• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Test rode 2007 Griso - $$$???

jdelv

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi folks.

I test rode a 2007 red Griso with under 5,000 miles on it last week. Small bikini wind screen and an aftermarket Staintune. I'd say bike condition was very good. I've grown quite attached to this MG model. $15k for a new one isn't going to come together. So used and affordable is the point here. I currently ride a 2005 vstrom 650 and plan to keep it.

The BMW dealer wants $7500 for it (MCN put the bike value at $7500). Just reduced from $8200. My questions are these:
1. Do enough used Grisos pop up to pass on this one? Within a year or so I'm pretty sure I want to buy one and would be kicking myself if there are none out there or they are much more money.
2. Is this asking price good, bad, average for this one in it's condition?

They've had it for months and might be willing to deal some more. It could sit in the dealership for another 5 months or someone could buy it tomorrow. But I'm thinking, why buy right now? It snowed for the first time tonight where I live. I couldn't ride it much over the next 5 months, so why pay those payments and why not let it depreciate a bit more?

Any thoughts?

-J

Attachments

• guzzijon.jpg
    guzzijon.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 1,220
I bought a new, leftover 07 (zero miles/two year factory warranty) about a month ago for $7995 plus a $95 setup fee. (no other fees except sales tax, tag, title) I have seen recent posts on this forum and Wild Guzzi where a couple of others have also bought new 07's for as low as $7600. You will have to decide if the deal you've been offered is a good deal..........or not.

I picked up a 2007 with 2.5k miles, flyscreen, mistral carbon pipe for $6k on ebay
A friend picked up a 2007 with 5k miles, flyscreen, and 3case hepco luggage for $7k (this sat at dealer for 6mo)
Another on ebay with flyscreen and full power commander setup with 5k miles went for $7k

I use the $6k-$7k range for 2007 grisos with less than 5k miles.
You could do better by at least $500, maybe $1k if the dealer wanted it gone. The dealer only paid $5k-5.5k for it on trade AT BEST.

Wow, $8800 for a 2009 G12. Sad and amazing at the same time. I wouldn't want to part with my white and wonderful
2009 G12 for $8800. Someone will get an awesome deal (well under $8800 I suspect) on a fantastic motorcycle.

Mark

Moto International has a new '07 Griso (red) for sale right now for $7,500. That comes with a 2 year warranty.

dgreenwood said:
Moto International has a new '07 Griso (red) for sale right now for $7,500. That comes with a 2 year warranty.
I dropped them an email. Let's see how serious they are to sell this one! It's across the country from me, but I have 5 months to get it shipped home!

BTW, thanks for all the replies so far. I really appreciate it.

-Jon

jdelv said:
dgreenwood said:
I dropped them an email. Let's see how serious they are to sell this one! It's across the country from me, but I have 5 months to get it shipped home!

BTW, thanks for all the replies so far. I really appreciate it.

-Jon

Ship? That sounds like a great ride to me....

Uh oh. Be careful what you wish for.

The bike was offered to me for 7k; 7.5k with 2 yr warranty.

Is the warranty worth the extra 500? What sort of thing would that cover? Have you needed the warranty?

Can they can sell you a "new never titled" bike without warranty? Not sure why they care either not like you'll drive it across country to get warranty work from them. I would be inclined to check with my local MG shop and see what they say. Tell them the deal and ask if the warranty is valid no matter what price you paid.

Is the warranty worth $500? That is something you will not know until the warranty period has expired.

The warranty IS valid on a new Griso regardless of how much you paid for it. It's also valid at any dealer, not just the one the bike was purchased at. Is a 2 year warranty worth $500...IMHO, YES, absolutely, 100%. All the best to you on your decision to purchase the Griso and once you get it. But please, give your local dealer an opportunity if they have something similar available.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Mark

Chicago Mark said:
The warranty IS valid on a new Griso regardless of how much you paid for it. It's also valid at any dealer, not just the one the bike was purchased at. Is a 2 year warranty worth $500...IMHO, YES, absolutely, 100%. All the best to you on your decision to purchase the Griso and once you get it. But please, give your local dealer an opportunity if they have something similar available.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Mark

The included Warranty ( Make no mistake it is figured in the MSRP ) has paid for itself on my SE about 3 times over that 500 dollar mark. A Fried ECU and Defective Ignition Switch. You will not hear or see me bash Guzzi/ Piaggio the defective units were outsourced and not made by Guzzi/Piaggio and both failures are very rare, There might be a fault laid at the Guzzi assembly point on the ECU failure as a possible bad ECU ground connector crimp caused the failure when it got wet. I will never know if that was the case. I just am thankful that I made the purchase at a dealer with a good track record that is key and IMPORTANT. Actual total down time less the 2 weeks.

Test ride Griso at local dealership - check :p
Decide I must have a Griso - check :idea:
Pester current GuzziTech Griso owners - check :blink:
Pre-approve loan - check :whistle:
Lunch with wife to convince her I need a third bike - check :unsure:
Make a deal this weekend for Griso - :mrgreen:

It's done. Bought my 07 Griso today. The one in the first thread post. The weather was even nice enough to ride it home today! Dec 3rd is a coin toss...but it worked out in my favor. Thanks for your feedback and advice...

jdelv said:
It's done. Bought my 07 Griso today. The one in the first thread post. The weather was even nice enough to ride it home today! Dec 3rd is a coin toss...but it worked out in my favor. Thanks for your feedback and advice...

Few days in life are as sweet as those when one rides a new m/c home ... and goes out in the middle of the night to look at it and grin. Savor the moment. But many more in the saddle await.

Good for you. Life is short. You are wise not to waste it.

Bill

Back