• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Outlaw Ride '09 4/27-4/29

Lupo

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Lupo's Outlaw Ride 2009 "Ride Where They Rode" 4/27-4/29

This is going to be very "not a rally" and I'm making changes due to small group size and cost considerations. After sharing ideas with others who do plan on making the ride, I think the cost to do the Saloon shoot is not worth the effort. I believe we could do as well ourselves setting up a shoot in Bisbee for free. In many ways Bisbee is more authentic and without the tourist trap props.

Rooms will be as last year, grab them as we need them. Also as I did last year, I'll lay out a few different routes so we can adjust for the weather conditions. We were lucky last year to not have ice on 191. At 9000 ft. elevation, we need to have an alternate plan. Another change from last year will be shorter days and distances so we have more time to visit and take pictures. That's another reason to grab rooms on the go. As for T-shirts, I'll make some up in various sizes and and we can deal with that later.

Monday will still be a day for some local riding around the Tucson area. We'll leave Marana Tuesday morning around 7AM to head for Tombstone and Bisbee. Wednesday will be up 191 or an alternate route at lower elevations. I'll watch the weather and try to find the best route.

Larry "Lupo" Andrade
motolupo@netscape.net

Re:Outlaw Ride '09 at Big Nose Kate's Saloon

You should consider each of you putting an inflateable doll on the back dressed in white pajamas and a little sombrero.....give the local yokels something to wonder about.

border1.JPG

Do be careful Bond.

Just to fill in those who weren't on the last Outlaw Ride, the owner of Big Nose Kate's http://www.bignosekate.com/said we could bring the bikes in the saloon for a shoot. Think about that. We will make history. Talk about photo op;)

Sounds good. I will try to hold some time open.

Larry -
Will you be off probation by then?
Looks like I need to start shopping for a different-colored helmet....

Tequila, the border patrol dropped time off the probation after I testified about Darrel:laugh: We'll be good this time.........err, we 'll try. Yea that's it, we won't act like Outlaws:dry: or we'll talk our way out of trouble again;)

Jetboy, this is your kind of gig. Please join usB) and Brian, what can I say. I'm surprised you didn't make it last year. I'll be looking forward to seeing you.

Jetboy, this is your kind of gig. Please join us and Brian, what can I say. I'm surprised you didn't make it last year. I'll be looking forward to seeing you.

The gods of planning seem to be against me these days.

The last (first) outlaw run was during the period of my retirement, moving, cramming two houses into one, sale of old house, and my wife’s detached retina two surgeries and almost recovery. Just found out today that her peeper has re detached itself and we are back to square one. Recovery from such things is slow with several surgeries to follow.

If all sorts it’s self out by next year I hope to be there.

Larry -
I've had a very recent opportunity to work on my curbside manner, which I'll have to PM you about....
Some very marked similiarities to our earlier experience...... As they say, "practice makes perfect", no?

O.K. ...no broken ankles or busted elbows I hope?
You do know Jammie, that your arriving home unscathed is ( to me) the perfect rideB)

Outlaw Law

Need to start planning my vacation time now for this trip.

How many days should we plan for the entire trip?
Will we be taking the super slab (I-10) all the way to Tombstone, or using some of the two lane roads to get there?
How far up the 191? Back up to the 40 to come back? Or go into Utah? Further up?
I will have 5 vacation weekdays coming by the end of April. Plus I still have 2 vacation days left for this year that I can probably combine with next years. That would be a total of 11 days counting the weekends. Could pound a lot of miles in 11 days. B)

Depending on how long everyone else can be gone, I may take my two remaining days off before then for a 4 day trip some where.

Rugar,

Other than taking the I-8 I don't see many options. I live near the 62 and love using it but it takes us a little out of the way. Suggestions?

Cat City Rider wrote:
Rugar,

Other than taking the I-8 I don't see many options. I live near the 62 and love using it but it takes us a little out of the way. Suggestions?
If you have time, drop down on the 85 from the 8 at Gila Bend and across the Goldwater target range (don't worry, they don't use moving motorcycles for target practice too often:woohoo: ) and then east on 86 out of Why to 286. South on 286 about 22 miles to Arivica road and west through Arivica to I-19. South on I-19 to 82 on the north end of Nogales and then through Patagonia on 82 to Tombstone. If you have extra time to kill take a 30 minute detour on 86 to Indian Road 34 (almost guarantee you will see wild horses that want to race you) to Indian Road 15 and south back to 86. You miss the boring part of 86 this way. Also, just west of Sells take a 15 minute run up to Kitt Peak. Ice will be off the road by April. All of this will add a couple hours to your ride but you miss the Tucson road contruction so it may be a wash.

If it is time to eat when you get to Amado, stop at the Longhorn and have an Amado burger. Not to be missed.:side: Now I'm hungry :(

Jetboy wrote:
Cat City Rider wrote:
Rugar,

If you have time, drop down on the 85 from the 8 at Gila Bend and across the Goldwater target range (don't worry, they don't use moving motorcycles for target practice too often:woohoo: ) and then east on 86 out of Why to 286. South on 286 about 22 miles to Arivica road and west through Arivica to I-19. South on I-19 to 82 on the north end of Nogales and then through Patagonia on 82 to Tombstone. If you have extra time to kill take a 30 minute detour on 86 to Indian Road 34 (almost guarantee you will see wild horses that want to race you) to Indian Road 15 and south back to 86. You miss the boring part of 86 this way. Also, just west of Sells take a 15 minute run up to Kitt Peak. Ice will be off the road by April. All of this will add a couple hours to your ride but you miss the Tucson road contruction so it may be a wash.

If it is time to eat when you get to Amado, stop at the Longhorn and have an Amado burger. Not to be missed.:side: Now I'm hungry :(

Sounds great! But that's about a twelve and a half hour day for me. A little longish. Will have to give that some thought though.

Time for me to get that Zumo

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Lupo wrote:
Tequila, the border patrol dropped time off the probation after I testified about Darrel:laugh: We'll be good this time.........err, we 'll try.

Tequila and probation in one sentence ... dunno what to think of that, but it seems I've missed a sequel to the Outlaw ride video?? ;)

As to the idea of having a puppet riding pillion ... shouldn't that one coated in tar with chicken feathers? :silly:

Hey Larry, not the signature curbside manner I displayed at the start of Arivaca RD - I was referring to the one about 10 miles before it - the one you all witnessed out of the corners of your right eyes as you all rode by like total strangers.... I had some recent practice with that one.
And yes, if tequila and probation don't crop up in the same sentence, then it wasn't a true Outlaw Ride, right? I got dibs on the tequila part; Lupo and Darrel - and uh, Tyler - can handle the probation/warrant part - again.... Val, I sure could use some assistance with my duties - whatdya say?

Cat City Rider wrote:
Rugar,

That's always the problem on planning group trips like this. Riders will be starting from so many different locations, we need to figure out a general route that each rider can hook up with the rest along the way. We have guys coming from the LA area, San Bernardino, Riverside, San Diego, and the desert such as yourself. Along with who knows where else.

last year we had to make the same decision and we picked the less desirable but shorter time...I-10 to phx bypass (I-8) back to I-10 it was about 8hrs in the saddle...if we would of added the fun detours would have been 12+hrs. last year is still kind of a blur we (Todd and I) met up with Tyler just into AZ at a gas stop then don't remember how but met up with Safety Bob and Jamileh. So what will the Quote of the day be this year

Back