• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Throttle Cruise

tomsp

Tuned and Synch'ed
Anyone using a cruise control - what types are out there for Stelvio? and will cruise control like throttle meister work with the grip guards in place?

I installed the Throttle Meister, works great. Ended up having to use a longer bolt and a buddy milled a modified end cap to accommodate the handgaurds. :D

Place a fat o-ring between the grip and housing. There will be enough friction to give you a dead throttle. It will stay where you place it which means you can't releae it to have the springs return the TBs to the closed position.

Another vote for the Throttle Miester here! Top notch quality (and price :eek:hmy:). How many O-rings would it take to equal the cost of it?

Throttlemeister lists the Griso but not the Stelvio - will the Griso model fit the Stelvio? :eek:

A pic would help too of the modified machine part to fit the grip guard... thanks!

I have a Vista Cruise on my Stelvio - not a true "cruise control" but rather, a throttle lock. I find it very useful for allowing my throttle hand to take short breaks on a long trip. It is also a fraction of the price of the Throttlemeister setup.

http://www.gadgetjq.com/throttlelock.htm

Cheers,

Bruce

I always prefered the Vista Cruise. Easy to use, and the price is right. But it interfers with the wiring for the heated grips, so it doesn't work for me. I ended up using a ThrottleMeister.

Wayne Orwig said:
I always prefered the Vista Cruise. Easy to use, and the price is right. But it interfers with the wiring for the heated grips, so it doesn't work for me. I ended up using a ThrottleMeister.

Wayne, do you have aftermarket heated grips? I have the factory grip heaters, and my Vista Cruise does not interfere with the wiring.

Bruce

Twisted Throttle carries the Kaoko cruise control. Kaokos look like OEM parts. Kaoko is currently completing the design of the Stelvio NTX version (with handguards).

I modified my buddies B11 Kaoko to work on his Stelvio but the B11 version is missing the peg to fit into the OE handguard.

Just did a 2000 mile week, and had this, which I bought on a whim:

http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

http://www.aerostich.com/go-cruisetm-throttle-control-1.html

1757_1b_1.jpg

5 second install, one finger control, utterly unnoticeable until you want to use it. And only $20.

I just barely lift my pointer finger from the brake and poke it in place. Same thing to tweak it up or down. Roll off the throttle as normal and it resets.

I am astounded. Two thumbs way up.

:D :D
Throttle Meister install with custom aluminum end cap.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 380
fine - bigtex - can the clip clear the grip guard? I used one similar on a Honda FTR100F

pnguzzi - what did you have to do to mill the end ss cap? looks good both look good :shock:

The end cap was milled by a friend out of aluminum, relatively easy. If I remember correctly only a longer bolt was required to accommodate the hand guards. I believe without the hand gourds the stock setup will work.

Just removed my throttlemeisters from my 1200 sport due to the installation of stelvio handguards... now I just need to come up with a throttlelock solution... I don't really understand why the handguards and stelvio bar ends have to be "slotted". Not sure what difference it would really make, but then again luigi likely tested it and found a reason for it.

SKurj said:
Just removed my throttlemeisters from my 1200 sport due to the installation of stelvio handguards... now I just need to come up with a throttlelock solution... I don't really understand why the handguards and stelvio bar ends have to be "slotted". Not sure what difference it would really make, but then again luigi likely tested it and found a reason for it.

Really not difficult to make the custom washer as pictured above, I had it milled and cut the slots myself for the handgrips. :)

It's interesting to me that no one is considering installation of a true cruise control rather than a throttle lock -- unless the Seb's Cruise Control that was mentioned is such a unit.

I've used throttle locks before on bikes to hold a constant engine RPM but I currently have a Rostra CC on my Wee-Strom (and had an Audiovox CC on my previous C-14). I much prefer them because they hold a constant vehicle speed.

Is there a technical reason that would keep a person from installing a Rostra CC on a Stelvio?

Thanks for your responses.

For me, installing a real cruise control is not worth my time. I would seldom use it, and the few straight roads I would use it on, a simple throttle lock is close enough.
It would take hours (days) to figure out a good install. I would only get a few hours use out of it over the life of the bike. And it would end up being a more complex point of failure that I poured $$ into. Plus it would take up space and add weight.
Very low return on investment for me.

Are there any debates/data about safety issues of CC on bikes?
I am afraid of many that can go wrong under add-on servo control.

Back