33 Mpg US, 39.6 Mpg UK) and 1 ltr/20 km (47 Mpg US, 56.5 UK).
Am I playing,fighting with the Guz at country roads or driving the easy way long distance... :mrgreen:
Most of the time 1 ltr/16 km (38 Mpg US, 45.5 Mpg UK) average.
The reserve light start mostly at 180/210 km (112/131 mls), most of the time I drive ± 30 km more.

It's okay for me.
Ad B

Greyo said:
On my 2011 SE (13,000 miles to date; factory-set fuel mapping - dunno what version it is) the "low fuel" light comes on steady at 110-120 miles, after which I better find a gas station in no more than 35 miles - I learned that the hard way :oops:

I'm used to carburated engines. How do you start a fuel injected one after it's ran out of gas? Have to do anything special to the fuel pump?

schimenator said:
Greyo said:

I'm used to carburated engines. How do you start a fuel injected one after it's ran out of gas? Have to do anything special to the fuel pump?
Well, in my case, I just pushed the bike to the nearest gas station (luckily it was nearby), filled the tank, and the engine started just fine.

Isn't running out of gas hard on fuel pumps.

By the way I just put gas in mine for the first time. It's a learning experience. First bike without a center stand. I had to gas it up while on it.

Yes it can be if you do it all the time. The pump is sitting in the fuel & that keeps it cool. When you run low it exposes more of the pump.
Ed, it's funny, the Griso used to vibrate everything on the bike at 5000 RPM. After about 5000 miles it stopped doing that!! It still vibrates at 5000 but much less than when NEW. 4000 RPM seems to be the smoothest RPM.

Back