• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Supplemental Fuel Tank

BravoBravo

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hello Stelvio fans. I recently sent a message to Stucchi Luigi inquiring about when the auxiliary fuel tank will be back in production. Here is the reply I received:

Hello Bruce,

we confirm you that the long range tank will be ready approximately for the second week of September; at that time we will be able to communicate also its price and real availability in the section “news” on our website http://www.stucchiluigi.it

Many thanks and best regards.

Anna

STUCCHI LUIGI SRL

Sounds like they are pretty close to releasing the revised version of the tank.

Cheers,

Bruce

WitchCityBallabio said:
It'll be interesting to see what they changed.

and the price too! The old version was very expensive I think: I hope this tank will cost 350 or 400 euros. It's always possible to dream...

Franck

August2011006-vi.jpg

Yes I am wondering what they have changed and why?

StelvioGT said:
August2011006-vi.jpg

Yes I am wondering what they have changed and why?

I am very curious about that too Dane. You didn't have any problems with yours, did you?

Bruce

I ended up returning my tank, the control relay system kept having problems, couldn't depend on it.
Hoping the new one will be simpler/less fussy. Looking forward to it. :D

No Bruce I have had no problems at all with mine, worked every time I've pushed the button. I love it when touring!

Is the aux tank compatible with other side racks, such as the removable SW Motech, or only the Moto Guzzi accessory racks?

I saw it last week when they showed us around the factory, it's an extra 14 litres, slightly more powerful pump that the one in the standard tank. The price they told me was 590 euro (I think that's now on their site so official)

I recently wrote to MG Cycle asking about the revised Stucchi Luigi auxiliary gas tank for the Stelvio. On September 22, 2011, I received this reply to my inquiry:

At this time we have no information. Watch the website, as soon as we have new price and availability information we will post it. The early version was $826.34, I expect the new version to be priced similarly. If you really want to reserve one for yourself regardless of the final cost or time frame, give me a call at 888 464 2925 M-Th between 9am and 5pm CST.

Gordon
MG CYCLE

As of today, Stucchi Luigi's website still lists this item as "out of stock."
http://www.stucchiluigi.it/product.php?id_product=9822

Can you imagine one of these tanks on a 2012 Stelvio? You'd have a 500+ mile range. Wear a camelback and some padded underwear, and you could ride all day without stopping (not that I'd recommend doing that).

Oh well, I have had my order in for one ever since I purchased the Stelvio in June. Perhaps I'll have it before next riding season.... Sometimes it is nice to turn necessary stops into strategic stops instead, like getting through a large city and then stopping for fuel. Thus far, I am good for 175 miles for sure and maybe a few more. I do like the warm fuzzy feeling of additional fuel.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

edit: after getting used to the glove box, and liking its usefulness, I don't think I would want the large tank Stelvio. But, that is just me.

zoom zoom said:
Oh well, I have had my order in for one ever since I purchased the Stelvio in June. Perhaps I'll have it before next riding season.... Sometimes it is nice to turn necessary stops into strategic stops instead, like getting through a large city and then stopping for fuel. Thus far, I am good for 175 miles for sure and maybe a few more. I do like the warm fuzzy feeling of additional fuel.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

edit: after getting used to the glove box, and liking its usefulness, I don't think I would want the large tank Stelvio. But, that is just me.

I agree, John Henry. I like the glove box as well. It is the perfect place to keep my garage door opener, as well as travel documents when I cross the border into the U.S. I must admit I am getting a little anxious about the Stucchi tank, as it now seems to have disappeared completely from the MG Cycle website, and is still shown as "out of stock" on the Stucchi Luigi site. I think this auxiliary tank would make the Stelvio just about perfect as a long-distance traveling companion, so I sure hope they will be forthcoming in the near future. Like you, I have had mine on order since the early summer.

Cheers,

Bruce

Gordon at MG Cycle advises that the new version of the Stucchi long-range tanks should be arriving in 2-3 weeks.

Watch out world, there will be no stopping us come springtime! :D

Bruce

This is Stucchi's response to my original inquiry:
We inform you that the auxiliary tank will be available at the end of October.
Please let us know if you want to order this article and how do you want to pay: we'll immediately reserve it for you and send you these parts as soon as possible.
In case of order we need to know the address, telephone number and kind of payment do you want to use.

The payment can be done cash on delivery, by credit card, through paypal or with a bank transfer (by cash it would cost you more)

Credit card we need:
- owner of the card
- credit card numbers
- expiry date
- security number (it's in the rear side of the card and it's composed by the last 3 numbers)

If you want, when the pack will be ready, I’ll send you the pro forma invoice with total amount and I’ll send you directly from Paypal website the payment request: using this system you won’t have to tell me your credit card details.

Bank transfer: as soon as we'll have the total amount including expedition's price, we'll make you an e-mail with a copy of the order and our bank information.

Thank you for your cooperation and best regards

Anna

STUCCHI LUIGI SRL
Http://www.stucchiluigi.it

I just ordered the Aux Tank directly from Stucchi Luigi yesterday. I just received their reply:

Dear Customer, and We would like to inform you that his order, reference 9/10/11 , will be shipped within the next 12 hours. Thank you for your choice and we renew our availability Stucco Team.

Babylon 9 translator

I still don't know what the cost will be as I haven't received the pro forma invoice yet. I was surprised that it would be ready to ship so soon.

Thanks for the good news about the availability of the aux tank. I have e mailed Gordon at MG cycles as to his availability and price.
How hard will this be to install?
StelvioGT did you do it or have someone do it for you?
Andy

The Stucchi Luigi website shows the price w/o tax at $492.09. They quoted a shipping cost of $75 Eu to Los Angeles, so I'd guess that the final price will be in the neighborhood of $800 USD. There are some pictures I found on ADVrider that show some of the installation process for the first edition.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthre ... 58&page=92

As Bruce already said, we'll be ready next Spring.

I am eagerly awaiting its arrival. Been waiting since June when I placed my order.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

Well, I guess we're on Italian time, or the translation wasn't entirely accurate. I received a follow up message today from Anna at Stucchi Luigi: " we have received your order and we’ll send you the payment request, hopefully within the beginning of next week." So, hopefully it will be on it's way to me before the end of next week!

Back