• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso slip-on muffers

Greyo

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Phang said:
PDSCN6612.jpg
Hey Phang,
are you happy with the Zard exhaust on your Griso?
Does it have a removable Db killer?

Re: Griso Picture Thread

I am very happy with the ZARD, mine is a homologated street legal version. It gives maximum grin on my face with minimum frowns from my neighbours.

The dB killer is removable, it is held by a big circlip but a very tight fit. I have tried to remove it out of curiosity but gave up eventually.

Phang

PDSCN6616.jpg

Hi Cantaloop,

I've seen this 2-mufler exhaust system and the "Daes"site more.
Very, very beautiful (take a look at "picture thread"), but the costs... auch!!
The "cheapest" way,
exhaust with Alu finish, unfinished short tailsection, license plate holder, smal turn signals €2000,- (US $ 2760)!!
The expensive way,
exhaust with carbon finish. black painted tail, licenseplate holder, smal turn signals €2340,- (US $ 3230)!!
No thanks. :sick: :sick:
I'll take mine...
A Mistral Carbon high rise exhaust, with home made db killer, mostly without :whistle:
Around €380 and €480 (US $ 525-660).

I'm still considering a smal lincense plate holder, I'm not sure about that (how wet is my back going to get...?).

Ad B

Attachments

• my griso.jpg
    my griso.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 1,553

Hi Ad B,

a motorcycle with 2 Cylinders has to breathe through 2 pipes - in my opinion. :D and the BOS-Exhaustsystem is the only that improves torque and performance. And it is legally in Germany.You may have heard about police controls in Eifel - thats where i drive my Guzzis.

15242.jpg

Cantaloop said:
Hi Ad B,

a motorcycle with 2 Cylinders has to breathe through 2 pipes - in my opinion. :D

Why?

and the BOS-Exhaustsystem is the only that improves torque and performance.

The *only*? Please! I think it's drop dead gorgeous but even with the AU$ being king of the heap I havn't been able to justify the expense. It's an awful lot of money for half a dozen HO and a couple of ft/lbs of torue. And did they require further expense?

Not knocking the system, as I said, I love it. But to claim that it is the *only* system, even the only system that meets TUV approval, is a bit disingenouous and silly and the gains are really less than impressive in the overall scheme of things as the main governing factor of limitation is the throttlebodies on the 1100's. Not the exhaust.

Pete

Hi Cantaloop,
Cantaloop said:
Hi Ad B,

a motorcycle with 2 Cylinders has to breathe through 2 pipes - in my opinion. :D and the BOS-Exhaustsystem is the only that improves torque and performance.
I can live with your statement about 2 cylinder and 2 pipes...
But on your system you go from 2 in 1 in 2... not 2 in 2 (standard front pipes with standard mid pipe).
Have you measured yourself at a powerbench?
I think your curves are from the Daes site.
My Griso, with Mistal (without db killer), BMC airfilter, modified air box, modified mapping has the folowing result on a tovami power bench. Total costs about €850,-

It will be a bit less with my better made db killer, noise is acceptebel and safe enough for driving through Germany.
I've done that last September, 2 days countryroads towards Mandello in Italy.
I didn't write it yet, but you have placed beautiful pictures of your bike and your driving.

Attachments

• Tovami result.jpg
    Tovami result.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 1,495

Hey Phang,
couple more questions about your experience with the black Zard slip-on:
1) how is the black finish holding up? Does it chip easily?
2) do you think one could easily remove the "Zard" label on it without scratching the black finish underneath?
Thanks!
Greyo

Hi Greyo,

The black finishing holds up very well. I am pretty sure it is not just a coat of black paint over the stainless steel muffler body as it looks thick and hardwearing to me, it could be black powder coated or even black ceramic coated. Not a single chip or scratch in one year/8000km (5000 miles) after I put it on.

It is easy. I peeled it off with my bare fingers, zero glue residual left on the muffle and my finger nails didn’t leave a scratch on it. I have relatively small and sharp finger nails, stubbies may not work very well here :mrgreen:

It is a nice piece of stamped aluminum, what am I going to do with it?

Phang

PDSCN6890.jpg

PDSCN6891.jpg

I just found this, could be useful to you. Mine is the one in red box.

ZARD-Griso.jpg

More information at ZARD

Phang

Cantaloop said:
Hi Ad B,

a motorcycle with 2 Cylinders has to breathe through 2 pipes - in my opinion. :D and the BOS-Exhaustsystem is the only that improves torque and performance. And it is legally in Germany.You may have heard about police controls in Eifel - thats where i drive my Guzzis.
]
Wow....
If you like a twin pipe system then fine, buy one.
But there is zero performance advantage to the two into two or two into one into two designs over a two into one design. And dyno charts mean nothing unless they are honest. Few are, and those are seldom if ever posted by people selling something.
A twin cylinder motor only fires one cylinder at a time. Why would it need two pipes to breath out of?
The whole idea of tying pipes together (two into one collectors) is to use the energy from one cylinders exhaust pulse to help start the other cylinders exhaust pulse. Diluting the equation with double mufflers only reduces this. Although it can reduce the volume level of the exhaust note. The two into two is less efficient at capturing and using that energy then either of the other two options all else being equal.
In the end these bikes are street bikes and a couple horsepower or a few ft/lbs of torque here or there mean little. Find the system that floats your boat and buy it. But please don't spew advertising garbage as fact to justify your purchase.

