• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Centre stand for 8V Griso

myke8329

Tuned and Synch'ed
Does anyone know if there are any after-market centre stands for the Griso, or are there any Guzzi models with centre stands that are compatible with the Griso? I'm not interested in a service stand or a bike jack/lift. Any information would be greatly appreciated. :?:

No, I'm afraid not. It would be difficult (if not impossible) to make a centre stand due to the route the exhaust takes to the silencer.

Will is right. First I think you'd have to completely reroute the exhaust under the transmission. Then maybe, just maybe, after a bunch of modifications to the Stelvio center stand you could cobble something together. Likely much more work and money than it's worth.

I see you wrote you weren't interested in the Guzzi work stand, but it does work brilliantly for storage, service and the like.

All the best,

Mark

I cannot stop laughing at that picture! It's precisely what I need. I assume it's an original Guzzi factory accessory, but I cannot believe that they give a bottle of beer with it as well (Peroni I assume?).

That has made my day :lol:

Hi,

unfortunately Mike8329 was only interested in a on-bike centre stand.
Something a Griso doesn't have, so I won't scratch on the floor with such a nasty piece of iron.
The Becker stand works like a centre stand, but goes off when you use your Griso.

This is my Griso on a Becker stand.

Ad B

Attachments

• Griso.jpg
    Griso.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 808
myke
I purchased a Becker stand shown in the post from AD B from the local agent in Oz, details in my link below.
It is a good unit for storage and when working on the bike I can happily recommend it but it is not the only option which is worth looking at.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/180/6787.html

Mark

Thanks for the info Mark111. Was upset Becker didn't ship to US but I'll check out your information to see if I can track one down. Has anyone been able to source one of these in the US?

Yes, the Becker version is readily (or as readily as any Guzzi part is...) available in the US.
I think I got mine from MGCycle, in your neck of the woods.
However, I find it a real pain to attach/detach - I think the MG factory stand might be better.
Or (and I use this ALL the time instead of trusting Italian sidestands) the Baxley Sportschock is a great alternative.
If it works for your proposed maintenance of course.

Back