• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Condensation in speedo

hugzy

Tuned and Synch'ed
I've read something about this before on this forum but can't really remember what the cure was, I've had the clock resealed by the Guzzi dealer but it's still the same, as soon as the sun shines the clock steams up, I've got a screen on my Griso and since I've had it its never been out in the rain yet still its wet on the inside. Does anyone know of a good cure for this before the computer starts swimming.

Well, it´s not a cure but I had my speedo cloud up on my Griso but after a short ride it allways cleared. I didn´t do anything about it as it was only a minor problem after each wash.

Mine does the same thing and it's never been out in the rain. I use a micro fiber towel with a spray bottle of water and then some Honda spray polish. My speedo fogged up a lot last week in the sun. From about the 2 on the tach over to the lower third on the right side. The fog covers up the odometer and trip readouts. The fog went away eventually but it sure doesn't seem to be working as designed in my book. I have the small Guzzi flyscreen on it. Any suggestions to actually prevent it from fogging up would be great.

Does this also happen on the Brevas and Norges?

Thank You,

Mark

I thought they'd cured this now :roll:

Best way to deal with it I've heard is remove the dash face and dri the whole dash out either with a hairdrier or in a VERY LOW oven. Then quickly re-seal it with adequate silastic, (ie, more than digitek do!). Some people also drill small vent holes in the loer rear of the dash to allow air to circulate through it but I'm a bit shy of that idea for obvious reasons.

FWIW my dash mists a bit but never to the extent of forming actual water droplets but I do live in one of the driest habitable areas on earth.

Pete

Chicago Mark said:
Does this also happen on the Brevas and Norges?

Thank You,

Mark

Yes, but here is a write up for the cure. I'd just do the dremel part to improve venting.

Attachments

• Clocks1.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 452
Guzzi will cover this under warranty . The dealer told me to take pics of it fogging up and send them in . I had a new dash put in free of charge and no more fogging since . It was a day ride to and from and about an hour to replace it but well worth it as the part is $ 1200.00 .

Good luck with yours,
Steve

steve lindsay said:
Guzzi will cover this under warranty . The dealer told me to take pics of it fogging up and send them in . I had a new dash put in free of charge and no more fogging since . It was a day ride to and from and about an hour to replace it but well worth it as the part is $ 1200.00 .

Good luck with yours,
Steve

Thanks Steve!
I just left the dealer and they told me the same thing.
Guessing the new Dash is working well?
Brian

brian1 said:
steve lindsay said:

Good luck with yours,
Steve

Thanks Steve!
I just left the dealer and they told me the same thing.
Guessing the new Dash is working well?
Brian

No problems so far . Cooler weather coming here soon so the new dash will definitely be tested . I just got back from a three day ride were the temp varied 20 degrees cent. from morning to mid-day and no problem . Good to hear your dealer will look after you . Cheers, Steve

Just picked up the '07 Bellagio, evidence of fogging and moisture inside.

1. Do they replace dashes when bike is outside warranty (in Australia)?
2. Is the Bella dash fix same as Griso?

Has anyone done the speedo fix on the 8v Griso?

I got some misting in the clocks today. Can you do the dremel thing with the clocks in place?

Another suggestion was to take the face off and dry out. Is that simply a matter of taking the screws out and lifting it off?

Any advice on this greatly appreciated. Can I just undo the screws holding the clock face on and lift it off. Then dry out with a hair drier?

Any issues to consider lifting the face off?

No, you have to take the fascia off and un-bolt the unt. Disconnect the dash and lift it out as a unit. Once out the screen cover can be gently pried off, (Its sort of clipped on with 'Ears' to the main body.) dried out and re-sealed with sufficient silastic to actually seal it!!

There was a thread on the previous version of the forum I believe that covers a long term remedy. It is written for a Breva dash, but the same principal applies, add some drain holes/vents at the lowest points of the dash unit. Then seal the face up well on assembly. I would only disassemble enough to get to the plastic on the back to make the additional drains. I've included a PDF file I created from that post.

Attachments

• Clocks1.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 304
Recently bought 2020 California Eldorado 1400 from dealer which has 2 yr warranty, speedometer fogging around glass 15 minutes into ride . Will dealership replace speedometer with having a 2 year warranty thanks Ronnie

Recently bought 2020 California Eldorado 1400 from dealer which has 2 yr warranty, speedometer fogging around glass 15 minutes into ride . Will dealership replace speedometer with having a 2 year warranty thanks Ronnie
All you can do is ask. If you don't ask, the answer is always no.

Back