Hey Greyo, I don't know if you have your heart set on the Zard, but if you're considering other exhausts, I can say that I really like the GT-Rx pipe on my bike. The previous owner put it on, and he did me a big favour. I normally keep stock exhausts on all my bikes, but the GT-Rx is intoxicating. Really nice fit and finish, too.

Neither of these is my bike, but the sound is reasonably accurate.
Sounds better in person, of course.

[youtube]iuJkqKcppT4[/youtube]

[youtube]lzVdRN6-_qQ[/youtube]

Beaufort

Griso slip-on mufflers too

Hi,
My reaction (and the ones after me) about Cantaloops (and other) exhaust system is moved (by a moderator?),
to the topic "Griso slip-on muflers". :eek:
This one: https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/163/7684.html
Cataloops exhaust system is very, very beautiful, but in total to get it on your Griso, very, very expensive. :?
It's better to discus this all in that new topic, the moderators are right about that.

Ad B

Hi,
GuzziMoto said:
Cantaloop said:
Hi Ad B,

]
Wow....
If you like a twin pipe system then fine, buy one.
In the end these bikes are street bikes and a couple horsepower or a few ft/lbs of torque here or there mean little. Find the system that floats your boat and buy it. But please don't spew advertising garbage as fact to justify your purchase.
I criticized Cantaloops twin pipe system, because he wrote remarks about it, they weren’t right (in my opinion).
It looks fabulous on a Griso ;) , no doubt about that. But is also very, very expensive. :shock:
The game about horsepower and torque is a must. One of the drives to alter your bike. B)
We don't use them (all), but we know they are there... all the pony's in your cranck case...
We need that drive, it's a addiction, needed for the "Joe Bar feeling". :mrgreen:

So we go on.
Ad B

I am sorry for sounding so strong about this. And to clarify, I am all for using a system that gains the most power possible. But what I meant about it only being a couple horsepower here or a few lb/ft of torque there.... If someone wants to install a two into two system or a two into one into two system that may not make as much power as another option because they like the look of it, it just isn't a big deal. As long as they like their choice that is all that matters. Not everybody cares about power above all else. That is fine. Until they start trying to justify their choice by saying things that are not true.
I have Todds right side system on my Griso. I like the looks and it is one of the better designed systems I have seen. It could be better. The collector is a simple 2 into 1 collector, there are better designs and the collector is pretty much the most important part of a two into one system. But the difference on a Guzzi street bike is not going to be that big. As long as you are in the ball park it should be fine. My Griso with the right side collector/muffler system from Todd, full PCV / AutoTune kit, and what not, runs well. I would like to build a system with a merge collector for one of my Guzzi's some day. We'll see.

Phang said:
It is a nice piece of stamped aluminum, what am I going to do with it?

PDSCN6890.jpg
Perhaps you could sell it on eBay... :woohoo:

Thanks much for all the info!

Ad B, yes, I split this topic from the Griso picture thread, and moved your most recent post to this thread (as seen above).

Beaufort said:
Hey Greyo, I don't know if you have your heart set on the Zard, but if you're considering other exhausts, I can say that I really like the GT-Rx pipe on my bike...
Hey Beaufort,
yes, I've looked at the GT-Rx slip-ons too, and I like the one that "worms" its way to the CARC side - definitely a one-of-a-kind. Plus, with the muffler on that side, maybe one could even do without installing the CARC crashbar? :cheer:

Ideally, I'd like to buy and keep different types of slip-ons, so that I could change the "personality" of my Griso from time to time... problem is, none of them (the ones I like, at least) are cheap, so it will take a long while to get there... :(

PDSCN6612.jpg

Is there anybody here in the US or Canada who has installed the Zard slip-on?
Where did you buy it?
I'm having a heck of a time trying to get in touch with the Zard US importer (mota-lab) - no reply by email or phone... :S

Greyo said:
Is there anybody here in the US or Canada who has installed the Zard slip-on?
Where did you buy it? I'm having a heck of a time trying to get in touch with the Zard US importer (mota-lab) - no reply by email or phone... :S
I'm readying an order that I could bring one in for you/any one if you'd like. Contact me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

About ZARD dBkiller removal: it's your responsability to remove it as soon and give the Griso his coolest voice! :lol:
I'm joking... ;)

Remove this dBk is possible but not easy. The ring that you can see is a seeger ring and if you want to remove it easily you can buy specific seeger tongs:
seeger_ring2.jpg

But, the first time you remove it, the work is not over, because ZARD dBk is installed with a welding point...that actually it becomes a welding "stained and irregular" point :(
To remove this I used a drill with a fine tip and a normal tong (it's more easy to write it than do it...), so now there's a little hole in the dbk ledge frame that is covered by the seeger when I re-install it.

Sound is great, but the characteristic that I prefer is the lightness :)
Here mine:
224632_1026639345731_1217711099_30071088_5047635_n.jpg

CIMG9901.JPG

And here you can find the trick to install it with original bags: http://grigiocarbonio.blogspot.com/2010 ... arico.html

A little suggestion on how remove stickers: heat it with a hair dryer ;)

Back