• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Lower rider pegs on a Griso

jackson

Tuned and Synch'ed
I'm thinking about buying the peg lowering kit (for the rider) from Moto. Has anyone on this forum installed these on their Griso and if so:
1. How much of a difference do they make in leg comfort?
2. How tall are you?
I don't mind spending the money but I've bought too many things for motorcycles that either don't work very well or don't offer enough benefit to justify the cost and trouble of installing the item.
Thanks,
Jack

I bought a set from Moto for my 2007 Griso earlier this year. I have not taken them out of the package yet, so I can't comment on how well they work. Right after I ordered them, I found a local (Toronto) saddle shop and decided to raise the seat height instead. I'm adding 1.5" to 2" in height. My inseam is 34" so I found it cramped with the stock setup.
The seat modification is custom and costs more than the lower pegs, but I also want to see if it removes or reduces the need to modify the handlebars. Seat is out being modified now, so I'll know in a few weeks.
If you are interested in the pegs, I still have them. I contacted them to return them, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I just bought the last two sets that Moto International had in stock. You might want to contact them to see when they'll get more in ;)

I haven't decided yet if I want to do install these on my Griso. I've bought a lot of different farkles for motorcycles during my 42 years of riding and many times, they don't work well enough to justify the cost so I'm just looking for comments from those who have installed these pegs and how well they've worked for them. I also thought about having a couple of inches added to the seat since this would not interfere with the lean angle like lower pegs. (and, at $175, they are quite pricey for an extra inch of leg space)

Had a few thoughts along this vein and even started on making a set myself. The buell pegs could end up being a cheaper try out in the US but a bit harder to find in OZ. If you Boogle lower footpegs you get a heap of Jap bike conversions on various forums and a couple of Fleabay sales for kits etc. I too worry about the lower peg position and scraping but I need to solve the side stand wearing away first. Another Idea might be to get rid of the alloy peg mounts all together and and use a Bellagio type set up and keep it inboard a bit more. Dont actually know if this would offer a better position or not. Pete has a set of custom ones on his frog that look smicko Cheers

I've been offered an almost new set of the MI pegs so I'm going to buy them and give them a try. Thanks for the replies.
Jack

I got the pegs installed finally. Here's the brake side:

6306641973_5378c72dd8_b.jpg

I've only done a few miles...so far, so good. Nicely made. Only down side for me is that I now need longer pegs on the shifter & brake pedal. Otherwise...Bob's yer uncle!

Factory, buell pegs, Knight Design pegs...then factory spring, buell spring, Yamaha spring (oops, photos were cut off)
you can see the mods done to the buell pegs (peg too wide for slot). Pin hole was much too big too, but they worked.
2011-11-19_14-35-41_441.jpg

Stock springs had too short of a 'tang', so I sourced Yamaha springs from my FJR...
Yamaha part numbers:
10-90508-183B9-00 ($0.93 ea)
10-90508-184B0-00 ($0.93 ea)
KD pegs should be in the $75 range in any color you would like.

2011-11-19_14-37-08_205.jpg

2011-11-19_14-37-16_189.jpg

2011-11-19_14-37-24_565.jpg

contractor20 said:
Question :idea: :idea: On the KD set up, If you ran the left peg on the right side and vice versa do you end up with the controls a little closer :?: :?:

The peg angle would be all off. You could do it, but I'm not sure how it would look or ride.

mojohand said:
I got the pegs installed finally. Here's the brake side:
6306641973_5378c72dd8_b.jpg
Looks good, but won't it come in contact with the ground too soon on hard leans/tight turns?

Back