• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Just do it! Stop whinging!!!

Penis Rotor

GT Godfather!
For all those who like a good whine about shit that sometimes just happens?

6271557942_92fe566ae5_z.jpg

Kym, who posts here as 'Contractor' had his big CARC bearing gou out, most likely due to water having got in when it was washed by journalists, (Its an ex-demo.) No worries. I lent him one of my spares while I re-bearinged it and then took it up to the Spaghetti Rally this weekend. He swapped it out at the rally site, I took my spare away and he rode home. 'Man Up' people. That's how it should be done! :evil: :D

Pete

Mi_ka said:
By the way, some step-by step guide may be useful also for this.

Pull bike ovr on sidestand.

Jam plank againr rocker coverv as fail safe but support bike on chunk of wood between two rocks stuck under shock linkage.

Remove brake, wheel and speedo sensor.

Unbolt torque rod.

Unbolt CARC and swap.

Reassemble in reverse order.

Add oil to CARC.

Go ride.

In between each step take swig from stubby of beer and exchnge insults with audience of sarcatic know-it-alls who tell you you're too slow and aren't doing it right!!!!! :mrgreen:

It's how we roll down here.

Pete

Me dissapointed...
Thought he changed the bearing, not the whole CARC unit. :blush:

But I must give credit to not calling the tow truck and just DOING IT!
It is true that modern riders are just too tool shy!
(On the other hand I used to carry too much weight on many tools and never needed to wrench anything on my bikes when I was going little trips around here).

Bit difficult to change the bearing without a press. Not impossible to do it 'In the field' as it were but it would have to be a fairly desperate circumstance for me to want to try it!

Pete

1) Is that an OEM Griso shop stand and
2) Does it come in red?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pete,
seal's stil leaking (not as bad as before but enough). Haven't had a chance to get the wheel off yet, will give you a call when i get it off.

Shop stand only available in rustic colours and need to be assembled. Payment only made in Australian $s. Shipping is extra (a lot extra!!!).

Bugger. Is it the seal or the boot at the top? Theycan be a bit temperamental. I've had a couple leak again after reassembley. Gimme your Addy and I';ll get the spare off to you again.

Pete

pete roper said:
For all those who like a good whine about shit that sometimes just happens?

6271557942_92fe566ae5_z.jpg

Kym, who posts here as 'Contractor' had his big CARC bearing gou out, most likely due to water having got in when it was washed by journalists, (Its an ex-demo.) No worries. I lent him one of my spares while I re-bearinged it and then took it up to the Spaghetti Rally this weekend. He swapped it out at the rally site, I took my spare away and he rode home. 'Man Up' people. That's how it should be done! :evil: :D

Pete

So , if you wash the Carc the damn bearings go for a @#** ? :( Steve

steve lindsay said:

Yes, it can do, just as every component fitted with that same poxy breather can. V11 gearboxes are notorious for allowing water in through the breather, Smallblocks tended to puke out oil rather than let water in but same basic problem. Many other marques have equal or worse defects. Want perfection? Design and build it yourself and others will still find things you could do better. Kym has designed and built his own remote breather system. Problem solved.

Pete

Nice! Can't get more home made for a tool than a boulder! The heck with cinder blocks!

I guess if you wash you bike with a hose, you should change you rear drive oil more frequently.

pete roper said:
steve lindsay said:

Yes, it can do, just as every component fitted with that same poxy breather can. V11 gearboxes are notorious for allowing water in through the breather, Smallblocks tended to puke out oil rather than let water in but same basic problem. Many other marques have equal or worse defects. Want perfection? Design and build it yourself and others will still find things you could do better. Kym has designed and built his own remote breather system. Problem solved.

Pete

thanks Pete , do you have a thread or www. I could go to ?

Steve

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Pete I Seem to have stopped the leak. Flattened a little bit of 2mm rod and deburred it, poked it in behind the 2 outer dust lips and gently pushed on the inner lip. Ran it all the way round several times. Cleaned up the oil and have taken it for 2 test rides of 10-15km's on two seperate days both times the carc was very warm to hot and so far no leak has appeared from behind the dust cap. I haven't pulled off the wheel for a closer look but !!!!! Still have my spare seal on hand just in case so will fix you up over the W/End. Didn't think I'd pull it off but it cost me nothing to try. :) :) :)

Back